Now here's a thought. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Now here's a thought.

Onslaught Six
07-10-2005, 01:43 PM
We've got the Red Shadows, right?

Then we have Destro's son....

Now, I think it'd be really cool if he got into some kind of accident and had to have bits of him technologically repaired--and following this, he changed his name to Red Jackal and joined the Red Shadows somehow.

Might be cool. Or lame.

gunslingercbr
07-11-2005, 02:25 AM
why does he have to be injured and repaired to join the Red Shadows? why can't he join them anyway? also, why would he join the Red Jackals just because he is hurt and repaired?

sorry, but I vote lame. the events are contrived an unneccessary. you need reasons why he joins to Red Shadows? if it is because he is injured and repaired, that is contrived and lame. again, if he is injured just so he is repaired to join the Red Shadows, that is contrived as well. and why the name change? there is no reason.

danielmd06
07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Probably corny...but I rather like the general idea and it fits with the synthesis of various Joe threads of continuity that Devil's Due seems to enjoy employing. The Red Shadows have already demonstrated a penchant for technological "improvements" on biological systems with those nervous system implants of theirs. Also, if changing sides (against his own father one might add) Alexander might well assume a new name with which to formally cement his allegiances. And the "Red" as a prefix to his name would also jibe with the new organization he belongs to.

Or maybe not. :D

Onslaught Six
07-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Well, he 'could' join them 'anyway' for no apparent reason.

The thing is, Red Jackal was an Action Force character, and 'his' storyline was that he was damaged in some kind of accident (I forget) and the Red Shadows repaired him when Action Force couldn't.

The idea here is that something similar would happen as a cool plot twist in the normal storyline with little real creative effort *and* be a funny reference to those who 'do' know where it's from.

Mysterious Stranger
07-12-2005, 01:31 PM
I think it fits better if Alexander dethrones Destro from the inside rather than going to an unknown variable like the Shadows. Playing the whipped dog for daddy all the while plotting and scheming to overthrow him. Alexander wants his birthright (the Destro name, MARS etc) and I don't think he'll settle for anything less. No matter how damaged physically he may become.

Now in the Reloaded universe, I can see this working, but not in the mainstream continuity.