I Love Dreamwave's "Transformers-GI Joe" Comic [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : I Love Dreamwave's "Transformers-GI Joe" Comic

The MASS Device
07-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Man, after being really disappointed and turned off by Devil's Due lately regarding Joe comics, I am really loving Dreamwave's take on GI Joe in issue one of their GI Joe/Transformer crossover series. They really nailed the 80's Joe characters and have set up a great story. The art was refreshingly different (and good in my opinion) and all of the characters just felt right.

Devil's Due should take some lessons from these guys. I can't wait for the rest of the series.

Jeff Bohn
07-27-2005, 10:12 PM
I can't wait for the rest of the series.

Don't hold your breath if you are talking about the Divided Front series. Dreamwave lost the TF license and folded. IDW has the rights to publish Transformers comics now, but continuing Divided Front has never been mentioned by them (they have mentioned finishing up other of Dreamwave's projects though).

Here was the solicitation information and some art from the rest of the series, nothing was released beyond the first issue (and a bunch of alternate covers).

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/tranjoe2/

danielmd06
07-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Just checked your link Jeff. The cover to issue #3 was spectacular. Too bad the series seems to be in trouble...

The MASS Device
07-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Aw man! That stinketh. But thanks for the heads up. At least I don't have to hold my breath, it would've been a long wait.