How many people have the variant Cobra WOLF? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : How many people have the variant Cobra WOLF?

dockingbay97
08-25-2005, 08:01 PM
How many people have the variant Cobra WOLF?

I was just wondering because I honestly didn't even know about this piece until a couple of years ago. I don't know how this escaped my notice for so many years.

I hardly ever see one for sale and finally got one for cheap ($20).

Here is a picture of mine:

http://www.geocities.com/dockingbay97/wolf0825.jpg

drveovru2
08-25-2005, 08:29 PM
I have one, mint! I am missing one of the sled rockets, i got it off of ebay from a member here for 30 shipped.

I remeber it so distinctly because the guy didnt want to ship it because it went for less than he wanted. I will refrain from finger pointingsince it is over.

The Faceless Master
08-25-2005, 08:35 PM
WOW, first time i ever heard of this one!!

was this a mail-away exclusive?? :confused:

dockingbay97
08-25-2005, 08:42 PM
WOW, first time i ever heard of this one!!

was this a mail-away exclusive?? :confused:

That is my understanding.

I am glad I wasn't the only one that this snuck up on.

CGC
08-25-2005, 09:01 PM
I just found out about it recently (maybe a week or 2 ago?), looking through the Vehicle Variation Archive (http://www.yojoe.com/action/variations/varveh.shtml), funny timing. But, unfortunately, this is one I haven't gotten yet. :(

Deadshot
08-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Well I have one.. its in terrible shape and very incomplete... so I'm in the midst of rebuilding it.

KrymsynGardImmoral
08-25-2005, 09:58 PM
I have an unused one listed in my Ebay store that is probably wayyyy overpriced since it has been sitting there for over a year :)

joeboy75
08-25-2005, 10:10 PM
This is a peice I'm pretty proud of. I think I spent a little too much for it but it doesn't matter as it's a variant I really like. The only bad part is that I dont' have any Ice Vipers to man it. It just doesn't feel complete without them.

GBPackRat
08-26-2005, 12:25 PM
I've been looking for one off and on for about a year now, but can't seem to snag one in the $20 - $30 price range.

They seem to push the upper 30's if not in the 40's on price right now.

Tanner

danyanda
08-26-2005, 11:33 PM
I would love to get one. Aside from being a cool vehicle the WOLF has a very special place in my childhood memories. I recently got a boxed one, and adding the variant would be great.

On another note, the pics on the back of the box show some variations from the actual toy that was released. The skis connect completely differently.

thunt4
08-26-2005, 11:54 PM
These used to be actually very easy to find then all of the sudden they turned scarce for some reason. I used to have 10 I think and sold most of them. I used to buy them sealed for $20. For some strange reason they seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth.

JOESRULE
02-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Just found this from way in the past (2005). Lets see how times have changed on this one. I have one sealed in baggie. Please vote or comment if this version are truley rare or not. I just never see them anymore. What do you guys think?

Lt. Night Viper
02-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Just found this from way in the past (2005). Lets see how times have changed on this one. I have one sealed in baggie. Please vote or comment if this version are truley rare or not. I just never see them anymore. What do you guys think?

I'm jealous, I wouldn't mind having one sealed in a sealed bag :)

I voted yes, as I have two of them. I think they're on the rare side, as I haven't noticed too many for sale.

StkhlmDK
02-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Had to vote no :-(
I would love to get one for my other 8 regular ones, even have a Arctic Moth Ice-Viper to use for it ;-)

Lt. Night Viper
02-28-2012, 04:05 PM
I would love to get one for my other 8 regular ones, even have a Arctic Moth Ice-Viper to use for it ;-)

8 Wolves!? I thought I was nuts for having 4 :)

I have an Arctic Moth Ice Viper to serve as the unit commander for my squadron. He's a pretty cool figure. Still need a few more white Ice Vipers to fill the seats of my Wolf Pack though......

StkhlmDK
02-29-2012, 12:57 AM
Yeah, it kinda got out of hand but I am also downsizing now to fit with crew members ;-) I have 5 nice white Ice-Vipers and just missing 3 loose Sai's to complete them.

cageyJG
02-29-2012, 11:37 AM
YOJOE.COM | Cobra WOLF [Winter Operational Light Fighting Vehicle] (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/91/wolf/wolf_front.shtml) (links to variant)

Was not aware of the black missile rack/ski torpedoes. The Wolf is my favorite arctic combat vehicle. The asymmetry of it, and its "upstairs/downstairs" positions are really cool. If it could be retooled, I would carve out a hatch and a seat from the right rear for 1 (possibly 2) extra passenger(s). Definitely no plans for me to take on that project anytime soon, not so much a fan of cutting.

Net-Viper X
02-29-2012, 06:07 PM
I never got any of the mail order variants from Hasbro Direct. Those only came about when they ran out of original overstock and had to make a second production run, so since I always bought a batch of vehicles the instant they hit the special offer pamplets mine always were identicle to the store bought version.

As a kid I was glad for that because I wanted my stuff to match and thought it was really goofy that a snow vehicle had black panels all over it when it should be solid white. Now I wish I would have ordered more vehicles later in the year so I could have gotten all those variants without having to eBay them.

Tolan
02-29-2012, 06:31 PM
I never got any of the mail order variants from Hasbro Direct.Those only came about when they ran out of original overstock and had to make a second production run, so since I always bought a batch of vehicles the instant they hit the special offer pamphlets mine always were identical to the store bought version.

If you ordered anything from those special offer pamphlets, you ordered from Hasbro Direct. Depending on the year the Hasbro Direct variant, they tended to be non-US market overstock.

Falcone
03-01-2012, 12:40 AM
I've never seen one of these. It does look pretty nice too.

'86 Digital Fire
03-07-2012, 07:24 AM
I got the variant version as a mailaway because the WOLF was already gone from stores when I got into Joes. I was super happy to get one but annoyed at the changed colors, since the original looks better, specifically the missile box. On the other hand, I wouldn't have had a WOLF at all otherwise. :o And hey, rare collectible. Who's got one? I've got one. :D

StkhlmDK
03-07-2012, 07:28 AM
He-he, nice story :) If you ever want an original one let me know and I will happily trade one for that Mail-In ;)

Lightning LA
05-25-2012, 01:41 AM
Just found this Thread...I have one Mint in the Sealed Bag,I bought it off of E-bay a Year or so ago for I think around $70.Two times so far I've thought about opening it to put it together,but I just can't bring myself to it...I also remember the seller I bought it from had a Mail-Away Whale to,I bid up to around $160 for it.But it sold for right at $200...

StkhlmDK
05-25-2012, 02:02 AM
Wow, wish I could find a deal like that :D I have 7 ordinary Wolf´s but missing that one "special" one for my Moth Arctic Ice-Viper.