dead joes [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : dead joes

cutter27
08-29-2005, 05:55 PM
can anybody give me a complete list of joes who have died in the craptastic exercise in suckitude that is the devils due run?

Crossfire
08-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Check out this page, it may have what u are looking for.

http://gamer04.fateback.com/rip.html

cutter27
08-29-2005, 08:46 PM
that's exactly what i needed! :)

thanks!

Bleak5170
08-30-2005, 09:47 AM
that's exactly what i needed! :)

thanks!

Please note that Breaker (Issue #109), is missing from that list though.

zartanspal
08-30-2005, 11:20 AM
I saw on the list that there were multiple deaths from Joe and Cobra in the same issue. What exactly happened that caused those casualties?

KolobosRexx
08-30-2005, 02:29 PM
WAR!! A lot of lives lost in Trucial Abyssima during a conflict there. The whole BF 2000 Team except for Dodger, And a SAW-Viper (who would eventually become Overkill) personally gunned down like a dozen Joes.:eek:

cutter27
08-30-2005, 03:34 PM
as much as i hate the dd run, i do like the scene where we first see him as overkill, and snake-eyes lets him live, thinking it would be more painful than any death he could inflict... and if my memory is correct, the joes he gunned down in that one issue were as follows:

doc
breaker
thunder
crazylegs
crankcase
heavy metal
quick-kick

WAR!! A lot of lives lost in Trucial Abyssima during a conflict there. The whole BF 2000 Team except for Dodger, And a SAW-Viper (who would eventually become Overkill) personally gunned down like a dozen Joes.:eek:

Bleak5170
08-31-2005, 06:13 AM
as much as i hate the dd run, i do like the scene where we first see him as overkill, and snake-eyes lets him live, thinking it would be more painful than any death he could inflict... and if my memory is correct, the joes he gunned down in that one issue were as follows:

doc
breaker
thunder
crazylegs
crankcase
heavy metal
quick-kick

Actually Breaker, Crazylegs and Quick Kick died when the vehicle they were escaping on was blown up. The other four were shot though.

Beach Head
09-25-2005, 04:26 AM
The Devil's Due Joe comics have no say in my Joe verse and are not even considered Joe to me. Blaylock knows nothing about the history of the Joe comics. His comic is just a continuation of the cartoons. A slap in the face to the more darker Marvel series.

cutter27
09-25-2005, 06:56 AM
I bought 3 issues of the dd run last year on a trip to DC, and I was underwhelmed, to say the least... I despise that comic even more than sigma sux, and I've been called out several times on my seeming unwillingness to have an open mind about such a useless, craptastically sucktified piece of garbage.

KolobosRexx
09-26-2005, 01:42 AM
Ummmm.... The Devil's Due book was a PRECISE continuation off the Marvel run! And official, as far as Hasbro was concerned... And since the toys are pretty much defined for most be the Marvel series story, (Hasbro apparently think so too, as Croc Master II's file references the original's death in the buried freighter), that's good enough for me! The cartoon & CGI flicks were just "kiddified" interpretations. I never got all the dislike for DD's run... Just because they killed some guys off? It is a war, after all... :confused:

Beach Head
09-27-2005, 02:08 AM
Ummmm.... The Devil's Due book was a PRECISE continuation off the Marvel run! And official, as far as Hasbro was concerned... And since the toys are pretty much defined for most be the Marvel series story, (Hasbro apparently think so too, as Croc Master II's file references the original's death in the buried freighter), that's good enough for me! The cartoon & CGI flicks were just "kiddified" interpretations. I never got all the dislike for DD's run... Just because they killed some guys off? It is a war, after all... :confused:

Of course Hasbro approved of it. With the crap toys of JvC that they were selling it was a great way to market. Then old school readers like myself were stuck with seeing Cobra Claws, Zartan with a daughter, Destro with a daughter? Zartan with some disease, characters like Heavy Duty and others who didn't even belong on a certain missions but were featured in the comic just because their toy was in stores. I remember the Joes having a swamp battle and there was no "Muskrat" there. Another issue there was a B.A.T. acting as a Terminator or Nimrod type. Blatant ripoff and corny idea for writing. The DD comic was being written just like the cartoon in which each issue would focus mainly on a certain POPULAR group of Joes. In the Marvel run we saw the right Joes in the right missions and every Joe was getting airtime.

The Marvel run started getting bad along with the toys once all those colorful missles and figures in the 90's started appearing. Thats one of the factors which made me quit collecting and I was getting older. Another thing that really got to me about the DD run was The Greenshirts. I'm a Joe purist and never ever approved of them.

I only bought the first 15 issues of the DD series hoping it would get better and it never did. The writing was horrible and didn't even leave me wanting more. Too many loopholes. I don't know if it ever improved but with Blaylock writing it I doubt it. I see a lot of complaints here so I guess even those other writers didn't help much.

CountryOutlaw
10-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Thank You Crossfire.

I've been looking for this info.
I knew the Joe's lost 15 men in comic issues 109 and 113.
Could never figure out who the 15th Joe was.
It was Cool Breeze in issue 112.
Thank's once again.