dockingbay97
07-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Wizard World Chicago roll call - it is just around the corner

Post if you are attending

Maybe we can all do something one of the days

GBPackRat
07-27-2005, 06:22 PM
DB,

I'll be there Sat and Sun. I've got your number, maybe we'll finally met up this year.

Tanner

Jeff Bohn
07-27-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm out. Just not enough there that I'd be interested anymore, and I've already done one convention this year.

Quick favor though, could someone pick up Evangeline Lilly for me and send her my way?

dockingbay97
07-27-2005, 10:58 PM
Jeff, say it ain't so...............

I am definetly standing in the Evangeline Lilly line. I have some pretty cool to get signed.

GBPackRat
07-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Jeff, if you want to pay DB upfront and then DB, if you want to pass the figure off to me, Jeff I could bring it back and have them hold it at Westfield's for you the next time you stop in Madison, or even at my house if you wanted to just stop by there?

Would save you shipping. Just a thoght.

Tanner

dockingbay97
07-27-2005, 11:41 PM
Um he is joking Tanner - there is no figure - he wants the real girl :)

dockingbay97
07-27-2005, 11:42 PM
I have this big 4 foot by 5 foot banner I am going to try to have her sign

http://www.creationent.com/ebay/0719_05_LOST_EL_BAN_LRG.jpg

Jeff Bohn
07-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely not going to WW Chicago now. Nothing I'm really hunting for at this time (besides a few scarce Action Force special comics), none of the toys I collect have any exclusives there, DD isn't going so can't get that exclusive (still hunting for the Elite issue released in SD), and I finally found a Brak and Zorak figure online which was going to be my main goal at the convention. With DD not being there, and DC not releasing any info about the Flash (they just keep teasing that the Crisis is coming and the Flash didn't survive the last Crisis), that covers all my comics.

Just not enough there to make a $70 trip this year (gas, ticket, parking food), and that's really sad.

Jeff

dockingbay97
07-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Did you ever find out why DD isn't going to be there?

dockingbay97
07-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Never mind - I see it
"poor floor placement " - so they didn't get a booth at the door and now they are bailing? Weak.

Anyway with so much stuff at WWC and so much cool stuff for sale, it is a shame you aren't going.

GBPackRat
07-28-2005, 08:55 AM
I spoke to DD at the Joe con and they said they would be there...

Just not in a big booth... From what I've been told, prices for the larger booths have been going up and they didn't want to pay the prices for the booth.

Where'd you guys hear DD wasn't going to be there at all?

That would be really odd considering their HQ's in Chi-Town.

As for the figure...ah yeah... sorry, I was outta the loop on that one...

At least I was willing to help! And still am if your able to smuggle her outta the convention.

Tanner

dockingbay97
07-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Where'd you guys hear DD wasn't going to be there at all?

They announced it on their site

dockingbay97
07-28-2005, 09:20 AM
I don't like this trend at all - a lot of exhibitors want to bail on WWC because they feel they get more bang out of their buck with SD - because so many of them have business meetings there with movie/tv production companies and other things like that.

I think the big exhibitors that are left at WWC are there mostly due to the weight Wizard pulls with their magazines.

Exhibitors also complain that Wizard is spreading themselves too thin with so many different cons. Wizard keeps adding shows and darn near even added WW Seattle.

It is a shame - WWC is a huge show and there are a lot of fans there. I have been going for so many years - back to Chicago ComiCon days, I feel loyal to it.

GBPackRat
07-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Wow...

That's sad. When a company who's home town is Chicago, doesn't even want to be there...

Well there goes most of my weekend at the con. I even held back on taking stuff to the Joe con this year cuz I thought WW was a lock and I'd get my stuff signed there...

Sigh...

Wizard World Chicago is becoming less and less of a draw for me..

Tanner

Jeff Bohn
07-28-2005, 12:26 PM
"We've been attending Wizard World for many years, but with the current pricing of the show vs. what we thought was poor floor placement this year, and our tight production schedule, we weighed the options. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem viable to attend this year. Maybe next year.

On another note, we sold so many of our exclusives in San Diego, more than we expected, that we don't have many left to sell even if we were attending the show."

That was the official response.

rjluna
07-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Well Ive been attending ever since i moved up here and will be attending sat morning. But what really bummed me out was what Jeff posted. That most of the exclusives are short in supply. Man, thats why im going really early: to try and score some of those! Well, wish me luck....

Nomad
07-31-2005, 08:22 AM
*Ahem*...

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?p=136918#post136918

dockingbay97
08-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Evangeline Lilly cancelled - that sucks

GBPackRat
08-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Like I said...

Chicago con is loosing it draw for me every year...

If something isn't done to jazz it up and get some new people in there...

I may stop going....

Tanner