Brazilian joe filecard translations? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Brazilian joe filecard translations?

Evilgenius
07-24-2005, 09:38 AM
I was wondering if anyone had translated the filecards in to English for the following figures:

Urzor
Armadilha
Lobisomem
Relampago
Pântano
Escorpião Voador
Abutre Negro

I'd love to know their background details. For example are Armadilha's troops or is he an individual? If they are troops Is Urzor their leader?

Caueskt
07-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Hey man, you´re right?

I can help, I can try to translate, roughly at least, hehehe...

I´ll begin with Abutre Negro: http://www.internationaljoes.com/abutrenegrofc.jpg

"He always acts at night, when he´s almost invisible. Once he´s released at the heights, Abutre Negro manages to maintain his flight till he locates the Comandos(Joes). Then he goes down very slowly. He goes lowering, lowering untill landing silent in order to make his surprise night attack. Without withnesses, no prisioners.
__________________________________________________ ______________________
"Abutre Negro´s dream was to be a football referee. That black dressing would fascinate him. Once, he whistle (was a referee) a match and cheated, so much but so much that he left everybody angry: till the team wins... But he had such fun!!"

This is the translation, I think it´s clear... Afterwards I translate more...

Falô

Evilgenius
07-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Caueskt thank you for your help!
The other translations would be be appreciated.:)

Pete The Greek
07-26-2005, 08:59 PM
__________________________________________________ ______
"Abutre Negro´s dream was to be a football referee. That black dressing would fascinate him. Once, he whistle (was a referee) a match and cheated, so much but so much that he left everybody angry: till the team wins... But he had such fun!!"....

Man, that is funny. Who expects that on a filecard.

Corredor X
07-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Here's a little help :D I'll come back later and put some more of them, OK?

Cobra Comandante Negro (Cobra Black Commander)
Codename: Lobisomem (Werewolf)

In order to dedicate to martial arts, Lobisomem isolated himself in the mountains, with oriental masters. His identity was never revealed, and it's only knew that he still lives there, with a wild wolf always ready to attack, with claws and teeth, whoever comes close. Mainly, a Comando (em Ação, our Joes)! Lobisomem only leaves his hideout when called by the Cobras for a special night mission. And when it happens, you could hear the wolves howling in pain!

Naja Motociclista (Python Motorcycle Racer)
Codename: Relâmpago (Lightning)

After surprising everyone with his "Death Globe" act (note: this is a circus show, where some motorcycles run in a sphere-shaped cage; don't know how it's called in U.S.), the young Relâmpago was the show's big success, when he hit a moving target while in his motorcycle, at 200km/h! Quickly, he was called for the Comandos' Tiger Force. And quick as a ray, he passed to the enemy side! Found as a traitor, he was banished from the Tiger Force. Nowadays, he's part of the terrible Python Patrol - Cobra's elite troopers for above-human missions. When the roar of this motorcycle blows, the Tiger Force have to think quickly, because Relâmpago's "bite" is fulminant!

Pete The Greek
08-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Here's a little help :D I'll come back later and put some more of them, OK?

Cobra Comandante Negro (Cobra Black Commander)
Codename: Lobisomem (Werewolf)

In order to dedicate to martial arts, Lobisomem isolated himself in the mountains, with oriental masters. His identity was never revealed, and it's only knew that he still lives there, with a wild wolf always ready to attack, with claws and teeth, whoever comes close. Mainly, a Comando (em Ação, our Joes)! Lobisomem only leaves his hideout when called by the Cobras for a special night mission. And when it happens, you could hear the wolves howling in pain!

Naja Motociclista (Python Motorcycle Racer)
Codename: Relâmpago (Lightning)

After surprising everyone with his "Death Globe" act (note: this is a circus show, where some motorcycles run in a sphere-shaped cage; don't know how it's called in U.S.), the young Relâmpago was the show's big success, when he hit a moving target while in his motorcycle, at 200km/h! Quickly, he was called for the Comandos' Tiger Force. And quick as a ray, he passed to the enemy side! Found as a traitor, he was banished from the Tiger Force. Nowadays, he's part of the terrible Python Patrol - Cobra's elite troopers for above-human missions. When the roar of this motorcycle blows, the Tiger Force have to think quickly, because Relâmpago's "bite" is fulminant!

