Devil's Due - Incompetency? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Devil's Due - Incompetency?

Dreadnok4life
08-24-2005, 07:29 PM
For whatever reason, none of the comic book stores in my area carry Devil's Due product. Consequently I have to purchase the Joe books online. I ordered several issues from their online store about three weeks ago. And I never received them. I e-mailed them a few days ago to inquire about the order and still haven't received a response. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

I have successfully purchased items from them in the past. But on other occasions I have had the same difficulties. I'm just curious to see if my bad experiences are just flukes, or a pattern of incompetency.

qeelocke
08-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey Dreadnok4-

Check your PM.

-Sam

danyanda
08-24-2005, 11:32 PM
I thought you were talking about the writing :(

SharpShot
08-25-2005, 09:15 AM
I have had several "mix-ups" with my orders but nothing that wasn't promptly corrected by their staff.

I guess it has happened more often that I would like, but everything has worked out, so I really have nothing to complain about.

Dynamic Forces is an entirely different story though...

Dreadnok4life
08-27-2005, 02:17 AM
Finally received my order today. Sort of wish I hadn't. Can't believe they killed off Lady Jaye. What a crock.

whakojacko
09-01-2005, 07:41 PM
I thought you were talking about the writing :(I thought he meant DD's choice of an artist for America's Elite :(

Bleak5170
09-02-2005, 02:23 PM
For whatever reason, none of the comic book stores in my area carry Devil's Due product.

Well there was that whole issue with DD and their print-to-order policy. That may have scared some retailers away from carrying their product.

Beach Head
09-07-2005, 05:55 AM
I'm glad I stopped collecting their comic years ago. My Joeverse would never be like the crap they put out. Still love the more serious Marvel series.

Dreadnok4life
09-14-2005, 02:52 AM
Well there was that whole issue with DD and their print-to-order policy. That may have scared some retailers away from carrying their product.

The closest, and really only, comic book shop in my area stopped carrying Devil's Due a few issues into the Reloaded series. But really none of the titles were selling.

Bleak5170
09-14-2005, 05:48 AM
The closest, and really only, comic book shop in my area stopped carrying Devil's Due a few issues into the Reloaded series. But really none of the titles were selling.

In all honesty, i don't think we'll be seeing America's Elite around for much longer either.

Mr.MojoRisin
09-16-2005, 06:28 PM
They seriously need to get it together before it's too late.

dmooretoys
09-17-2005, 10:01 PM
I personally have never had a problem with Devil's Due. In fact, I emailed them asking about something I was interested in once and one of their staff members actually sent me some items for free!

Dan

skinny
09-18-2005, 11:16 AM
I agree I think the art runs rings around the old marvel series with the exception of the Andrew Wildman issues. I was at the con and Casey wants to take the comic in a new direction when he mentioned "CSI realism" some supported him but most wanted to keep it tame for their kids. I email every ish with a comment to the positive and to the critical my last email was about uniforms. I even got printed once, and my name showed up several times on the letters page. I think they are doing a bang up job, remember they don't have the clout of Marvel or DC

Dreadnok4life
09-24-2005, 03:35 AM
I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm older and I don't really read comics anymore. It could be me. But I just don't enjoy DD's take on Joe. Honestly it feels like a chore to buy it from DD's website store, wait God knows how long for it to show up, and then read it. Then after taking maybe ten minutes to read the thing, I always feel that something was missing. I never feel that "Wow that was cool, can't wait for the next one" feeling. I remember during the Marvel years I would know the exact date the next issue was coming out. Now several months go by before I remember to go to the DD site and buy the issues I missed. But like I said.. it could just be me.

Beach Head
09-26-2005, 12:51 AM
The DD comics are too cartoony for me and a lot of the history didn't even match up well with The Marvel series. Its horrible. I remember in the first few issues when they portrayed Zartan being afraid of Storm Shadow and being easily defeated by him. No way Zartan acted like that in the Marvel series. DD has also ruined Beach Head by making him the loud mouth smelly charcacter that he was in the cartoon instead of the badass that he was in the Marvel comics. Ughh I hate the DD coimcs.