19 dollers postage for 1 full card back!!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 19 dollers postage for 1 full card back!!!

skyline
08-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Just won a superhero full card back of off e-bay and the seller has just sent me an invoice stating that postage to the UK IS $18.85 and thats not even including insurance, my new 2005 night ops humvee cost less then that from the Usa and a carton of 8 of the new dtc figures was cheaper then that also, well any way I have e-mailed him asking if he is kidding so I will let you know, but Im just letting you people know what we in the UK have to put up with.

Druss
08-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Can you let us know the seller as well? Nice to avoid those who try and pull this sort of thing.

Also what kind of price did the item sell for? Maybe he's trying to make up for it being a lot cheaper than he expected.

skyline
08-29-2005, 01:32 PM
the item only sold for $1.75 I am not going to name him just yet as he might come through, but I did some working out and I could send over 112 full cardbacks to the USA for the same amount he is trying to charge me for 1.

Druss
08-29-2005, 02:26 PM
I betcha he's not happy with the price it closed at. Superman is a harder to find foreign figure so for a full card back of him to go so cheap probably didn't make him very pleased.

skyline
08-29-2005, 02:40 PM
yeah I know but he should not of started it so cheap then, it sold for that much fair and square so he should not try to rip me off. it would not cost any more then 3 or 4 dollers to post this item to me.

skyline
08-29-2005, 03:05 PM
see I thought he would sort it it was just an honest mistake, all sorted and Im happy thanks.

Druss
08-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Great to hear! Was it just a mistake on his part or possible because he was called on it he backed off?

Either way great to hear you don't have to deal with the hassle of trying to get scammed in such a manner.

ttfndude
08-30-2005, 05:15 PM
I am an ebay seller but buy from time to time when I see a joe I want.I was charged 15 dollars for shipping that took 17 days to get and came broken. When I saw the shipping amount I assumed priority mail well packaged I got a recycled box with two sheets of newspaper to protect two vehicles sent snail shipmetn book rate or something. When my items do not sell what I was hoping for I do not take it out on the buyer because there are odd things that sell higher than I thought that make up for it. It's not right to pad shipping!!

Darko
08-30-2005, 09:30 PM
I had someone try to pull the ol' "make up for low ending price with shipping" trick on me. I won a vehicle lot with a Night Boomer, Night Ray, and Night Striker for $35. Needless to say, this was much, much, much less than even one of those vehicles should have gone for, and much less than the seller was expecting. So he tried to charge me $90 for shipping. I said no way, and then pointed out that he had written "SELLER pays all shipping costs" in his item description. It was very obviously a typo and normally I wouldn't have been a jerk about it, but I also wasn't about to pay $90 shipping for three vehicles that should ship for about $20 or so. So I wrote him back, pointed his typo out, and then said I would be more than willing to pay a fair amount. He backed down swiftly.

*looks up at Night Boomer hanging from ceiling*

Yep, everything worked out a-ok!

bluebikerboy1
08-31-2005, 10:55 PM
if shipping isnt in auction discription i dont bid on it.