View Full Version : What do you think will be the better movie; War of the Worlds or The Fantactic Four?

joebahama
07-01-2005, 07:48 AM
I think Fantactic Four, I am going to see them both anyway.

Mr Rage
07-01-2005, 08:49 AM
I've heard many positive reviews for War of the Worlds already. So it might be a solid movie watch. Despite Tom Cruises antics. Too bad about Katie Holmes in the new Batman franchise. I heard that Warner Bros. does not want her back as Rachel Dawes (probably because she didn't hype the movie during pre-release interviews for BB).

Fantastic Four...hmmm...despite many reshoots & rewriting of the script for the third act at the last minute, I'll still be going to see it. I'm a comic book fan to the core. So I'm just loving many of the comic book films being put out.

Not to steal the thread, but here's to Superman Returns, X-men 3, & Ghost Rider. Let's hope they are more successful.

Mr Rage

SoulcatcherX
07-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Hmmm.... Jessica Alba or Tom Cruise and aliens bent on world destruction. :confused:

I think I'll take Jessica Alba! :D

joebahama
07-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Not to steal the thread, but here's to Superman Returns, X-men 3, & Ghost Rider. Let's hope they are more successful.

Mr Rage

What, when are they due out; I am big Ghost Rider fan and I want to see more of Collossus in X Men 3?

YoJoeNCSU
07-01-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm more exited about seeing War Of The Worlds...but only because I was never a big Fantastic Four fan. They both look cool though.

Only thing kinda bad about War Of The Worlds is that its such a classic story you kinda hate that you already know the ending.

I'll probably wait until the Fantastic Four is out on DVD and then rent.

Kir Kanos
07-01-2005, 02:07 PM
I had only heard of the Fantastic 4 before this movie. After seeing the previews, it looks awesome!

As for 'War of the Worlds', I never underestimate Tom Cruise's ability to make a movie stink. (See 'Mission: Impossible'). Gonna pass on this one. As for Katie Holmes leaving the Batman franchise, good riddance! She was the only bad part of the movie, imo.

GungHo
07-01-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm really excited about War of the Worlds.......I'm taking my wife to see it tomorrow.

As for Fantastic Four.......I'll wait for it on DVD.....it looks ok, just seems to be missing something I guess. As for Jessica Alba......I could care less about here.......she's more hype than anything IMHO.

danielmd06
07-01-2005, 05:19 PM
War of the Worlds...especially because I always appreciated the book by HG Wells.

Crimson Viper Commander
07-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Seen War of the Worlds tonight and wasnt very impressed by it. Special effects were cool and all but the ending kinda was lame. I think I would have been better off watching Batman Begins. Will definitely be seeing F4 next week tho.

review-this
07-02-2005, 01:36 AM
i've seen them both,
i think war of the worlds is far better, but Fantastic Four is pretty good too.

orionlukteel
07-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Saw War of the Worlds yesterday - VERY intense, like loud noises every five minutes. :D
It's an old story, so yeah, the ending was *yawn* but I had forgotten that's how it ended. Overall, I liked it. My wife walked out afterward very spooked. Spielberg did his job!:D

I'm kinda iffy on the FF movie - it LOOKS cool, but I don't think it can compare to the X-Men or Spider-Man movies for quality. We'll see, though, I might be pleasantly surprised.

X-Men 3 hasn't started principal filming yet, so it most likely won't hit until May 2007.

As far as Ghost Rider, the only buzz I've heard so far is that Nicholas Cage is attached, which I guess means we're getting the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider and not the Danny Ketch version. With special effects and CG the way they are, that should be fun to watch.

GungHo
07-02-2005, 04:52 PM
I just got home from taking my wife shopping....and seeing War of the Worlds. We both enjoyed the movie.....VERY intense movie.

We both give it an 8-8 1/2 out of a possible 10. Tom Cruise played an a GREAT role......and Tim Roth was also a nice treat to see in the movie.

joebahama
07-05-2005, 03:56 PM
I saw it this weekend, I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. I hope Fantastic 4 is a little better but I doubt it. I guess with this movie I wanted to see more of the military fighting back. But then again I guess they took it from the perspective of the one man trying to survive through the whole ordeal.

Tom Cruise played an a GREAT role......and Tim Roth was also a nice treat to see in the movie.

I agree, isn't it amazing that they also were in Top Gun together almost 20 years ago.

The Faceless Master
07-06-2005, 01:08 PM
What, when are they due out; I am big Ghost Rider fan and I want to see more of Collossus in X Men 3?

not sure about Collossus, altho he had a kewl cameo in X2
but i heard that Beast will be played by Kelsey Grammer
and someone was signed to play the role of Juggernaut

but Halle is almost certain not to make a return
hopefully she will be replaced with Gabrielle Union instead

gutstheberserker
07-06-2005, 04:28 PM
I thought War of the Worlds was horrible. The plot gaps were enormous -- like the kid suddenly showing up at his family's house in Boston and amazingly his street was unaffected by the alien invasion. Or the fact that aliens planted these devices millions of years ago so they could take us over today -- why not just take earth over back then and didn't their technology update in a million years? Didn't they run into some of these buried machines while digging the subway in NY? Why did the digital video camera work after the pulse but parked cars did not work? How did the van survive an airplane exploding right next to it? The humans' blood are used as a food source yet they vaporize most of them? When the aliens were sick in the end why did that affect their vehicle's shields? They can travel in space and have been planning an invasion for millions of years but didn't think to bring biohazard suits? And that idiotic Dakota Fanning screaming her brains out incessantly. Ridiculous.

War of the Worlds made Scooby Doo 2 look like a good movie.

danielmd06
07-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Wow. So maybe I won't be going to see War of the Worlds after all...