Snakestorm526 's Contest..... Winner announced [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Snakestorm526 's Contest..... Winner announced

snakestorm526
07-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Ok Guys I think it's my turn to give back to you guys.

First 13 posts after this.
Post your most embarassing moment involving joes and your number.
I will assign Ace-King accordingly.
When all 13 have posted I will randomly draw a card to determine the winner.

The winner gets a Razor Claw single pack. If the winner doesn't respond in 3 days I will redraw a card.

I just thought this would a fun and interesting way hear your guys's stories. Cuz I love to read them. The prize might be small for this first time, but keep coming back, they will get better.

Have fun good luck guys

code red shockwave
07-29-2005, 09:43 AM
I was playing with my mini pool table from Fisher Price(but it's gone now) and I was playing Air Hockey while using a couple of my GIJOEs as goalies. Some of my relatives came over and I didn't even realize it because I didn't hear the doorbell. They came downstairs and one of their kids asked me, "Aren't you a little too old to play with figures?" I was 13 at the time and I really felt embrassed because I would only be willing to show my friends, not relatives or strangers that I liked to play with them.

I get number one.

Skystriker
07-29-2005, 10:10 AM
I created a wrestling ring and used my joes as the wrestlers. Tomax and Xamot where tag team champs. Mercer and Sgt Slaughter had great heavy weight bouts, but Outback would always win the Royal rumbles. I was very picky at who participated in my GIWWF. I never used figures like ace,sci fi or cobra officers but I did use themed characters like shipwreck and CC made a great manager (always cheated). I had a friend that would come over ad we would take turns creating matches and wrestling with the figures (I made the ring out of ply wood drilled 4 blocks to the bottom as legs, tied rubber bands around 4 4in screws to use as ropes and used red cloth stuffed with cotton as turnbuckles). Sorry for the detail it just brings back memeories I worked really had on that ring. back to the story..My friend and I were creating matches Big Boa was fighting Croc Master, Croc Master was the champ. My friend selected to have a match between the Big Boa, Croc Master had held the belt for 19 consecutive matches a new record (sadly I kept stats of wins and loses in a notebook it was a long summer) He chose to have Big Boa win , I came out with CC and declared that Big Boa had cheated because he had a foreign object in his gloves. My friend started screaming no he didnt, its my match and I can end it any way I want and Big Boa is the champ.......the streak is over. We started to argue louder and louder at this time my sister came home with a new friend, to find her older brother with gi joes in hand fighting with another friend with joe in hand........ it seems now no big deal but when your 15 and still playing with joes it gets emabarassing when someone new and ecspecially when a girl 14 yr old girl sees you doing it. Needless to say the girl was cute, and I couldnt look her in the face for years after that incident.

I'll take number 2....

SoulcatcherX
07-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Just recently I had placed a couple of two-packs on lawaway at Wal-Mart while I was inbetween paychecks. When I went to pick them up, they could find them. :rolleyes: I waited patiently for nearly an hour and since their was only the one lady working the counter, the line behind me got increasingly longer and longer. Obviously these people were getting a bit annoyed. Eventually... they found my stuff from god knows where and brought it up to the counter where upon they opened it up to verify that those were indeed my items. One glance over my shoulder showed me quite a few bemused and a handful of glares pointed in my direction.

"This guy held us up for some toys?" :mad:

*shrug*

Guess That makes me #3.

viperlord
07-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Alrighty here goes: My 5-year-old (at the time) and I were at Toys-R-Us. I picked up 5 or 6 6-packs and he got some kind of Yu-Gi-Oh cards or something for his allowance (his choice). We got up to the checkout and the cashier smiles at him and says "Oh you must have been a good boy to get all this!" without missing a beat he says "The GI Joes are for my uncle these are mine!" and held up his little pack of cards with a big smile.

The cashier scowled at the thought that I was buying all this stuff for me and a tiny pack of cards for him. I was sooo embarrassed, even though he picked out his own toy.

racer223
07-29-2005, 11:57 AM
i was buying joes and some star wars figures at tru and the lady at the register thought they were for my kid lol
and i dont even have any
I was buying all this stuff for me
so needless to say it was quite embarrassing
and i will be #5

jetski333
07-29-2005, 07:18 PM
I was at Target buying a lot of 2-packs then the cashier said "Oh your son would be really happy w/ all the GIJoes you're getting him." I sheepishly said "These are mine ... for my collection." She just gave me a smile.

I'm # 6.

Viper Commander
07-29-2005, 07:18 PM
I thought my Cobra Army was cool and huge until I saw pics of Nomad, Violentfix, and Krym666's collections...:D Im #7

Clutch II
07-29-2005, 07:27 PM
i was bored one day while sorting out my collection when my wife came in and caught me haveing a battle on the table with them,and she said you collect em right :confused: i'm # 8 :cool:

kadarle
07-29-2005, 08:20 PM
one day i was on my way to go home from work, late night and we always have random security checks...so i had my bag checked out a couple of gijoe figures popped out and my co-workers asked "are those for your kids?"....and they know i have no kids....the security officer started to laugh...

