I'm going to Japan next year. What are the chances... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : I'm going to Japan next year. What are the chances...

Angry Beef
07-19-2005, 07:17 PM
.... of finding Japanese Joe items easily?

oLd ScHoOl ToYs
07-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Never been there but if you speak Japanese I think you got a good chance.

Bermuda Mohawk
07-21-2005, 11:13 PM
.... of finding Japanese Joe items easily?

I have found at least one item every time I have gone to Japan. Sometimes they are pricey, sometimes not. Typically it's like some random figure, mainly I have found Dreadnoks. I had found a shop that had boxes and boxes of old stock once. I bought all the Cobra stuff they had except one case of Rattlers, I left all the Joe items. I think they still have it all, and at old 1986 retail prices. But even with the same '86 pricetag, a Skystriker is still $70 after taxes.

gutstheberserker
07-22-2005, 08:44 AM
It should be pretty easy to find. Last time I was there, there was a store in Harajuku (Tokyo) that sold vintage stuff.

thorn
07-24-2005, 04:32 AM
waht the heck! my friend moved there last year, and after a few visists he said he couldnt find anything- that shopkeepers said
"you wont have much luck finding American war toys here"

but i would think it wouldnt be THat hard, there are often Japanese joes on ebay.

if you figure out a good place to get them, let me know, maybe i can get my frined to look harder for me

Evil Ryu
08-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Really Tough! I lived there for 3 years and found about 4 of them MOC and that was the last I saw of Joes in Japan. Joes weren't popular with the Japanese because of their pacifist ways and saw Joe as a war type toy. You will have to look in out of the way vintage small stores if you find any and if you do they will probably be really cheap. I found a MOC Gung-ho v1, Major Bludd v1, and two Cobra Soldiers for about 800 yen($7.50)each.
As a side note, I also found some Joe sized Japanese wrestling figures from the different promotions there.
Good luck.