Sigma Six anime [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma Six anime

rodney
07-31-2005, 12:52 PM
What ever happened to this, are they still making this? I havent heard about it in along time now? Any news would be appreciated. thanks.

Obiwanjacoby
07-31-2005, 04:21 PM
It's coming out in September. Saturday mornings on Fox.

-PJ

Blight
07-31-2005, 07:17 PM
There was a preview of this new series at the convention and everyone who saw it says its great. As a long time Anime watcher I can't wait to see this show.
There's going to be a preview next Saturday on Fox early in the morning.

Redmao
08-01-2005, 11:53 AM
I saw a very small clip last saturday announcing the promo for next saturday's previews. THis show is quite promising visualy

Static
08-01-2005, 12:16 PM
If you go to http://www.joesightings.com (http://www.joesightings.com/), you will see some information on its release.

Obiwanjacoby
08-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the link there, Static!

Has anyone got the sound to work on the trailer, yet?

That chopper flyby with Jinx & Snake-Eyes was priceless. :D Wish I could have heard it.

-PJ

Blight
08-01-2005, 08:30 PM
There's no audio for it but just from watching the animation alone I'm already in LOVE with this new show.
This series is going to be EXCELLENT!

Rotty
08-01-2005, 09:02 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I love Gonzo's character designs for the Joes! Except Tunnel Rat, who is suddenly a white man bearing a disturbing resemblence to Doc from "Back to the Future". All the rest look fantastic, especially Scarlett, Snake Eyes, and Jinx. I'm not crazy about the apparent lack of ranged weapons on military androids, but everything else is nifty. It's not "Yukikaze" quality, but that was an OAV, and this show's budget has to be spread over an entire season of episodes.

CGC
08-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Scarlett looked too anime, but everything else looked pretty good. I'm still going to reserve judgement until I've seen an episode or two. I still prefer the American styles of animation that I grew up with over the Japaneese anime style, but I will give it a chance. (Man - I sure hope it isn't like Speed Racer :p )

Liokaiser
08-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Gonzo is an anime studio what do you expect.

Well I can say I am impressed but I have seen a clip with sound and I pray to god that isn't the theme song that I heard (it sucked.) I still wait to see Baroness (and hear her too), and the rest of the Cobras.

Was stunned to see Kamakura in this though. Jynx looks great and yes I do like Scarlett's look (reminds me a little of Meg in Burst Angel, hopefully not as dangerprone damsel girl as Meg though)

I do await the first ep though. Debating if should keep an eye on the Japanese run though (hopefully doesn't end up like Tf: Armada and Micron Legend, Micron Legend's animation looked so much nicer in the Japanese run compared to Armada)

Still wish 4kids wasn't being the dubbing crew though.

Obiwanjacoby
08-16-2005, 06:32 AM
Well I can say I am impressed but I have seen a clip with sound and I pray to god that isn't the theme song that I heard (it sucked.)

I just downloaded the new preview with sound myself. Thanks to Joe Harris for the download!

Please bear in mind I have issues with S6, like Tunnel-Rat's design for example. But in my opinion, the theme song is not a problem. In fact, it ROCKS!

I know why some people don't like it though. It's pretty techno and doesn't carry any jazz bass, brass, or fife & drum like the Sunbow toon. Too bad. I don't care, I love it. To me, it's just another Joe track. Thumbs up!

-PJ