G.I. Joe live action movie in the works? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : G.I. Joe live action movie in the works?

mcabrera1275
07-09-2005, 10:52 PM
I've heard rumors of a live action G.I. Joe movie in the works. From Jerry Bruckheimer producing it, Ray Park as Snake Eyes, and even not using the 1980's "special forces team" and rather instead using the single 1960's/70's single G.I. Joe character Joseph Colton.

I know there is a confirmed live action Transformers movie in the works by Spielberg, but is there a possibility of G.I. Joe as well?

Check this out.. and tell me what you all think.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808512049

firemanrh
07-14-2005, 04:16 PM
it based on the 80s cartoon and is a prequil to the cartoon to tell the rise of cobra but it still to early to get any real info

07-21-2005, 10:21 AM
The website that you linked to is about the most one-source place there is for info on the movie, though you can piece together other bits from other sources.

My source tells me that several scripts were drafted and scrapped and that they are still working on finalizing any script! Simply, this is a long way from happening.

mcabrera1275
07-22-2005, 01:06 AM
I always thought that a G.I. Joe movie would come out before a Transformers movie for some reason. But since Transformers will be released by Dreamworks on 07/04/07, who knows what could be possible?