dockingbay97
07-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Pick your favorite DTC Wave 1 Single Pack figure

The Faceless Master
07-13-2005, 09:32 AM
I am surprised that there arent that many votes for Crimson Guard... yet

dockingbay97
07-13-2005, 09:42 AM
The Crimson Guard wasn't doing so well in the Hasbro troope building poll either. I think maybe people are getting more than their fill of Crimson Guards.

MARSagent
07-13-2005, 11:07 AM
The reason the CG aren't that big of a hit is because they aren't really crimson anymore. I was a little disappointed with them because the figure has different shades of red throughout the body. Nothing really matches. The chest, arms, legs, and pack are all different shades of red.

danyanda
07-13-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm not overly excited about any of these figures. A few of them have some parts that are great, but the only one that truly stands out to me is the medi Viper. It has a wonderful head sculpt that we have never seen anything close to before. The CG is alright, but at the end of the day it is nothing more than an attempt to recapture or small improvement on the original (depending on how you look at it). I like the head but is it really that much of a big deal when they already made one 20 years ago?

Patrick A. Riley
07-13-2005, 08:59 PM
I'd select 'none of the above' but that's not an option. I'm not a fan of the new elbow joints. They look stupid and add nothing to articulation except allowing the elbow to bend backwards. What's the point? Is everyone a contortionist now? It's not an improvement and is probably just a cheaper design

Medi-Viper has a cool new head
I'm gonna get another Major Barrage to open up and see what the big deal is with the "steroid vein" neck

spect_spidey
07-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Well after seeing these in a my local new/used toy shop today, I voted for Scrap Iron. He is the same height as ARAH figures, looks very cool in his armor, and I think would make a terrific army builder figure even though he is a personality figure. I haven't opened him yet to check out the new elbow joint, but inside the package he makes my jaw drop. If the new Range Viper is half this good and the same size, then I have found my Cobra army. Only downside to this figure is his weapons. First off, I don't care for silver weapons prefer black weapons for guns. Secondly, his pistol is way over used. And thirdly don't really like his huge gun either. Should have given him a different handgun and some sort of missile or rocket weapon maybe like Salvo's rocket pack, the original Scrap Iron missile set up, or even Metalhead's backpack.

Viper Commander
07-14-2005, 02:39 AM
I voted for the CG, At first I only got two with my case, but now Im going back to order at least 9 more. Trust me, they look way better in person. :)

The MASS Device
07-15-2005, 09:14 AM
I chose the new Crimson Guard, because it is just what I look for in a new release -- an update of a classic. I don't care if there are different colors of red, everything about this figure works for me and it is the best looking army-builder in the new line to date. It even makes the wave 7 Vipers look bad by comparison.

mizak23
07-15-2005, 01:12 PM
I voted Major Barrage, simply because I think its a fantastic sculpt, and as soon as some more heads are availible, I want to make an Arnold Schwarzenegger custom. Although is dossier sucks, Artillery Commander, with Shotguns (close range) and like to beat up cobras (aslo close range).

joebahama
07-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Although I am a army builder I voted for Major Barage, his proportions are huge and I think he makes a great new character. And yes I am also getting tired of CGS although I did get a couple of them.

Cavalry Man
07-17-2005, 03:59 PM
All these figures are solid, but none of them overly excited me. But when I got my case of figs and looked at the CG, I said to myself 10 more please. So now I'll have 12. They certainly look better in person. Though not all the colors match.

Magna Prime
07-29-2005, 10:08 AM
It's hard for me to pick just one, but I chose Major Barrage, as he's just an awesome addition to the Joe ranks. I like all the figures, my only complaints are minor ones. Like Mutt would be a lot better if they just gave him a mustache. I love the Crimson Guard, and the Medi-Vipers are awesome. I don't plan on army building either however, as I don't know what I'd do with an army of medics, and an army of siegies just doesn't seem right, but that's my personal thing. Scrap Iron is awesome, and I really like his huge gun. The smaller one I can ignore. I like the Spirit figure, but I'd like him a lot more if he was in his black uniform.

Puffo
08-08-2005, 05:44 AM
Medi-Viper. Good that there finaly is one, and a cool one!

Bong Viper
08-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Although I was torn between 4 characters (CG, MV, Major Barrage and my vote), I went with Scrap Iron.

Sure, not to many were found of the mold, but I really like it. We've seen our fair share of repaints of the figure, but never a new mold. I like how his shoulder pads incorporate his status within the Iron Grenadier ranks, while still showing his true & blue Cobra colors. By the way, has anyone taken a moment to see how sharp he looks with a blue Air Assault Glider? If not, you should do so immediately :D

Bleak5170
08-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Mutt for sure. He's my third favourite Joe so it's only natural i would choose him. Like Magna Prime stated, he would look a lot better with a moustache though. I guess it's possible he could have shaved after all these years, but it's just not Mutt without the 'stache. And it's nice to see we finally got a realistic-looking Junkyard.

natedogg
08-23-2005, 06:27 PM
My votes for the Medi-Viper. Just glad they finally made one!

Kir Kanos
08-24-2005, 07:44 AM
I really like Major Barrage, he's big, his proportions aren't bad, love the shotguns, I just wish his head didn't pop off so much.

Red Sox
09-01-2005, 04:33 PM
I like all the figures from this wave, but Spirit takes it for me. The new Freedom kicks all kinds of butt and Spirit looks awesome. Plus that knife is HUGE & sweet!

MikePrime
09-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Spirit and the Crimson Guard are my favorites, but I'll vote for Spirit.

james strickland
09-14-2005, 04:26 PM
I like the new major

Mr. Crimson
12-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Never to late? I hope... Anyway although I am not to enthusiastic about any of these figures I do prefer the Crimson Guard.

-Lewis

whitedalek
12-05-2005, 07:34 PM
I like the Major, but the CG takes it. I like the look alot. Plus, I've always dug those type of britches!

Falcone
12-09-2005, 01:03 AM
medi-viper, the only one i bought

thoughtcrime
12-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Went with the CG despite the 'strength' of Barrage's mold (pun intended). Barrage is great but I just like the CG.