Yojoe Chat! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Yojoe Chat!

dukenukem1
08-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Im in here every night just about with Deadshot if anyone ever wants to come in. Im in there right now: 10:45 PM EST.

CGC
08-16-2005, 09:58 PM
I just tried both the IRC & Java sites. It's been over a month since I've been able to connect to either, there are a few others who also can't connect anymore. My guess is that a block of IP addresses were blocked at some point. Oh well, I'll try again in a couple weeks. ;)

MacDowin
08-18-2005, 08:24 PM
To my knowledge we have not blocked anyones IPs. Anyone whould still be able to log in.

--
Devon

CGC
08-20-2005, 11:33 PM
I tried the java site again, this is the timeout error I get:

Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

When I try connecting through mirc, this site:
http://irc.shadowworld.net/
It hangs for close to a minute, then gives me this odd graphic:

http://irc.shadowworld.net/digivill/filburt.jpg

I am out of practice, it's been a few years since I've done much computer work, but I've tried different irc programs, reinstalled the java software, used different browsers, changed both my IP & mac addresses, used different machines, & different OS's, dropped firewalls altogether and I'm still not getting anywhere. I think the last time I connected was around the 20th of July. I think there are, or at least were, other board members who were no longer able to connect, but I don't know what they have tried or if they've resolved things by now. Any suggestions?

sinnister
08-20-2005, 11:40 PM
I've been having issues as well man. I havent been able to connect from here at work on dialup or at home on cable for over a month. I get that same unable to connect message as you.

MacDowin
08-21-2005, 02:39 AM
I just tried connecting both way and I was able to connect just fine. I don't know what is going on. Have either of you installed new software on your computers or network? One thing you can try is turning off your virus software or firewall and then try and conect. Might just be firewall is too sensitive. I know when I am at school, the schools firewall will not let me connect to IRC at all.

--
Devon

Clutch II
08-21-2005, 03:15 AM
actually i've had problems logging in lately too and i've been in there a few times.

CGC
08-23-2005, 11:30 PM
No new software. Knocked out the av, too, but still no luck. Not that it should matter, since I've tried connecting with both disabled, but I use Norton for my av & my personal firewall. I also run ms Proxy server on a physical firewall, but this hasn't even gotten a service pack since '01, so there haven't been any changes there since the middle of last month (and then some). I think I'll sit it out awhile. Sometimes an idea will come to you once you've decided it doesn't matter, other times, oddball quirks tend to resolve themselves. I'll give it some time, I don't have too much to add to realtime chat anyway ;) .

CGC
01-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Just picked up a new system last week, 6G processor w/ 2G of ram, nice! Anyway, I still can't connect to either chat system. I've even bypassed the routers & plugged the cable directly into my pc, everything else is great, but there seems to be no way to connect to the YoJoe chatroom.

RedClaw
01-09-2006, 12:30 PM
If you, or anyone really, is having chatroom problems, please contact me and we will work out your situation to ensure that everyone can get to the chatroom!

I'm sorry that you're having this problem CGC, and I'll get it straightend out for you ASAP.

CGC
01-09-2006, 08:56 PM
RedClaw - the last time I was able to connect either way was around July 20th. I don't know if that'll help at all, but maybe something was adjusted around that time that's preventing some connections. There were other YoJoers who had the same problem at the same time, but I don't remember who they were. I think there was another thread on it at the time.

RedClaw
01-09-2006, 09:06 PM
I am having the same issue connecting to the JavaChat. I will be looking into this right away and hopefully have a resolution or replacement chat system very shortly.

My sincere apologies for the denial of service.

CGC
02-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Still no go. I tried both the IRC & Java sites again - same results. I can rule out platform & browser. IP doesn't seem to be the issue, either. It might be an ISP snag. Does anybody else who has had problems connecting have a cable connection?

CGC
02-28-2006, 12:57 AM
I looked at their help option, & this page does address that specific error:
http://www.pjirc.com/help.php?p=0&faq_id=31
(part of the message relating to this error )

This particular message is telling you that the IRCD is refusing your connection, or else you are unable to connect to it.
Gosh, do I feel dumb...:rolleyes:
That hadn't occured to me

CGC
05-10-2006, 11:35 PM
It finally worked, this is the first time since last summer that I've managed to get in.

Of course, there's nobody there right now... :rolleyes:

Deadshot
05-13-2006, 09:01 PM
ok I'm about to go park my butt in the chat... so some one come on in and talk darnit !!!

Deadshot
05-13-2006, 09:27 PM
allright now i'm not in chat. maybe another night

Deadshot
05-20-2006, 09:34 PM
looks like tonight is the other night
I may not respond super quick so give me a chance... I"m going through the pages here too.

crimsonhawk
05-20-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm there too...wow. It's amazing actually having someone else in the chat room. :p