Chat Room No More? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Chat Room No More?

jabba the drunk
07-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Just wondering what the status is of the Java chat room?

I've been trying to access it over the last week or two, and continue to get the message:

"Unable to connect : com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx : cannot connect to "irc.shadowworld.net"

Is this being looked into? Or, are our chatting days pretty much finished?

Just wondering, as I found the chat room to be a great feature on Yojoe.

-Peter

Deadshot
07-31-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm still able to get into the #yojoe chat room. It gave me the unable to connect crap.. then it connected.... wierd eh?

CGC
07-31-2005, 09:01 PM
There are a few people who can no longer connect, myself incuded. I've tried irc & java, using several differant browsers, IP's, & mac addy's. I'm guessing that a range of IP addresses has been blocked, but that is just a guess. My plan is just to try once or twice a week until I can connect again... :cool:

*****edit*****

Thought I'd give 'em a shot again. This is my java error:

Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

and this is what I get when trying to go through the irc version:

You tried to access the address http://www.shadowworld.net/apirc.html, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

GBPackRat
07-31-2005, 10:03 PM
I've been having the same error message troubles for the last two weeks...

I'll just keep trying, but I would agree with CGC, I think its a range of IP's thats gettting blocked...

I connect via AOL, so my IP changes often to whatever blocks they have.

Tanner

sinnister
08-01-2005, 10:59 AM
I've also been having troubles getting in.

Obiwanjacoby
08-01-2005, 03:53 PM
I was having problems, then I used Sun Java console and got in great!

But I'm taking an online study course now, which requires regular Java. When I switched over from Sun, I could no longer connect with the YoJoe chat.

-PJ

CGC
08-01-2005, 03:59 PM
I don't know if that's all there is to it. I normally use Opera as my browser - which means Sun for Java. My other pc is running on SCO Unix, so that's Sun again. I've tried the laptop my wife uses & the mac my son uses - neither are on Sun java systems, but still hitting brick walls. With consistantly hitting walls that often - & that doesn't even touch on the irc site - I'm pretty sure that it's an IP range issue. I won't swear to it, I've always been good at overlooking the obvious, but it sure seems that way.