Dialtone V1 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Dialtone V1

AVAC
09-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I was going through some figures and came across a difference between two Dialtone figures I have. On the hat one has the symbol painted silver with the black stripe through it, the other is all silver. Also the brown color on the hair and waist (belt) is darker on the figure with the silver symbol with black stripe and lighter in color on the figure with the silver symbol being all silver. I don't know if this is just a paint error on the symbol and perhaps a slightly different paint mix on the hair and waist (belt) or not. Just thought I would toss it out there for other opinions and to see if anyone else has something similar to either one.

robot_sonic
09-06-2005, 05:37 PM
It's possible that one of these is a loose Chinese figure that was produced in '94 or so. That would account for the slightly different paint tones. I don't have a carded Chinese fig around but someone should do a comparison and see if that's the case.

notpicard
09-18-2005, 03:29 AM
Hey. I haven't been around a while but I wanted to reply to this. I am not sure if the painted stripe is just paint wear or not, but judging from the hair and eyebrows, those are the Dial-Tone variation.

Check the pads on the outsides of his gloves. I am betting that one of them has glove pads that match the color of his shoulders very well while the other has glove pads that are much more of a peach color. There are a lot of differences between the two figures, but that is how I distinguish them.

And I have a peach one on Action Force Card and on Chinese card. I can't see any differences between those two. I also have both types of gloves loose. I am guessing that the actual 86 Dial-Tone figures have gloves that match the tan shoulders while those released in the US in 87 (and worldwide 87 and after) have peach. But that is just a guess.

tarz_an2003
09-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Hey AVAC,

That's an interesting observation there. Since you brought this variant eye-opener with the 1986 Dialtone, I decided to take a look at my Dialtone to see what he looks like...
and well my Dialtone's a cross between the two you have pictured. My Dialtone doesn't have the black stripe on his beret, but does have the darker hair, eyes, eyebrows etc. Weird. My only guess is your Dialtone on the right could be a Funskool version and the one on the left may have been a custom??? It's just a total guess man, I'm not really sure how to even explain that variation.

:confused:

AVAC
09-26-2005, 12:21 AM
I have been out of town, so I finally got a chance to check this thread and check the gloves out. The figure with the all silver symbol on the hat has the painted part of the gloves which are much closer in color to the shoulders where the other figure is much more of a peach color. I believe both of these figures were US releases as I remember getting them from two different peoples personal collections that both live in the US. I will dig into my personal collection to see how these to match up to the figure I have had since day one and post back here.

AVAC
09-26-2005, 09:24 PM
notpicard, I checked my original 1886 figure I have had since day one with the two I posted on. I believe your theory on this is correct. My 1986 figure is just like the figure with the all silver symbol on the hat. I suppose one can assume the other figure I have was a 1987 release of the same figure, thus the difference is paint scheme on the hat, hair color difference, and peach color.