View Full Version : If,i build a timemachine & gave everybody a free ride

vint-fig13
08-24-2005, 10:03 PM
i was thinking,

if i build a timemachine and i would give everybody a chance to go anywhere you want to go,but you can only go to 1 place and stay at that era(time)for 5hrs!
before taking a free ride on my timemachine,you cannot take no valuables or money or jewelry,just you and your shirt and pants and shoes!
but
i will give you a empty shoe box and tell you,you can fill it up w/anything you want to bring back,when the 5 hrs are over!

now!what i wanna know,
1st)..where would you go
2nd)..why there!
2nd)..what would you bring back from the past or future?

ty's vint-fig
"sorry for my grammer"

Clutch II
08-24-2005, 10:11 PM
to do such a thing could alter our history as we know it without bringing or taking any physical object,as it goes information is the key.

anyway to answer your question i would go back to a day before my mother sold my entire G.I.Joe collection and tell her she beter not even think about it. ;)

and that includes my transformers too :cool:

sinnister
08-24-2005, 11:25 PM
I would go back sometime in the middle ages. I love that period of history. I'm unsure what I would bring back...if I even made it back to the time machine! :D

danyanda
08-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Ever seen or read Michael Crichton's "Timeline".

Sinn could get whacked, but my guess is he's good with a sword.

I have no idea when I would go to.

Druss
08-25-2005, 07:38 AM
I would have to think on the time, most likely some major historical event that was never recorded. Obviously something like the crucifaction of Jesus would be a good choice but historians can't agree when it happened so it would suck to go back and watch a empty road for 5 hours.

I always think it would be great to go back to 1938 at a newstand and buy up all the copies of Action Comics #1 I see, or buy lots of Topps 1952 Baseball cards but you have to wonder what even small things like that would change.

How would you know that a certain copy of Action #1 would only get read once and thrown away and not cause any major changes? With my luck I would buy a copy that is intended for a young man who after reading the story ends up going on to do great things in WW2 inspired by Superman and as a result never joins and we lose the war, etc, etc.

danielmd06
08-25-2005, 07:47 AM
I don't know. I'm really intereseted in both ancient and military history so it's difficult to select just one time for 5 hours.

I'd probably go with Ancient Egypt - so I can watch the Great Pyramids and Sphinx being built. Buuuut...I want to see the Tower of Babel, visit the Library of Alexandria before it burns, see the birth of Christ and the Sermon on the Mount, live in feudal Japan, live in the Middle Ages, live on a native island in the South Pacific, watch the Vikings discover America, see the Declaration of Independence get signed,...you guys get the idea. :D

CGC
08-25-2005, 09:26 AM
The battle of Agincourt. It's just hard to believe how an army that ridiculously outnumbered could win. I'd like to see that.

And, the movie Timeline was pretty good, but it's not even close to the book.

gutstheberserker
08-25-2005, 10:08 AM
I'd go back to 1937 NY, NY and fill my shoebox up with Action Comics #1.

statesofeuphoria
08-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Druss and Guts hit it on the head for me. I'd fill that shoebox up with Action #1, or wait a year or so and get Detective #27. Or go to the late 70's rob a bank and buy a ton of Apple/ IBM/Microsoft stock, hide out for a few hours and poof i'm back in the present.

sinnister
08-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Ever seen or read Michael Crichton's "Timeline".

Sinn could get whacked, but my guess is he's good with a sword.

I have no idea when I would go to.

I've seen the movie...within the last month actually. I didnt think it would be any good but I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm decent with a sword...not as good as people who lived during that time I'm sure! I'm better with a bow.