R. Lee Ermey??? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : R. Lee Ermey???

Obiwanjacoby
08-09-2005, 06:29 PM
I was just wondering why the two banner ads (over here to my immediate right) promoting the R-rated R-Lee Ermy figure features starred-out profanity?

I'm a huge fan of the actor myself and love to hear him freak out just like anyone else, but doesn't this go against policy here?

-PJ

CGC
08-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Good point. Rules should extend to sponsers,

Clutch II
08-09-2005, 07:21 PM
more to the point does he have permission to use the actor's likeness?if not this could be trouble for him and this site.

CGC
08-09-2005, 07:39 PM
more to the point does he have permission to use the actor's likeness?if not this could be trouble for him and this site.

I would think so. If they made an action figure based on his likeness & carrying his name, there's a pretty good chance he's getting a pice of the pie. I doubt that there are any surprises there.

thunt4
08-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Although i do agree with what was said you guys have to realize its those sponsors that keep the boards going strong.

Clutch II
08-09-2005, 11:59 PM
I would think so. If they made an action figure based on his likeness & carrying his name, there's a pretty good chance he's getting a pice of the pie. I doubt that there are any surprises there.

are you sure cause i remember somewhere where a big toy company wanted to do something like this and he said no,furthermore this is not a big toy company but a small operation,also there is a differance from using a likeness of a toy to using the actually likeness of the person himself in advertising.

joebahama
08-10-2005, 01:13 AM
are you sure cause i remember somewhere where a big toy company wanted to do something like this and he said no,furthermore this is not a big toy company but a small operation,also there is a differance from using a likeness of a toy to using the actually likeness of the person himself in advertising.

Actually there was a episode in season two of the Mail Call show that is on the History channel where Ermey actually had what appeared to be that exact doll in a scene riding in his jeep. So I guess I would say he must have agreed to its being made.

Clutch II
08-10-2005, 01:32 AM
well i hope that is the case, or Ermey will get on their case ;)

BIGFAN
08-10-2005, 01:40 AM
while i dont see what you are referencing i think this post and the other one about the same topic are just plain silly.

the banner ads are approved by action online.

the boards are modded by those chosen to do so.

they are 2 seperate entities with no correlation in the rules. banner ads are what pay for the site. action online approves the ones they put up. the mods and admin at yojoe handle the subject matter and content of the boards. not the banner ads.

comments that certain people have made are flamatory and not necessary.

if action deems an ad ok then thats that. the ads are not under the control of the mods and admin at yojoe.

im sure this will be brought up to action online but calling yojoe hypocritical for something like this is a joke fellas.

topic closed