82/83 Zap Backpack Variation? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 82/83 Zap Backpack Variation?

AVAC
08-23-2005, 12:24 AM
I have three different Zap figures (two are 1982, one is 1983) and all three have different variations in the backpack. In the picture backpacks 1 and 3 are from the 1982 figures, backpack 2 is from the 1983 figure. I have had these guys from day one and are all U.S. bought. The front shot shows backpacks 1 and 2 being pretty much the same, but backpack 3 has slightly thinner bombs and in the lower right hand corner there is a piece not molded in (it isn't there) unlike the other two. It is smooth so I don't believe it to be a factory mistake. On the back of the backpacks all three have different size pegs. Also, two have a number on them (I am guessing a factory code) and one has no markings but all are different from each other. I suppose it is possible that there will be slight differences in the mold when they were produced but I think this is a bit more than a slight variation. At any rate I would like some other opinions on this. Thanks for the input.

nova
08-23-2005, 07:50 AM
with 3 variations on his bazooka I find it totaly plausable that there are 3 variations on the backpack as well....good eye.

thewyseone
08-28-2005, 06:08 PM
i got 2 BP's for Zap.one is like 1 and the other is like 3.dunno whats up with that.:confused:

Master of disguise
08-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Is it the same for Short-Fuze backpack?