View Full Version : A big test for me on Tuesday...

danielmd06
08-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Guys,

As some of you have probably realized, I'm a fourth year medical student. On August 30 (Tuesday) I take a big test called the USMLE Step 2. It's from 9:00 in the morning to 6:00 in the afternoon. Four hundred questions long. Basically it's the second (of three) major tests med students take to get licensed for the practice of medicine in the United States.

I'm studied up, but was feeling stressed and just wanted to share with you guys here on the boards. If you don't mind, please keep me in your thoughts for the next couple of days. I would be very grateful.

Thanks gents.

--Daniel

vettfanatic
08-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey good luck Daniel. I'm sure you'll do just fine. So just what kind of docter are you studying to be?

orionlukteel
08-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Good luck, Doc. :D

No, really.

I just had to take an eight hour exam in April (one test, not three) to get my engineering license and it wiped me out. I passed, though I have no idea how.

Get some rest and show 'em who's boss!

MTFBWY! :D

GBPackRat
08-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Makes my 2 - 3 hour midterm and finals I took at the UW seem like nothing.

Good luck!

Tanner

whitedalek
08-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Good luck, sawbones! :)

Richard J.
08-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Good luck! Use the stress to keep yourself focused but don't panic. If your mind goes blank, just take a few breaths and trust your instincts!

Your subconscious remembers everything. Just divert your thoughts for a few seconds and it'll probably come back to you.

We're all rooting for you!

Richard J.

gutstheberserker
08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Don't worry Daniel you'll do fine. I'll never forget what a friend of mine told me as I was going into finals. I hadn't prepared sufficiently and as we started walking up the stairs to the classroom, I told him I was worried. He turned to me and said "This is what we do." I looked at him perplexed and he continued: "Some people can play the piano, some can play football or basketball, but this is what we do well -- we take tests and we're really good at it." Sure enough, I went in and did really well on it. You'll do the same. :D

sinnister
08-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Good luck Dan...you will do fine I'm sure. :cool:

Deadshot
08-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Good luck Dan. Remember your first answer is usually the right one.. don't second guess yourself.

jetski333
08-30-2005, 05:46 AM
Heheh ... what I'm saying is, I know you will pass this 2nd part & trust me by the time you get to the oral exam (3rd part) this will be very long gone from your memory =) ... with that said, good luck doc! Here's to seeing you in the wards!

danielmd06
08-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks for all the support guys. I really, really apprectiate it.

My test wound up being postponed due to the hurricane. I will reschedule it as soon as the phone lines clear and I can contact the National Board of Medical Examiners. I'm hoping to be taking it this coming Tuesday and I'll try keep everybody posted.

The Jackson area has been a mess without power since the storm - and my neighborhood got off relatively easy compared to others. I am sure that the news images of Biloxi, Gulfport, and New Orleans speak for themselves. That being said, it's up to those of us here who've managed to get back on our feet quickly to help those who haven't. This means I'll be working around the clock at the University hospital for the next few days, and may not be able to check back in with everybody until after I take my test.

Just checking back in to let you guys know what's up.

Thanks for the kind words!

danielmd06
09-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks again for all of the kind words and subsequent emails that some of you guys have thoughtfully sent me.

I took the USMLE Step 2 test on Wednesday, September 21, and should hear pass/fail results in 6-8 weeks. Do not ask me why it still takes 6-8 weeks when the test is taken by computer - comparative grading, I guess.

It took me just under nine hours to finish, but I still feel good about the test. When my score comes in, I'll let you guys know how it went.

Thanks once more.

danielmd06
10-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Hello everyone. I got my USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge test results back this afternoon, and I passed with flying colors!

I'd like to again thank all of you guys again for the encouragement.

The Faceless Master
10-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Fantastic news Doc!! CONGRATS!!! :D:D:D

orionlukteel
10-15-2005, 09:37 PM
WOOOOT!
Nicely done!
Congratulations and best of luck on the next one!

sinnister
10-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Congrats Dan! Wasnt a doubt in my mind.