Will you buy Sigma 6? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Will you buy Sigma 6?

General_Hawk
09-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Just an informal poll to see what the interest level of 3 3/4" collectors is with the new Sigma 6 line. Let me know your thoughts, and then check out:

http://www.sigma6central.com to check out the first and largest Sigma 6 fansite on the web!

Justin

evil_henchman
09-13-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm an old school type of guy and i don't really like the newer toys.

Falcone
09-13-2005, 02:43 PM
negative troop

Patrick A. Riley
09-13-2005, 03:35 PM
"No, no, never, never" - Fletch

TheReverend
09-13-2005, 03:52 PM
At first I was one of the NO NO NO people.

But having seen the figures I'm thinking I'll at least pick up a couple. I truly like them better then the “pin head, big shoulder” new sculpts. ( Proud to say I don't even own a new sculpt of any sort :o other than some vehicles) So I imagine I'll pick up at lease a couple Sig6 figs

That said, my focus is and always will be with the old school RAH style figures, and reissues of rah style (bring on more comic packs!).

MikePrime
09-13-2005, 04:26 PM
It's only 3 3/4" for me.

YELSEW
09-13-2005, 04:51 PM
I am going to pass on these. To much money and it isn't 3 3/4"

Deadshot
09-13-2005, 05:00 PM
The only one I am planning on getting is a couple of the BATS. I plan on using them as front gate type sentrys for my Terror Drome

Icebreaker
09-13-2005, 05:02 PM
I think there are many great qualities about the S6 toys. I, more than likely, will not buy any. It's more about collecting priorities for me, than whether or not I think Sigma six is cool. (I can only accumulate so much stuff in this apartment, too ;))

Red Sox
09-13-2005, 05:02 PM
I went with "possibly", because I'm pretty sure I'll pick up the Cobra Commander, but that will probably be it. I maybe interested in Destro or a few other favorite characters if they're released, but if it's not in the 3 3/4" scale I'm not terribly interested.

yo-man2
09-13-2005, 05:03 PM
if they were 3 3/4 i would prob get most of them......i have no cash to collect another scale and if i did i would by marvel legends

thoughtcrime
09-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Not a chance.

KolobosRexx
09-13-2005, 05:30 PM
While I think the cartoon is cool & has some potential, I think the toys SUCK.:mad: They look like somebody tried crossing "Marvel Legends" with "Spider-Man & Friends", & gave them cloth pants. Aside from the interesting bad-guy redesigns, I think they are silly. And I hope to see a new Zartan, Baroness, Destro, Dreadnoks, ect. in the DTC line. Anybody notice Blackout's in there in the title-sequence? :D

Mr Rage
09-13-2005, 05:50 PM
I know I'll be getting Storm Shadow & Cobra Commander when he is released. I might get Snake Eyes for the heck of it. Other than those 3 I'll have to see before I make up my mind.

Mr Rage

KtownJoes
09-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Yep, I will be buying them. I dont care about if it is "not cool" to like them. Most of the stores I went into that said they had them last weekend said they were already sold out, so maybe they will stick around for awhile. I personally think they look pretty nice opened and displayed. Of course, I dont like toys in packages much anyway.

thewyseone
09-13-2005, 06:21 PM
well i dont like their size but the way they come packaged is very well presented and the figures dont look that bad either.i might buy1 to 3 of them,i doubt any more than that.

YoJoeNCSU
09-13-2005, 06:24 PM
I really want to, but there is no way I can afford the higher price point of these figures without cutting out of my DTC line shopping. I'm not too crazy about them...but I think it is a neat idea and cool variant from the same old same old.

I'll probably just add them to my list of things to hopefully pick up some day used or off a discount shelf.

MikePrime
09-13-2005, 06:32 PM
While I think the cartoon is cool & has some potential, I think the toys SUCK.:mad: They look like somebody tried crossing "Marvel Legends" with "Spider-Man & Friends", & gave them cloth pants. Aside from the interesting bad-guy redesigns, I think they are silly. And I hope to see a new Zartan, Baroness, Destro, Dreadnoks, ect. in the DTC line. Anybody notice Blackout's in there in the title-sequence? :D

I think the exact opposite. I think that the cartoon is crap and that the figures have some potential. I'd rather kids got the toys and ignored the cartoon, because no one should watch that piece of cheese.

