What is ONE International Figure EVERY Collector out there MUST HAVE? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : What is ONE International Figure EVERY Collector out there MUST HAVE?

The Faceless Master
09-04-2005, 01:29 AM
Not too many people collect international figures due to the fact that they
tend to go quite pricey :(

but for all you international collectors out there, what is the ONE figure
that should be a MUST HAVE of all the international figs?

The Faceless Master
09-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Red Lazer & the Hyena get my votes

Tattoo Shane
09-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Satan. I mean come on - the guy is called SATAN!!! (yes, i know that's not how it's pronounced but it's still cool). ;)

David Clark
09-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Cobra De Aco (brazilian)

light blue cobra soldier (brazilian)

TF Outback

Patrick A. Riley
09-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Chinese Major Bludd!

At least people on joecustoms would say that ;)

dmooretoys
09-05-2005, 06:21 PM
The Brazilian light blue Cobra Soldier.

Dan

Deadshot
09-05-2005, 07:38 PM
TF Hit & Run

cutter27
09-05-2005, 08:16 PM
my vote is Pegasus, if for no other reason than I don't know any other American collectors (in person or on this or the joecustoms board) who have him and his glider besides me! :D

Of course, I do tend to be a little biased since my wife gave him to me for our first Christmas together! :)

Pete The Greek
09-05-2005, 09:45 PM
TF Outback

Spillspleen
09-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Tf Blizzard gets my vote...becuse I do not have him.

What does the light blus Cobra Soldier come with accessory wise? I have him and the other South American Soldier...he is darker but again different but I forget what accessories they come with!

valkbuddy
09-07-2005, 09:06 PM
satan and ninja ku get my vote!

JeffreyKabal
09-08-2005, 04:57 AM
TF Hit'n Run

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Tiger Force Outback, Cobra De Aco, and Quarrel. Those are the most high profile international variants, going by what people ask me for. "International Joes 101", so to speak.

gutstheberserker
09-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Jungla -- check out the shirt, son.

GBPackRat
09-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Oh that's an easy one...

The White Mortal!

Tanner

viperlord
09-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Of all the international Joes produced, I'd have to go with Red Laser.

Awesome figure that I always wanted :)

thorn
09-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Tiger Force Outback, Cobra De Aco,

i agree on those 2, quarrel ehh, not so much. Glenda maybe! wow that would be cool to have.

anyway outback and De Aco i think are 2 very good examples of the best of the int'l releases. i got a pretty nice outback (argh, need the flashlight!) but no De aco yet- too pricey for awhile, but eventually....

jabba the drunk
09-09-2005, 05:34 PM
I have watching this thread progress, and I find interesting that there is alot of variety in the responses. I would think that there would be more agreement amongst collectors as to what international figure is deemed "must have" in a collection.

My favorite international release is Red Jackal, but I certainly don't think he is the "must have" international figure. Not by a long shot. Sure, he's a sweet figure...but not representative of the culmination of reasons as to what draws collectors to international Joes.

There are lot of factors as to why people are interested in certain international Joes. The figure's paint scheme and how much of a change is it from the U.S. version. The popularity of the U.S. Joe mold it's based on. The notoriety of the international figure amongst collectors. The rarity/availabilty of the figure. I would consider all of these factors in answering.

That said, I think the ONE figure that is a "must have" is without a doubt Cobra De Aco. The paint scheme rocks. The figure is from the ever popular Snake Eyes (mostly). It has been recognizes as a great international variant amongst collectors. It's been sought after for years and is available (though not considered as rare as it once was).

Now, if it were a top 5 list :D...

1.) Cobra De Aco
2.) Tiger Force Outback
3.) Action Force Quarrel
4.) Action Force Red Laser
5.) Cobra Mortal

-Peter

CGC
09-09-2005, 06:46 PM
I like your top 5, but I would change it a little to a top three:

Action Force Red Laser
Cobra de Aco
Cobra Mortal

To be honest, I only collect enemy figs/vehicles, so I really don't know anything about the other two you mentioned. The reason I moved Red Laser to the top is that, until the Imperial Procession pack, this was the only red CC.

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-10-2005, 12:44 AM
i agree on those 2, quarrel ehh, not so much. Glenda maybe! wow that would be cool to have....

Think AVAILABLILITY...Glenda (and Cobra mortal, who I still don't have) are nowhere near as readily available as De Aco, outback, or Quarrel (actually sold in the US at one Con).

I balanced my choices with availability($wise anyway). Even a rough Glenda tends to be out of most collectors desire or range of cost, same with a Mortal (let's not even bring up the White Mortal).

An intermediate collector (complete most or all of the domestic releases depending upon desire) should be able to afford a higher end Quarrel ($50 or so) or Outback ($50 to $75 on it's highest end) or even De Aco (i have sold REALLY NICE ones in the $120 range). Rating Glenda in the "must have" category is not too realistic, unless she has dropped significantly below the $100 mark in passable condition (intact but with some paint wear).

I actually agree with the choices of Red Jackal and Red Laser, based upon their connection to popular american releases, but I have seen far more TF Outbacks, Quarrels, and De Acos, so availabilty outweighs them. Most collectors who WANT a De aco (in my younger days, I remember the pic of the De Aco on the cover of "Joe Files" being the EPITOMY of "Holy Grail" for both rarity and coolness, forget the Mortal) should be able to find one in today's market. As for Quarrels, I have had more of her than any other international figure, and sold every one. TF outback, I have not owned many, but I have seen a LOT for sale.

I feel Red Jackal and Red Laser are harder to find and obtain, but still fantastic examples of "International Joes 101" and are easy "4" and "5" on the list.

There are other oddball figs that fit into this category....Characters whose availability might outweigh their desirability, but who is gonna argue with a $20 price point vs. the lowest end example of some of the aforementioned figures? A Chinese Bludd or Chinese Tiger Force Flint can be found for $10-25, then there are some Estralla Force Eco or Patrul Do Ar that can be found MOC for uinder $40. While some of the ones I mentioned are high profile, some of the lower profile-lower price International figures can easily trounce them in sales based on value. (:

Oldschooljoe
09-17-2005, 11:31 AM
White mortal..