View Full Version : whoz an expert on vintage master of the universe(need some help)

vint-fig13
08-27-2005, 11:14 AM
hello everybody,

well i just came from a local flea market and this lady had a huge crap lot of master of the universe..on some they where dated 1983 thru 1985.
im not a expert or no-anything about what they are valued at or whats rare or hard to find!
she wanted $1 each figure..no accessories..figure's where in excellent condition.

i know she had several diff. he-man and she-ra and 3 different comes & skeletor if you hit skeletors chest,it turns into like it has been damage(hope you understand what im talking about)!
she had castles and vehicles!

so for those who are an expert on master of the universe,what do i look for?
whats rare?
whats hard to get/find?
is it worth it to buy thyem at $1 a piece?

ty's in advanced for your help
vint-fig

Icebreaker
08-27-2005, 01:28 PM
For $1/each, I don't think you can go wrong, even without accessories.

I wonder if She-ra figures are more rare, though. Same with Teela and Evil-lyn. Being a "boys" toy, and all....

I sold off my old-school MOTU, basically for a Rolling Thunder. But the half-wit lady that owned the store I sold them to, was easily able to sell all my stuff. Loose figures, cheapest was like $5, Castles went for around $30. Most were incomplete, too.

For $1 each, why not? Maybe, buy everything and see if the price will drop per figure, too. Flea Market afterall.

Ricky Boggs
08-29-2005, 08:27 AM
if you send me a pic, I can tell you more about what you have. She-ra has quite a few rare figures but probably not any that you got for a dollar. For the most part, the high end collectors have the hard to find ones because they weren't made in the US.

$1 each isn't bad no matter what you got but unless they are complete, that's about all they are worth right now. MOTU has bottomed out in prices, even on ebay. I say it will kick back up in a month or two (around Christmas) because it still has a large fan base.

action-figures.ca
08-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Keep an eye out for the movie and final series of figures from 1987. Check them out here:

http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/toys/html/collector_guides/motu_class/cg_motucl_i.shtml

vint-fig13
08-29-2005, 12:13 PM
ty's everybody for the info.

chad,ill keep an eye out.ill be hitting the f.market on saturday morning and ill see what she has from 1987.she had a mid size box full of master of the un.figures.
and she also had older/newer transformers..which i bought the older transformers for 25cents-$1.00 each

she also had some smaller 84-89 g.i.joe vehicles.but missing a couple of parts or broken parts.

Keep an eye out for the movie and final series of figures from 1987. Check them out here:

http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/toys/html/collector_guides/motu_class/cg_motucl_i.shtml