Today's S6, Sep 17 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Today's S6, Sep 17

CGC
09-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Buzzer, Torch, & Machette?

So will we be getting a new Dreadnok, or just an 8" version?

CGC
09-17-2005, 10:26 AM
Also, it looks like a "rise of the Robots" might still be in the works, but I don't really like the Overkill very much. He seems like a Batman villian.

Lody
09-17-2005, 10:35 AM
I didn't like it. I missed th irst two episodes but caught todays. The dialogue was poor and so unbelievably unbelievable...Overkill...a major character?? And why do they find it necessary to "introduce" everyone....Buzzer...Torch..ahhhh Machette.....we get anothr Dreadnok..and he's for the Sigma 6 line..they gotta do a 3 3/4 fig of him now....

And what's with all the 3 3/4 references? The ROCC, Mech Defence and Pulverizer...why rescale the figures if you are going to have the vehicles for a different line on the show??

I don't see it being very popula with the the Old Skool but given that it's Anime...the New Skool will probably dig it...never liked Anime...don't think I ever will.... Thumbs Down

The MASS Device
09-17-2005, 10:40 AM
"Rise of the Robots" was definitely foreshadowed as a major plot-line in the episode, taking off where Valor vs Venom left Overkill seeking to de-throne CC and the "organics." Can't say I'm too wild about the idea.

CGC
09-17-2005, 10:45 AM
I didn't like it. I missed th irst two episodes but caught todays.

...snip

You've only missed one episode. The preview 3 weeks ago was the same as episode one that aired last week.

Kann
09-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Hawk's back. yay :cool:

SharpShot
09-17-2005, 11:54 AM
"Rise of the Robots" was definitely foreshadowed as a major plot-line in the episode, taking off where Valor vs Venom left Overkill seeking to de-throne CC and the "organics." Can't say I'm too wild about the idea.

Maybe that power struggle between Overkill's machines and CC will lead to Cobra's greater reliance on human troopers???

yo-man2
09-17-2005, 12:16 PM
anyone have this episode online for me to watch, i missed it

Obiwanjacoby
09-17-2005, 01:08 PM
It's Anime first, GIJoe second.

Some can deal with that, others can't.:cool:

I'm pretty used to it though. What they're doing is starting it up like every other anime series. It's a tried & true formula. US producers are comfy with that.

Any new anime series released in the US usually starts the same way. It introduces all the major players, and then slowly. . . very slowly "develops".

There will be a main storyline through the series (Cobra's once-a-week plot to rule the world), and then subplots centered around one or two characters. Later on down the line, they'll do something featuring Long Range's cousin Skippy or something.

The reason why I like this is because it's more realistic (please put down the brick and read on) in the sense that Cobra isn't having a climactic battle every-single-freakin'-episode. They're taking time for honest character development. And everyone will get a fair shake instead of just focusing on Snake-Eyes (like in the comic), or say, Dusty & Roadblock (Sunbow).

They're going to be "interacting with the world" more often instead of huddled in their HQ all the time. And plotlines will have time to "cook up", making the final battle much more engaging.

You know, like a good comic book.;)

-PJ

Obiwanjacoby
09-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Maybe that power struggle between Overkill's machines and CC will lead to Cobra's greater reliance on human troopers???

It's really a tough production call for a kid's show.

Should we. . .

(a.) Have human Cobra troops getting "missed" and hit with paintballs, knocked over cartoon debris, or simply "retreating"? Alot more punching, alot less guns?

All I'm saying is, remember the "manditory parachutes". ;)

OR

(b.) Have an artificial opponent you can actually shoot, looks more menacing than a human (a kind of Terminator robot), and leaves the bad guys with a tangible (though bloodless) loss?

-PJ

thorn
09-17-2005, 01:20 PM
im watching it right now, not bad, keeping in mind it is made for kids, it's really pretty decent

evil_henchman
09-17-2005, 01:28 PM
I just moved from the pacific time zone to the central time zone and still have no clue at what time this show comes on. Anyone in Texas have some accurate times for me?

TheReverend
09-17-2005, 03:13 PM
Wasnt on my local fox station today (In S.th AZ) :confused: -- I 'm bummed. No new shows were on...All they had on was a couple episodes of the Littles, and some weird inspector gadget show...

