is it me or is yojoe a ghost town lately?? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : is it me or is yojoe a ghost town lately??

drveovru2
08-04-2005, 10:59 PM
seems kind of dead around here.. i posted something on another forum at the same time as i did this one and i had 4 replies to 1 on this one..

maybe its the time of the year... everyones on vacation

SoulcatcherX
08-04-2005, 11:22 PM
I think it's probally a combination of things. Vacationers, busy at work or just out enjoying the warmth of summer.

Then there are the people like me that do absolutely nothing except scour the board from the moment I wake up until I eventually stumble off to bed in the wee hours. :D

Cobras Toys
08-04-2005, 11:22 PM
seems kind of dead around here.. i posted something on another forum at the same time as i did this one and i had 4 replies to 1 on this one..

maybe its the time of the year... everyones on vacation

Aint that the truth

TYPE*S*TOYS
08-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I personally have spent more time on the boards in the last couple of weeks than I ever have.

Obiwanjacoby
08-05-2005, 12:32 AM
The board chatter used to have it's ups & downs parallel to whenever a new wave hit the stores. Or whenever a new retail wave was announced. Now that it's all going DTC. . .who knows? :confused:

-PJ

dukenukem1
08-05-2005, 03:33 AM
Yea every year at this time, it goes slow around here. Lately I havent been able to get anything off here, stuff wise. Nobody is selling anything good, just the new garbage. And I cant get any items off my want list. It just sucks right now.

Recondo76
08-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Yea every year at this time, it goes slow around here. Lately I havent been able to get anything off here, stuff wise. Nobody is selling anything good, just the new garbage. And I cant get any items off my want list. It just sucks right now.

I don't know if i'd go as far as to call it a "ghost town" but i definitely agree with dukenukem1...it's getting really hard to get anything vintage and it's even harder to trade for it...seems like there a lot more guys on the boards looking to make money as opposed to further their collection...
i'm lucky if i get one reply to most of my posts...i remember back in the day when i joined up you'd get 4 or 5 hits and almost always find what you needed...

i really do hope it's just an "offseason" thing...

drveovru2, which other forums are you using??

Agent Orange
08-05-2005, 12:24 PM
I don't know if i'd go as far as to call it a "ghost town" but i definitely agree with dukenukem1...it's getting really hard to get anything vintage and it's even harder to trade for it...seems like there a lot more guys on the boards looking to make money as opposed to further their collection...
i'm lucky if i get one reply to most of my posts...i remember back in the day when i joined up you'd get 4 or 5 hits and almost always find what you needed...

i really do hope it's just an "offseason" thing...

drveovru2, which other forums are you using??

I agree with Recondo.

I think a lot of people out there are just starting to hoarde up as much vintage stuff as they can, thinking it's gonna be worth more money in the future. Thus, the lack of trading.

I hate to tell those folks, but, after our generation of guys (age 20-35 or so) who are still nostalgic for 1980s toys, loses interest in collecting (and most of us eventually will, due to families, careers, changing interests, etc.), the price of GI JOE stuff is gonna plummet. It already is. Just look at EBAY. Prices peaked a few years ago, and lots of stuff is selling for less and less. No other age group than our own cares about these toys. Younger guys will not pay more in the future for them.

The best bet for everyone is to try to trade to complete your collections, because, if you think you are gonna get rich off old Joe stuff, you are gonna be sorely dissaponted.

evan511
08-05-2005, 12:59 PM
I thoughts on this are simple. Hasbro told us that the lines were being cancelled. Hasbro has done this in the past to test sales. All the collectors that were part time are now selling their collections and pulling out. Getting what they can for the stuff. Us hard core collectors are left to pay big bucks for vintage, or buy the last effort from Hasbro. I will continue to introduce the Joe hobby to my son. What he does with it who knows.
I live in WI and have done well this year finding what I need. Trades have been good for me this year. I have had luck with yard sales and flea markets also. I hope you all will get lucky yourselves.

drveovru2
08-05-2005, 05:28 PM
I agree with Recondo.

I think a lot of people out there are just starting to hoarde up as much vintage stuff as they can, thinking it's gonna be worth more money in the future. Thus, the lack of trading.

I hate to tell those folks, but, after our generation of guys (age 20-35 or so) who are still nostalgic for 1980s toys, loses interest in collecting (and most of us eventually will, due to families, careers, changing interests, etc.), the price of GI JOE stuff is gonna plummet. It already is. Just look at EBAY. Prices peaked a few years ago, and lots of stuff is selling for less and less. No other age group than our own cares about these toys. Younger guys will not pay more in the future for them.

The best bet for everyone is to try to trade to complete your collections, because, if you think you are gonna get rich off old Joe stuff, you are gonna be sorely dissaponted.

I couldnt of said it better myself...

I am lurking on joecustoms board and posting on the adctalk board

jabba the drunk
08-06-2005, 07:36 AM
One thing to factor in is that at adctalk, there is only one Gijoe forum. So, all posts/activity take place on that one section. Here on Yojoe, there are 20+ different sections for people to post in, thus spreading out the posts/activity.

So, at first glance it would appear that adctalk is getting more activity, but you have to consider that it is a single messageboard.

-Peter