Is Lifeline really a pacifist? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Is Lifeline really a pacifist?

Short-Fuse
07-12-2005, 07:56 AM
In the cartoon Lifeline is portrayed as a pacifist, but I thought it was Doc that was the pacifist not Lifeline. It never says anything on Lifline's filecards to lead to this, but it is stated on Doc's filecard. Also, most of the Lifeline figures came with weapons. :confused:

sinnister
07-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Yeah, in the cartoons he wouldn't even touch a weapon. I watch and like the toons but I get my joes' personalities from the file cards or the marvel comic run.

Patrick A. Riley
07-12-2005, 09:20 AM
He was a pacifist in both the cartoon and comic

Short-Fuse
07-12-2005, 10:37 AM
But why do they portray him as a pacifist in both cartoon and comic when it does not state so in his filecard? I don't mind one of them being pacifists, but both? It seems like they got confused and gave Doc's personality to Lifeline.

Obiwanjacoby
07-12-2005, 11:00 AM
The pacifist in the comics was way more respectible than in the toon. At least in Special Missions he goes all Aikido on Horror-Show and gets respect from River Pirates.

In the toon he wouldn't even touch a rifle muzzle offered to fish him out of a shark pit. Or was it a pit-trap? I forget. But it was ridiculous.

-PJ

Obiwanjacoby
07-12-2005, 11:08 AM
As from what I've heard, there are different levels of devotion to either practice.

But why do they portray him as a pacifist in both cartoon and comic when it does not state so in his filecard? I don't mind one of them being pacifists, but both? It seems like they got confused and gave Doc's personality to Lifeline.

We had this debate in the past (a few times, actually). You wouldn't believe how many real-life Corpsmen are Joe collectors. Anyhoo, it makes complete sense to them. Even on the '86 card art where he's got a .45, they say you can be a pacifist and still lay down cover fire w/one hand while dragging out your wounded with the other. ;) Because there's a limit to not fighting and watching your wounded buddy get torn up.

-PJ

Short-Fuse
07-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I guess I wasn't really looking for an answer, I just thought it was odd that both the Joe medics were pacifists. I didn't read the comics much, but I did watch the cartoon a lot and I remember how much Lifeline was opposed to fighting. I really don't remember Doc acting that way on the cartoon. Did he in the comic?