Sigma 6 selling well?? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma 6 selling well??

HeadShot
09-14-2005, 12:58 PM
I think last saturday or sunday I went to Toys R Us in Times Square, NY to check if they have the Sigma 6 in stock so that I can get just snake eyes and stormshadow. Sadly the guy said they shipped it late and they wont know when they will them. So I decided to wait a few days and check again. I tried again today after school and they were almost sold out! All I saw was one heavy, which btw was a bit smaller than i thought, and about 5 ninja motorcycles. :( They must be selling well because i saw like four other people looking at that one heavy duty and the motorcycles.

so when do you think they will restock? I might have to try again on friday when i get to work since it is around there....

gunslingercbr
09-14-2005, 01:44 PM
uhm, I don't know if you can judge the sales by simply by the first shipment. there will always be someone into the figures who will buy them up when they arrive immediately. sales are usually judged by continued sales, not initial sales. heck, wave 7 was hard to find initially and now stores can't get rid of them.

your answer requires patience on your part. ask again in a year.

GI Steevy
09-14-2005, 05:04 PM
I agree to an extent with gunslingercbr, it is very hard to gage how well a line is selling when the two of the largest toy retailers (Walmart and Target) won't be getting them until October (I hear both will have BIG sections for the line).

HOWEVER...Many of my buddies on other boards are reporting similar sales rates, even at KB who is $5 MORE than TRU on the figures. From what I've read, I think Sigma Six will do fairly well this Christmas.

The Buffalo Soldier
09-14-2005, 09:46 PM
I think the newness of the toy will probably help it in the short run, but long-term I'm betting that Sigma Six won't sell that well. As I recall, the first waves of the 12" Talking Duke (with the opening mouth mechanism) sold well, but soon after it became a shelf warmer. That figure is being clearanced virtually everywhere now.

GI Steevy
09-15-2005, 11:26 AM
I think the newness of the toy will probably help it in the short run, but long-term I'm betting that Sigma Six won't sell that well. As I recall, the first waves of the 12" Talking Duke (with the opening mouth mechanism) sold well, but soon after it became a shelf warmer. That figure is being clearanced virtually everywhere now.
Talking Duke sold well initially? Coulda fooled me! :p

I don't believe Duke is an accurate model, he was just a single figure and not an assortment of five different figures. High price or not, the simple fact there is more than one item available gives the line some legs for this Christmas (especially if the $10 figures get out early like I've heard might happen if the line does very well)

Bleak5170
09-15-2005, 11:54 AM
I think it will be mostly Joe collectors buying Sigma Six stuff. Despite the fact most of us said we wouldn't, with the price being higher and G.I. Joe not being all that recognizable amongst younger children, i imagine it will be us long-time Joe nuts who will be buying SS stuff. I could be wrong though.

ChemViper
09-15-2005, 12:13 PM
I have to admit that I bought Storm Shadow and Spirit Yesterday. It looks like a case has 1 Duke, 1 Spirit, 1 Storm Shadow, 2 Sanke Eyes and 1 Heavy Duty.

I have not opened them yet, but they look pretty cool. They will never be what the 3 3/4" are, but I think they deserve a chance. My son turns 6 in 2 weeks and we shall see how they go over with him.

Shogi
09-17-2005, 10:14 AM
I have to agree with Bleak5170, the initial wave is getting picked up by collectors and later the kids will be getting them. What puzzles me though, is Hasbro made this line for the kids, more so than they were doing with the 3 3/4 figs. It gets a cartoon and everything so it should sell well....that is until the parents see the $20 price tag for a single figure. I mean the target audience is what? 10?! at most? There isn't than many 10 year olds I know of that can go blow $40 on two figures. Maybe one figure every few months. Seriously I see it possibly doing well around x-mas. Kids will be screaming for them for a few months by then, but after x-mas I think the line will die if the price doesn't come down

blackthunder
09-17-2005, 11:00 AM
yeep ... i can confirm that KBToys has them ... saw them ... but at $20 a pop ... i'll wait for TRU & Walmart to get them.

I saw both SE and SS ... nice ... i think that if they were sold at $10 a pop ... they would do well ... just working on the pricepoints in comparison to the new Transformers Cybertron line .... with the deluxe figs going for $10

so go and check them out right now at KBtoys ... over and out.

Kann
09-17-2005, 11:04 AM
There doing OK hear.