Sigma 6 - Dull and Boring. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma 6 - Dull and Boring.

flash70
09-12-2005, 04:48 PM
I have to say Sigma 6 was complete waste of my time.

This cartoon is just a travesty to the name of G.I.*JOE - A Real American Hero.

WOW - what a waste of an animators time.

The animation was ok, but the Dialogue was to the extreme of stupidity.

I can't take this insanity anymore ...Sigma 6 thanks for proving this will be a bomb.

MikePrime
09-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Yep, although it was only one episode.

I hope kids totally ignore this cartoon and just buy the toys. They may not be my kind of thing, but I have seen better pictures of the toys and they look pretty good. They should be fun for kids to play with.

TheReverend
09-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Seems a bit premature to me.

I thought it had potential. So I'm going to give it a few more episodes before I decide on it :)

I'm a big fan of the original sunbow series. But even it had a some dud eps, so I can forgive the things I didn't like in Sig6....It could always work out very well IMO.

I hope it does, it seem like anything that might bring kids to GI Joe (and make is very profitable) might be good for all us collectors.:confused:

MikePrime
09-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Seems a bit premature to me.

I thought it had potential. So I'm going to give it a few more episodes before I decide on it :)

I'm a big fan of the original sunbow series. But even it had a some dud eps, so I can forgive the things I didn't like in Sig6....It could always work out very well IMO.

I hope it does, it seem like anything that might bring kids to GI Joe (and make is very profitable) might be good for all us collectors.:confused:

Nah, as long as the DTC keeps selling well, we collectors are safe. That is the whole point of the DTC, Hasbro sells directly to consumers and takes all the profit.

Bleak5170
09-13-2005, 08:49 AM
I can't believe i rushed home to watch this. I hated every minute of it i saw and didn't even have the patience to watch the entire thing.

flash70
09-13-2005, 09:20 PM
I have to say when I saw the early images at the joe con it looked very promising...but the final peace just sinks to the bottom of the ocean.

I think i'll get the figures but the show is just so lame.

I miss the old days of joe cartoons.

SharpShot
09-13-2005, 09:44 PM
I definitely think it's too early to pass judgement on the new show. We have no idea what lies ahead...

We might see some good story development and then we might not.

But you can't tell from the first episode.

evan511
09-13-2005, 10:52 PM
I agree with you on how lame it was. I will continue to watch to see if it gets better. For those of you that didn't see the end. You did miss a very cool Cobra submarine base. I can only wish Hasbro produces this.

MikePrime
09-13-2005, 11:18 PM
I agree with you on how lame it was. I will continue to watch to see if it gets better. For those of you that didn't see the end. You did miss a very cool Cobra submarine base. I can only wish Hasbro produces this.

How could they produce it when their action figures are so big?

The MASS Device
09-14-2005, 12:18 PM
I believe that a lot of the hate for the new show is actually mis-directed hate from the new line of figures that replaced our beloved 3 3/4" line.

Have you guys actually gone back and watched the old GI Joe cartoons? The first mini-series was the best, but from there it was all down-hill. The second mini-series (The Weather Dominator) started well, but ended with some lameness. The lameness carried over into the Pyramid of Darkness (what a lame plot) with it's freaky fuzzies or whatever they were called, along with giant river robots and Snake Eyes dressed up like Boy George. The new show hasn't done anything that lame yet.

The first and second season of weekly GI Joe cartoons were very hit and miss. There was a great episode here or there, but many stupid plots and lots of cheesy dialog predominate. Granted, I loved them as a kid and watched them as an adult for nostalgia, but let's not forget, they were kids' shows too. The past always gets over-glorified and we become old fuddy duddies who wish for the good ol' days. It's not wise to do so. But I don't expect to change anybodies mind.

evan511
09-14-2005, 07:40 PM
I can wish for the base. We still have the DTC product line that is doing well. Don't get me wrong about the show. I really like the animation, and I will continue to watch.