Anyone happen to hear what the White Mortal went for? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Anyone happen to hear what the White Mortal went for?

Eric Bates
07-08-2005, 09:54 AM
I was just wondering what the final sale for the treasuresntoys white mortal ended up being?

CGC
07-08-2005, 11:37 AM
I heard that it was roughly $3000, I thought it would have been closer to 5. For privacy, I don't think the actual amount or the buyer will be announced.

***EDIT

That figure was just a rumor I heard a couple days after it ended. I can't even say how accurate the source was. :o

GBPackRat
07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
If that rumor is anywhere close, $3k isn't all that bad all things considered.

Tanner

jabba the drunk
07-09-2005, 04:17 PM
I don't know who won the White Mortal or how much it sold for, but I'd gather that the buyer would probably want the info to be private. I know it'd be kinda cool for us other Joe collector's to get a general idea of what an item like this would be "worth" (I know I'm interested), but it ultimately is the buyer's choice & this can be respected.

Now...it may have been a great time for Ron to host this sale. It seems like viewer of this board (or another Joe board in which the sale's info had been posted), has been posting "Wanted" auctions in Venezuela for the White Mortal, Glenda, Cobra Mortal, and any other Venezuelan variations (using other's pictures, I might add)

But, it's a pretty smart move to do something like this if you want to contact alot of people in Venezuela. And from what I can gather, there has been a response to this "Wanted" saying that they had a White Mortal. Now, whether it pans-out to be true, time will tell.

So as Ron has said before, it's great to seen new "finds" turn-up. Perhaps the popularity of this White Mortal sale, has already revealed another one?

Here's the link to the guy's "Wanted" auction on Venezuela's Ebay MercadoLibre:

http://www.mercadolibre.com.ve/jm/item?site=MLV&id=3714160

-Peter