IM # 9

NightViperOne
07-29-2005, 09:23 PM
I have two of them I think you'll enjoy. Both have to do with law enforcement.

1) I was on my way up north, to Pennsylvania (where my wife is from), because we had decided we were going to try and find work and move up there. Since I knew I wasn't coming back any time soon, and didn't know when I'd be able to get my stuff shipped up, I packed all of my Joes, a couple of Street Fighters (the big ones), a few McFarlane figures, etc, into a box and stuffed that into my old sea-bag. On top of that I placed my clothes, and various other items. When we stopped at the bus station on the border of Arkansas and Texas, a bunch of State Troopers were waiting to check the bus while we were taking a break. When they checked the lower compatment, the dogs smelled something, but apperantly it had broken or spilled or something, because they could decide between three bags. One of which, of course, was mine. They had me and the owner of the other two bags, with a group of people standing around watching, open our stuff so they could search it. The other guy ended up with drugs of some sort in his bag, but the box all of my stuff was on was wet, so to make sure we weren't working together, they made me open it up to. When I made to do so, though, the box, weak from wetness, split open spilling all of those toys out onto the driveway. Needless to say, I got off, but the humiliation was dang near unbearable. I ended up having to take everything out of my carry on and place it in my under luggage, and stuff all the toys into my carry on. To make matters worse, shortly after we got underway again, this little boy, about 5 or 6, comes up to me and asks if he could play with my toys if he promised not to break them. Couldn't you just cry? :(

2) We were returning from a 6 month deployment to the middle east, and customs decided to get a little thorough when they searched our ship for contraband. While we were in India, I had stocked up on a HUGE load of Funskool figures, and while we were in Italy, I had found a bunch of American vinatge figures there. All in all, I had about 50 MOC figures packed away in an unassigned locker, and a padlock on it. When customs came aboard and started snooping around, the Captain of the ship AND the Commander of Fifth Fleet along for the ride, they started asking who had a lock on a locker that belonged to a vacant bunk. Everyone, of course, pointed at me and said I had put the lock there, so they made me open it. Well, it's an upright locker, and we all know how well GI Joe packages stack, so what happens when, after a rough trip through the Red Sea, and another through a tropical storm riddled Atlantic, I open the locker... which is a top locker? You guessed it. About 50 GI Joe figures come pouring out of the locker, all over the floor. The Captain covered his face as 5th Fleet was looking at him trying not to laugh, and the customs officers were laughing openly. My only defense at that time was to produce my customs claims recipet, on which I had claimed "Collectibles". :p

BTW, I guess I'm #10. :D

-Jim

oLd ScHoOl ToYs
07-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Well as a kid I lived in Germany, getting joe's over there was very hard. I went over to my local toy land and found firefly v-1. Used all of my money to buy him. Later that day I was playing in the sandbox behind our housing unit and dug a hole placing him, luke sk, and some other Star wars stuff in it. I covered them up with a piece of straw to mark the treasure. As I returned a few minutes later I notice no straw. I dug for an hour then got mad, i thought the little kids that lived next door took them. I started accusing them of taking the toys and we started to fight. I remember this fight as a tie, but none the less it was a nice little brawl. Soon the MP's showed up and walked with me up to my house, told my parents what happened and I got in deep trouble. I was so depressed. After being grounded for a week I went back to the playground. And in front of my mom and all the other kids I stumbled onto this treasure while digging in the sand. It was my firefly and Star Wars toys. I felt real stupid but was so relieved to find them that I just grabbed them up and went to my room. At least it ended well.

Number 11 I hope...

Static
07-30-2005, 12:15 AM
I was a middle schooler at the time, and trying to keep an image of "I'm too old for toys and kid stuff". While at a local K-mart, I spotted a couple of G.I. Joes that I thought were awesome (one was Dusty V1). I go up to the counter to pay for them and who do I see right there in front of me, but a girl I had the biggest crush on at the time. She looked at me as if to say, "I can't believe you are buying toys." I tried to right away come up with something to say to cover up that inner yelling of "NOOOOOOO!! Why, God? Why?!" The only thing that came out toward the cashier was, "I hope my cousin likes these for his 5th birthday." I walked out immediately and my chances with her were needless to say a NIL.

b1b_wso
07-30-2005, 06:48 AM
OK, so here is my story. I was 12 or 13 and I was big time into customizing my joes. I decided that Snowjob needed to become a "battle injured joe" who sustained great damage from a White Phorsphous grenade. Well, since I didn't have any willie-pete, I used the next best thing. The kitchen stove. Well, plastic does not burn like wood does, no, it melts. And when it melts it usually catches anything in fire that it touches (since it is burning) You think I would have known that. Well, no. So here I am with a burning showjob, a burning carpet and a mom asking me what happened.
Needless to say I never did that one again.

I guess I get lucky number 13. The King of hearts is fine. (grin)

snakestorm526
08-01-2005, 08:51 PM
#9 kadarle

Please pm me with your info and I will get your prize out asap.... thanks everyone for playing and watch for my next one.... :)