Guess I start scouring the bittorrent sites for a avi copy of it to download...

CGC
09-17-2005, 05:09 PM
I just moved from the pacific time zone to the central time zone and still have no clue at what time this show comes on. Anyone in Texas have some accurate times for me?

Wasnt on my local fox station today (In S.th AZ) :confused: -- I 'm bummed. No new shows were on...All they had on was a couple episodes of the Littles, and some weird inspector gadget show...

Guess I start scouring the bittorrent sites for a avi copy of it to download...

It was on at 10 am CDT this week & last week, I think that will be the regular time for it. I think the preview was at 8:30 though.

the scarecrow
09-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Spoilers

Scott

storyline

only

In the time honored tradition of Japanese animation, Hawk's 16 year old son Scott joins the cast. Scott whines a little about Hawk's
ineptitude as a father; then Duke, always the peacemaker, offers Scott a G.I. Joe communication device. After the pleasing surprise of General Abernathy, post Valor vs. Venom continuity, this episode veers into traditional anime with the aforementioned Scott. In Captured, kids are a plenty with Scott's friends also making an appearance.

I'm sure some of you are shuddering but don't worry. The plot progresses strongly toward "Robot Rebellion" with Scott hacking fish bowl Over-Kill's computer network for his robotic dog. See, Scott needs nano-plasm to invigorate his robotic dog, Spud?, so he can win a science fair. His nano-plasm does not work so he decides why not just steal some ideas from the military? Earlier in the hospital, he "borrowed" Hawk's ID card and searches the GI Joe database only to stumble into Cobra's system. The password sequence tugs at the heart.

Meanwhile, Overkill's planning a coup d’etat to overthrow the recently freed Cobra Commander and rule the world with a synthetic robot army. Although, as he muses to himself, the nano-plasm he's working on hasn't been perfected yet. Without it, his army cannot run to optimum efficiency. Over-Kill's not to pleased with Scott so he sends an Overlord BAT with some BAT Troopers to end Scott's debut. Scott whipped up some nano-goop and feeds it to the robot dog. Later, BATS arrive to make short work of Scott. He recognizes the BATS with a flashback, then realizes BATS= Cobra. Scott’s about to join B-television heaven when his robot dog awakens and saves Scott with super doggy robot strength! Overkill, watching the whole thing through the Overlord, gives the command not to kill Scott but capture him and the robot dog. Overkill figures Scott's made some changes to the nano formula... FINIS

Onslaught Six
09-17-2005, 07:37 PM
I'd like the bring back the point about BATs not bleeding.

Now, this is a problem I've always had with robots in general--especially Transformers. Theoretically, these guys might have different types of fluids running through them--to keep their joints running effectively, to keep them working properly, to connect them to the CPUs, etc.

So theoretically when they get shot or pieces get chopped off, these fluids would spray out, similar to blood, right?

It's brilliant. It's the same effect as blood, except even cooler because you can make it yellow, bright turquoise, neon green, dark green, deep purple, or any other colour you want.

Mr.MojoRisin
09-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Anybody been recording these? I've missed them all so far and would love to see them.

tstorm_75
09-18-2005, 10:33 AM
I like the cartoon as a whole. The one thing that was kinda stupid was the fact that the super Bat as not only able to fly, with no wings, but also carry a hiss tank while doing it.

Obiwanjacoby
09-18-2005, 12:33 PM
I'd like the bring back the point about BATs not bleeding.

You know what I meant. . .;)

It's brilliant. It's the same effect as blood, except even cooler because you can make it yellow, bright turquoise, neon green, dark green, deep purple, or any other colour you want.

I'm totally cool with that.

-PJ

Obiwanjacoby
09-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Spoilers

Scott

storyline

only

In the time honored tradition of Japanese animation, Hawk's 16 year old son Scott joins the cast.

I cool with that. . .as long as he doesn't become an actual "Joe".

If he becomes the next "Mutt", I am so outta there.

-PJ

Onslaught Six
09-18-2005, 12:43 PM
*waits for Scott to start piloting the ROCC as if he's been doing it all his life while wearing a greenshirt uniform.*