Great Atlanta Toy Show, September 25 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Great Atlanta Toy Show, September 25

Psywar
09-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Another Great Atlanta Toy Show...hosted by the Atlanta GI Joe Collectors' Club. If you're in town or nearby don't miss the opportunity to check out some great vendors and maybe even find that elusive figure, vehicle, or part that you're looking for!

http://www.greatatlantatoyshow.com/main_content.html

rnrhero
09-25-2005, 06:40 AM
hey Party Beast's, the show is today. Get up, Get Movin, and meet me down there. Ahhwooooooooo.

Psywar
09-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Good show IMHO...It appeared that some of the Vendors did not fair so well however and perhaps even failed to gross much in earnings after all was said and done. This was particularly true for those from out of town who had to factor in hotel, gas, trailer rental, etc. From a buyer's prespective there were 6 vendors with 3 3/4" Joes. 2 of the 6 had recent carded stock for sale while all had at a minimum a large lot of loose figures and accessories. One of the Vendors put all his new carded stock, to include comic 3-packs and figure 2 packs, on sale for $5 a piece later in the day. I couldn't pass that up. I bought a nice loose vehicle and accessory lot that along with my Terrordrome completely filled my small SUV. At first look I think I did pretty good considering the amount of rare missiles, figure accessories, and the completely intact Wolverine tow cable (thanks Brett!) that were in the bottom of one of the boxes. I made some new contacts and hopefully helped to foster some new found interest in the 3 3/4" community here in Atlanta. Overall, a long...but good day.

heavy_water
09-26-2005, 08:55 PM
I went and .... not enough Joe stuff. But the dios were way cool.

rnrhero
09-26-2005, 10:45 PM
I was just glad I got to meet you both. Good show. I got all of Wave 2 DTC from one vender at a buy one get one free Price (SWEET) and bought a small army of Medi-Vipers. Mindbender will have some fun tonight.... Also got a Phantom x-19 about 99% complete with box and driver and some loose figures. Spent a good 4 hours at the show with a couple buddies of mine. Was not as big as the last show and very little 12" at all. I did hear the guy at the Toy Land Direct Booth say that the Joe's were the only thing selling, so maybe some others will get the hint. Joelanta is next and I can't wait. See you Psywar at the next Joe Meeting in town if I can make it. Let me know when you get a date. My friend Fran will be there also.....

Psywar
09-26-2005, 11:10 PM
I will most certainly let everyone know about the next meeting of the Atlanta GI Joe Collectors' Club. After you inventory it, let me know what you are missing on that Phantom...I know you told me but I've already forgotten. I've been elbows deep in parts all night trying to sort through the lot that I bought from Brett. I probably have what you need. It was good to meet you as well...cheers, Lou

heavy_water
10-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Is the ATL club for just 12" Joe collectors, or is it for 3 3/4 as well?

rnrhero
10-04-2005, 06:41 PM
It's mostly been for the 12" guys. Psywar is trying to get more of the small fig collectors interested in going. I for one plan on going to the next one. Gotta inventory some of my stuff to use as trade fodder. It looks like they meet on mostly a monthly schedule.

Psywar
10-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks for beating me to the punch :)~ Historically, the club has been comprised of 12" enthusiasts, most of whom have at least an understanding of 3 3/4". Buddy Finethy, the head of the club and sponsor for most of the toy shows in ATL, got tired of me griping about no small joes guys so he said to go and do something about it. I think we will see a few at the next meeting which will be in my mom's basement...just kidding...it's almost like a mini show but everyone is really laid back...lots of guys do diaramas and customs so they share parts, lesson learned, and sometimes sell a few things...it's not nationals or Joelanta but heck, what else am I doing on Sun at 2:00pm?...look forward to seeing everyone there...more to follow when the website gets updated...thanks, cheers, and I think I have those Phantom parts...right-o

Crimson Strike Viper
10-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Louis whats up you can email me or whatever when you want to head down this way. I think my personal email is attached to this site.

I just noticed this post. Since I was a dealer there I figured I would back up some of the comments about the show.

The show overall in terms of product was an excellent show. Gi Joe was not as heavy as I wanted it to be because I am a serious collector as well. I did however bring my fair share of it.

The turn out of the show was not that great, but the people who were there were outstanding. I met a couple of people I now consider my friend.

I did not make enough money to justify doing the show, but from a collectors standpoint I came home with some priceless personal items. Also I enjoy talking to the promoters of the show. There the best promoters of any that I have met. I have met a lot of them as well. Buddy and Marten are excellent and if you don't know them your missing out. they try to take care of the dealers and the customers, that is a rare thing this day and time. I will more than likely do there Great Atlanta Toy show next year.
But I can say for certain I will do there JoeLanta show because it is awesome...but that is a different story I bet there will be a thread come March about it.

Anyway I rambled enough.

Taker easy,
CSV
AKA: Brett from the Great Atlanta Toy Show and The National Gi Joe Convention

Psywar
10-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Brett! Hola Bro, thanks for adding to the thread! I would email you directly but I think that others may gain from reading this email as well. I am very eager to get up to NC and take a look at all your wares. Of course, money and time are the greatest considerations. I will be in Fayetteville (NC) this weekend but will be spending my time with my daughter. I therefore will not be at the Atlanta Club meeting on Sunday. I apologize to everyone I pumped up about the club but family comes first in my book and it's rare that I can make the trip to NC. Garand will take lead on Sunday in regards to coordinating small joe activities and Buddy has some leads on a few collections that may be of interest to us. I am taking a short break from buying so that I can finish the suspension on my trail truck so consider me out of service if any collections become available this month. I want to echo Brett's comments from above reference Buddy and Martin. I have never sold at a show before so I suppose my opinion is marginalized, however I am completely impressed with the way they conduct business. Speaking of impressed...Brett, you are the man. For those of you who have never met this guy he is impressive. His knowledge of joe and the sheer mass of his collections are overwhelming particularly for a guy who is too young to have played with most the joe line back in the day. I consider myself a vintage subject matter expert and I was humbled. Enough...enjoy the meeting on Sunday...stay low, move fast

http://www.joelanta.com/atlclub.html