Nice tie in with Relâmpago (aka Ripcord) with Comandos' Tiger Force. Ripcord was suppose to be used for the American Tiger Force line http://yojoe.com/archive/preprod/88/ripcord.shtml Gets shafted from both.

As for Lobisomem, I guess he didn't have too many guys to command in cobra.

B.T.P.
08-04-2005, 01:53 AM
What about Kangor?

The Faceless Master
06-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Any more translation help?

Corredor X
06-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Sorry, I totally forgot about this topic, I haven't been in the forums for a long time :o

I have the Urzor figure, but I don't have his filecard. And the cardback picture in the archives is too small to read everything... But it says something about he not liking the company of anyone, just his bear - and just because it hunts for him. He alsos kills animals to sell their fur, using his weapon, etc. And the lower part says that no animal can find him in the jungle, because he knows how to smell like them - and he don't bath or use soap, having a terrible smell. Oh, something else: the word for "bear" in portuguese is "urso", which is pronounced almost like "Urzor", a name who means nothing by itself.

Escorpião Voador (Flying Scorpion)

The sound of gunfire trying to hit him is like music to his ears. Escorpião Voador loves to serve as a living target. Therefore, when he lands, he knows exactly where is the Comando (Joe) he has to destroy. In a sneaking way, he passes around and make his attack in the back. Cowardly and fulminating.

"Even as a kid, Escorpião Voador used to make his attack plans. Played a house's bell in the front, and while the owner come to answer, he went to the back and stole everything he could: bikes, buckets, clothes and even birds' cages or pets!"

Pântano (Swamp) - a little note: there were two figures in Brazil called Pântano. The first one uses the mold of Python Cooperhead, and the other - the one whose filecard I translate below - is based on Iceberg v2, but he's a Cobra in Brazil.

Pântano's biggest pleasure is making attacks on marshy and swampy terrains, with lots of sewers and pollution. He comes with his immaculated white clothes, and goes away laughing, totally dirt. Really dirt, of body and soul, because he's able to make the dirtiest things to reach his goals!

"He was always this way. Ex-butcher, he loved to get his apron dirty. Blood, fat, viscera... The dirtier, the best. The Cobras soon noticed that someone with these qualities would make a great fighter..."

Armadilha (Trap) - note: he's also a Cobra here in Brazil. Yeah, we never got some of the classic Cobras (the twins, Zartan, Serpentor, Baroness :(, even most of the Vipers!), but lots of Joes are bad guys around here :D

Ex-guerrila warrior in Africa, he knows everything about traps, pitfalls and ambushs. One of his biggest pleasures is the sound of breaking bones when people got caught in one of his execrable creations. Even some of the Cobras fear to get caught in one of them, when they nedd to call him in some mission. After all, they say, how can someone trust a man called ARMADILHA?

"Suspicious of everything and everyone, he never let his body uncovered. Nobody never saw him without his helmet, vest and uniform. The Comandos (Joes) joke, saying that getting closer to him is already a trap: the smell is terrible..."

Kangor - like Urzor, his name sound like "canguru", which is "kangaroo" in portuguese
Lutador Selvagem (Savage Fighter)

Cruel and insensible boxer, Kangor was banished from every championship he participated for being too violent and disloyal. In a trip to Australia, he stole and trained the kangaroo Gooru to form with him the most hideous duo ever seen. Kangor uses and abuses of cheap hits and Gooru, standing in his tail, makes precise punches with front paws and devasting kicks with his feet, not being hit by anyone!

"A quarrelsome kid, nobody could win a street fight from Kangor. If he was in disadvantage, he soon would appeal and call his friends to help. Oh, yeah, his friends were a enormous bulldog and a scaring and very nervous Fila (don't know how this kind of dog is called in english...).

Hope I helped you guys! Anything I could do in translation, just call me:D