The Buffalo Soldier
09-13-2005, 06:40 PM
The chances of my buying any Sigma Six stuff is slim to none. The scale is wrong, the anime look is even more wrong, and the price point is totally wrong. That's three strikes against them.

At this point I'm sticking with collecting 3¾" and 12" toys. If Hasbro decides it doesn't want to make figures in those scales then I will just buy stuff made by other companies. It's too late for me to switch to a different scale just for the sake of supporting Hasbro's little Sigma Six experiment. Personally I think the experiment is ultimately going to fail anyway, so there is no need for me to even pay any attention to it. In the end, I think Hasbro will eventually (in a few years, or maybe even sooner) restore GI Joe to the tried and true 3¾" and 12" scales.

thorn
09-13-2005, 07:18 PM
i would NOT collect them, but i can totally see getting one or two.
possibly one of the ninjas, and then at some point a trooper type like heaVY duty.
i already have the 12 inch ninja showdown though.
so maybe just one. theyre much more like toys than dio worthy figures, id get one to have like a statue

Onslaught Six
09-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Nah. Too expensive for my tastes.

Some of the designs are decent, but they're damned big and expensive, so.

thunderviper
09-13-2005, 08:44 PM
I *might* buy a Baroness should one get made.

And even then she'd have to be pretty damn impressive.

Obiwanjacoby
09-14-2005, 01:59 AM
Probably just Long Range. As it stands, he's the best one in the line.

And like Thunderviper said, if they make a Baroness (or Scarlett), I'd have to get her.:cool:

-PJ

Obiwanjacoby
09-14-2005, 02:00 AM
I *might* buy a Baroness should one get made.

And even then she'd have to be pretty damn impressive.

Yep, like if she had plastic hair. . .I'd totally walk.:rolleyes:

-PJ

Bleak5170
09-14-2005, 05:45 AM
Nope. The horrible cartoon has pretty much turned me off everything Sigma Six. Plus, i prefer to just keep collecting the 3 3/4" figures.

Stampede
09-14-2005, 06:29 AM
That's a negative from me as well.

Viper Commander
09-14-2005, 06:40 AM
If they come up with good looking female figures for this line Ill buy em. :p

flywheels
09-14-2005, 06:52 AM
The higher price point does suck, but I'll probably pick up Storm Shadow for starters anyhow. Possibly Cobra Commander once he's been released...

rjluna
09-14-2005, 07:46 AM
im with obiwan, if they make baroness and scarlett they'll be on my shelf in no time!

killjoy
09-14-2005, 03:59 PM
I’ve seen only 2 episodes of S6 and I’m still trying to find a plot to the show. As soon as I find one I’ll decide weather or not to support the S6. I’ll give the show an open mind though.

Onslaught Six
09-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Blah! Must there be a constantly ongoing plotline? Can't they just have single, self-contained adventures?

This is a real problem with the TF serieses that I've had lately. Since Armada, *everything* has been part of one huge ongoing story arc and it's really really Bad. 86 and I agree--we want single adventures. Self-contained little stories that can be enjoyed on their *own.*

You want a plot? Cobra exists. Sigma Six goes to stop them. There. There's your plot.

Liokaiser
09-14-2005, 10:32 PM
I think it's been said already but yeah if I see a nice looking Baroness, Scarlett and/or Jynx then may buy. I think I'd laugh if they give the Baroness some kind of torture device to slap somebody in though. (doubt it though but how she looks I see her dishing out the pain)

Though I still need to order some DTC stuff. (and a few I know I want to get too)

BK
09-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Most likely none for me, since they don't go with anything that's been released previously.

Obiwanjacoby
09-15-2005, 12:48 AM
I’ve seen only 2 episodes of S6 and I’m still trying to find a plot to the show.

What? Two eps.??? :confused: Which episode did I miss???

-PJ

tstorm_75
09-15-2005, 07:43 AM
I like the way they look and will probably get a few. SE and SS I will definetly get and I think when the BATS come out I might get a couple to make super armor bats out of.

dockingbay97
09-15-2005, 09:28 AM
I am going to get at least a few - if not all.

And I have to say that the packaging turning into a weapons case is a really cool idea.