Sunbow Season 3: You Decide! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sunbow Season 3: You Decide!

the scarecrow
09-13-2005, 05:45 PM
All previous episodes, as well as the movie, are in the history books. How would you have written the third Sunbow season? Which Joe and Cobras would you use and flesh out? How would you open the show, with a new theme/opening sequence? What would be your five part introduction to season 3?

Remember it's 1987...;)

carnage717
09-13-2005, 06:22 PM
I think the best 5 part introduction for Season 3 would have to be the Rebirth of Cobra Commander back into human form as well as the Recovery of Duke. You almost have to include Falcon and Jinx.

Erick
09-13-2005, 06:53 PM
First, new opening theme & everything, then bring back cobra commander to human form, and Destro would split from Cobra to from his Iron Grenadiers. Storm Shadow joins the Joes, and show focus on the '87-'89 Joes & Cobras.

MikePrime
09-13-2005, 07:13 PM
I would introduce the Iron Grenadiers as G.I. Joe's new primary adversary. The theme song would reflect this. It would be similar to the regular song but only mention, ". . . the forces of Destro."

I would also build up to the resurrection of Cobra Commander throughout the season. Tomax and Xamot, along with Dr. Mindbender, Scrap Iron, Firefly and Major Bludd, would work to rebuild the Cobra organization. The Dreadnoks would eventually be bought back into Cobra. (And yes, I mean "bought", you know how Dreadnoks are.)

Since their base got very compromised in G.I. Joe the Movie, I would move the Joes into a new base, The Pit. I'd work in some characters like Repeater and Shockwave. Lt. Falcon would have a leadership role.

Arashikage_Tengu
09-13-2005, 08:46 PM
First 5 Episodes in a story ark:

Duke is no longer a team leader. He may have come out of the "coma" at the end of "G.I. JOE: the Movie", but, due to Serpentors snake-spear, he has lost a lung and is unfit to continue his duties. Falcon has been placed in Dukes position.
Destro and his Iron Grenadiers are now the main enemy.
Storm Shadow learns about the Cobra Commander/Firefly/Zartan assassination connection that accidentally led to the death of the Hard Master.
The Joes fight Destro, trying to prevent him from supplying WMD's to some fictional Arab country.
Meanwhile, Snake-Eyes helps Storm Shadow to seek revenge against Firefly and Zartan. Storm Shadow fights Zartan, while Snake-Eyes fights Firefly. Both Firefly and Zartan fall off a seaside cliff and are presumed dead. However, no bodies are found. With Storm Shadow's lust for vengeance satiated, he then joins the Joes.

The rest of the third season:

Throughout the season - in a subplot - we see Cobra Commander turned back to normal, thanks to Dr. Mindbender, and restarts COBRA. Towards the end of the season, if not the season finale. Cobra Commander makes his big world televised comeback, with Firefly, Zartan, and the rest of the COBRA heirarchy at his side.

Mainframe
09-14-2005, 01:50 AM
I really would have loved to have known more about what was planned for Season 3. I picture it being very different from the first two seasons, the way the Transformers cartoon was changed after TF:TM.

I think the plot of the first 5 parter would have been the rebirth of Cobra Commander, and a change in command of GI Joe, w/ Falcon and the newer Joes taking the lead. I picture it being a lot like the GI Joe books that were out in 1988 w/ the newer characters.

Had Sunbow done the 3rd season, I suspect that it would have been a lot different than the previous seasons, there was a move towards less violent cartoons, and after the sag vo strike in 1987, the cast would have had to be much smaller w/ less characters per episode.