Bootleg from Poland... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Bootleg from Poland...

Supreme Cobra Leader
07-02-2005, 04:29 AM
Hi there, Guys!

Is anybody interested in bootleg version of Backblast '89 from Poland? I can send photo to interested people if need. This things are exxxtremely RARE 'cause it could be got only in Poland in early 90's...

Pete The Greek
07-02-2005, 11:03 AM
I am interested. Fire away

Tattoo Shane
07-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Pete's got first dibs but i'm interested as well should you find anymore. Shoot me an email with pics at [email protected]

cou.cou84
07-03-2005, 02:52 AM
Could you put them on a webpage, so we could all see them?

Supreme Cobra Leader
07-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Sorry Guys but first was airedevon and we try to make a deal. But if You interested in further sets or single figures let me know. I promise I'll do my best to get more of them. Also You can write to me what You could offer for that unique stuff...

Have a nice day...

BelgianGabber
07-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Could you send me some pics too of Polish stuff you have...

Pete The Greek
07-03-2005, 05:47 PM
I was more interested in seeing some pictures. :)

cou.cou84
07-04-2005, 02:05 AM
I was more interested in seeing some pictures. :)

Same thing for me..

Cesspool
07-04-2005, 07:13 AM
Same here, also when was a bootleg rare?

And if its so rare and over 10 years old, how come theres more available?

Tattoo Shane
07-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Bootlegs can be *incredibly* rare. You have to keep in mind the conditions in which older bootlegs were made - generally in eastern block or South American countires with poor economic conditions. The countires couldn't afford to import the "real" toys and the consumers couldn't afford to buy them if they wanted to. So, local entrepreneurs took it upon themselves to fill the demand.

Bootleg operations during those years (and to an extent even today) were very small compared to the larger licensed production companies and the production runs of these items were often miniscule. That, coupled with the fact that no one kept these around or took care of them makes finding them very tricky.

That's not to say there aren't quite a few around but it's not like there's an overabundance of them. I have seen several of these Polish pieces turn up in the past but the person(s) who had them wanted waaaaaay too much money for them and they never sold. Rarity doesn't always necessitate high value and in the case of bootlegs, most people don't understand them, let alone collect or appreciate them so they often go by unnoticed. If people actually took the time to learn about the different bootleg operations that ran throughout the world they'd understand just how challenging a hobby collecting them can be.

And FWIW, this Polish line came from the same era and company that made the 3rd Generation Polish Star Wars bootlegs, some of which came with GI Joe accessories and even limbs.

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-speci/polishboots/3rd-gen.html