Sigma Six arrives at Hasbrotoyshop [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma Six arrives at Hasbrotoyshop

killjoy
09-02-2005, 05:42 PM
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&NPG=504
Though not yet available and still under the "coming soon" status they do have multiple pics of each figures.

MikePrime
09-02-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm sticking with the DTC figures. However, the Sigma 6 figures seem nice enough. People should ignore the cartoon and just buy the figures.

The Buffalo Soldier
09-02-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm sticking with the DTC figures.

Me too, I'm sticking with 3" and 12" toys.. that over-priced 8" Sigma anime crap doesn't interest me at all. It's completely incompatible with what I collect, and the distorted proportions on the figures are just stupid looking, IMO.

CGC
09-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Hmm, no BATs yet...

I'm planning to get any BATs that S6 comes out with, but that's probably going to be the only thing that will fit into my 3" Joeverse. ;)

yo-man2
09-02-2005, 10:35 PM
wouldn't it be cool if they made a s6 bat that could make little mini 3 3/4 bats, like master mould from x-men

The MASS Device
09-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Nice packaging on the figures -- it's sure to catch the kids' eye. The accessories look like the best part of this line. Spirit's bow looks pretty fun to play with, as does Storm Shadow's nunchuk's with the blade that comes out.

But I don't know if cool accessories are a good substitute for cool vehicles like we had in the 3 3/4" line.

danyanda
09-03-2005, 12:14 AM
I hope kids love the but I have a bad feeling that BBI and Corps are going to keep the 3 3/4" toy market alive and not leave much market for the Sigma Six figures.

killjoy
09-03-2005, 06:34 AM
wouldn't it be cool if they made a s6 bat that could make little mini 3 3/4 bats, like master mould from x-men

You do know what would happen if BATS made themselves, right?. Like what happens in every sci-fi robot plot now a day. You've seen The Matrix, Terminator, I Robot, X-men Sentinels and now even in the new Battlestar Galactica series. We make the robots (so naturally there're kick off about that. I guess they would rather remain on a designing board) they get super smart and eventually turn on us for some "logical" reason. Either we are seen as a threat or we are not pratical anymore or we need saving from ourselves it's the SAME plot in every movie with bot's !
It still would be cool to see bats doing that though :)

The Buffalo Soldier
09-09-2005, 07:36 PM
I actually found some of the Sigma Six toys today on the shelf at my local KB Toys store. They had Duke, Heavy Duty and Snake Eyes. Man... all I can say is that they look even worse in person than they did in the online photos I had seen. And the price point... $19.99 each!!! WTF??? There is no way I would ever pay that much for these sets. Poor Hasbro, they really have lost their way on this toy line.

GI Steevy
09-09-2005, 08:33 PM
From what I've heard, S6 has done rather well, even at the outrageous price of 19.99 pushed by KB. The fact this is the first day most stores have these and all you saw were 3 of the figures (5 unique characters are shipping and there are 2 Snake Eyes per case) shows there ARE selling, and I'm hearing it's mostly from kids!

Btw, I'm waiting for a more reasonable priced toystore (like HTS or Walmart or TArget) to get these, I'm not paying $20, that is $5 more than I should have too (official price is $15)

MikePrime
09-09-2005, 11:37 PM
$19.99 at KayBee is not an unusual price. Everything always costs more there, that is until they can't sell them anymore and put everything on clearance.

Sigma 6 is destined for KayBee's bargin bin.

Still, it's a good thing that there aren't many characters, because, even at $15, they are kind of expensive. Now, I want people to consider what I say, not as collectors, nor even Joe fans who will gladly buy them for their kids. No, I want you to look outside of that and then wonder if they line will actually be successful.

The Buffalo Soldier
09-10-2005, 06:14 AM
$19.99 at KayBee is not an unusual price.

Hmmm, I dunno... for an 8" action figure $19.99 definitely seems steep to me, even for KB. Considering that on the same shelf the brand new 12" Power Team figures are only $9.99, Sigma Six seems like a total ripoff.

The fact this is the first day most stores have these and all you saw were 3 of the figures (5 unique characters are shipping and there are 2 Snake Eyes per case) shows there ARE selling

Well, not necessarily. The action figure aisle at my local KB is always in some degree of disarray and I didn't search the rest of the store shelves to see if the others were still there. There were actually 2 Snake Eyes figures still on the shelf, neither of them had sold yet. Ultimately, I think KB is gonna have a tough time selling them at that price.

Liokaiser
09-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Only would buy the toys if we get, Scarlett, Jynx & Baroness in the toyline. That's it. Kay-Bee yeah they jack prices on everything. They got sued for it too and lost and still do it. I'd only buy something there if I was really looking for something and they were the last place I looked. (curse Hasbro for not giving my area VvV Wave 6)

pastelmonster
09-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Ouch, at US$15 I'd prefer to spend on something like McFarlane's Military or some other figure with better quality.

OT: Is it just me, or has the quality of Hasbro's toys been stagnant for the last decade (in relation to other toy companies)?

nikke
09-10-2005, 05:35 PM
As a collector of 80's JOE's in a foreign country I will probably end up paying about $40 US per Sigma 6 figure here in my country. I am concentrating on my 80's collection right now and money IS an issue....Should I bother to fight up and buy the Sigma 6 figures??? What do you guys think? :confused:

killjoy
09-10-2005, 06:07 PM
As a collector of 80's JOE's in a foreign country I will probably end up paying about $40 US per Sigma 6 figure here in my country. I am concentrating on my 80's collection right now and money IS an issue....Should I bother to fight up and buy the Sigma 6 figures??? What do you guys think? :confused:
I honestly don't know Nikke because my concern is what are the vehicles going to go for if the figures are going between $15.00-$20.00 each

curmudgeon
09-26-2005, 11:15 PM

I'm a huge 3 3/4 joe fan, and I have never liked the 12" figures at all, or any other scale for that matter. I also dislike anime style stuff for the most part, but I had to get the Storm Shadow figure ($15 @ TRU) and man it was worth every penny. It's super poseable, has great accessories, and looks fantastic. I can't speak for the other figures (Spirit & Snake-eyes are the only others that look decent) but I would definitely pick up Storm Shadow; it's an awesome figure at any scale.

saint99
09-27-2005, 01:46 AM
I wasn't going to purchase any of the Sig 6, but I saw them at TRU and broke down and bought Snake Eyes and Heavy Duty. WORTH EVERY DIME!!!!!! The pics you see online really do not do these figures justice. I was as skeptical as anyone on the forums and even said I would not be interested in the least.... I was dead wrong, at least with Snake and Heavy that is, can't speak for the others.

I made a special shelf for them to accomadate their 8" size but they look great displayed next to the rest of my collection, provided they have their own shelf.

Just my humble opinion but Hasbro did a bang up job with these figures.

Clutch II
09-27-2005, 01:53 AM
well i saw them online....Didn't like them

i saw them in Stores.....still don't like them:cool: