Sigma 6 Poll [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma 6 Poll

Clutch II
08-27-2005, 04:18 PM
well heres a poll for the new Sigma 6 show.

The MASS Device
08-27-2005, 04:46 PM
I just got done watching it. It had its good points and its bad points, but overall, I liked it.

Good points:

Lots of Action w/ Good Explosions
Decent voice acting (the Baroness was my favorite)
Storm Shadow looks cool
The RHINO is sweet, as well as the Ice Sabre and the Mechs
Comic Relief -- Tunnel Rat and Heavy Duty make a good odd couple
Snake Eyes
Duke is less annoying than anticipated

Bad points:

BATS, BATS, BATS -- I hate battles against nothing but androids
Scarlett has been almost completely re-designed

More good than bad for me. I'll definitely be watching this series. Probably recording it too.

FirstSergeantDuke
08-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Well i know this is for KIDS but so was the 1980's GIJOE and the dialogue back then was way better.

It does make up for it's awesome animation but I was hoping the story and dialogue and the character develpoment would be up to par with the new Justice League cartoons.

It is still better than all the new Transformers series.

But it does not have that "special something" the 80's Joes had.

Liokaiser
08-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Me I enjoyed it, only thing I hated, THAT HORRIBLE THEME SONG, god just line that 4kids band up and mow them down with rifle fire, then do a instrumental and throw in an YO JOE at the end and it would be good.

Baroness I thought was the best voice in the whole thing, 2nd, No voice Snake-eyes, thank god for that (knowing 4kids rep, they woulda put a voice on him)

I didn't mind the bats, heck if they had troops in, they woulda did like they did to one piece, the guns would be edited into squirt guns or something else and woulda heard a stupid line like in the dumb show known as DBZ dub, *helicopter blows up* "They're okay I see their parachutes." (none in sight, they got blows the heck up) Not to mention the all the editing for blood. So the bats I don't mind at all we can see them getting mangled.

I did enjoy seeing the Valor vs Venom Vehicles in this, The Mechs looked perfect for this series. (I thought the Cobra mech was one of those BAATs at first.)

So me, I enjoyed it, only thing hated was the them and what will hate is if they put it on at a time where I can't watch it. (8 in the morning, put it in Shaman King's slot)

Oh yeah, can I say, I feel bad for any ladies Tunnel Rat smootches XP

MikePrime
08-27-2005, 09:16 PM
I did not like Sigma 6. The show is goofy, it had a terrible theme song, and is just plain wrong. I hope kids buy the toys, but they should not watch this show.

Obiwanjacoby
08-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Okay, I loved it. Totally loved it. Wife and I both had a blast. Scarlett is her fave character, and (since she's also into anime) she thinks Scarlett is improved. She even has a southern accent!

Some nitpicks though. . .

- While the B.A.T.s were awesome cannon fodder, I too hope they don't become the standard "Vipers" that the Baroness was referring to (BTW, she was "hawt"!). But she gives a command to "Vipers". . .I expect to see a human being, and then we see more B.A.T.s, :rolleyes:

- Two words: Ninja B.A.T.s! But at the same time they're starting to become a guilty pleasure, I may learn to relax & accept them in the end due to my irrational love for ninjas and B.A.T.s

- PJ

Richard J.
08-28-2005, 03:46 AM
I'm going to watch and watch. I liked it and definately plan to keep watching. There were some problems, but I think they might improve as time goes on.

If anyone cares to, I have a long post on it here:

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=28719&page=2

And PJ, your wife is a very smart lady. This Scarlett is much better than the previous versions. When my sister and I watched, we both loved that Scarlett now has a southern accent. She actually sounds like she's from Georgia.

And I should know. I was born in Georgia. I still live in Georgia.

And yes, the Baroness is "hawt."

From the numbers so far on the poll, looks like Sigma Six is, at least for us here, a success.

Richard J.

Angry Beef
08-28-2005, 04:16 AM
I enjoyed it.

My only problem with it was my same problem with the Spytroops movie. There was no sense that this took place in the "real world". Like in Spy Trooops where GI JOE and Cobra both lived in the same arid valley and their war seemed as if it were in a vacuum.

In VvsV movie we saw the Joes out in the world with civilians and everything... I hope that we get to see the Joes and Cobra interact in the regular world.

Did anyone notice that Zartan and the Dreadnoks appear in the credits. That was hopeful.

Blight
08-28-2005, 05:35 AM
Best animated version of G.I. Joe that ever was. Sunbow just took second place.

FirstSergeantDuke
08-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Okay I watched it again, but this time I watched it after watching the original classic 1980's "Revenge of Cobra".

And Sigma 6 is growing on me. Maybe a few more eps then I would really like it.

The animation is just soo good compared to the 84 GIJOE.

But the Voice acting does suck compare to the original ones.

The voices itself were better in the original.

And just the way the story and dialouge flows in the original, it has so much going on.

Besides the animation, Sigma 6 action sequence is very good comapred to the original.

Sigma 6 does have Storm Shadow vs. Snake Eyes. That never happened in the original series. Storm Shadow's arch enemy was Spirit in the original and sometimes fights Quick Kick also. But no Snake Eyes fight unless you count the opening theme of Revenge of Cobra where Snake Eyes on a Falcon Glider kicks Storm Shadow in the back.

But after watching them back to back original vs. new....i'm beginning to like Sigma 6.