Sigma Six just got about ten pounds awesomer. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma Six just got about ten pounds awesomer.

Onslaught Six
09-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Cobra Commander? (Apparently wearing that new 3 3/4" figure we've seen protos of--so Hasbro 'is' planning on doing smaller versions of some of the S6 designs) Dreadnoks? Hawk? Overkill?

Honestly, I see now why Cobra has nothing but BATs on their side--it makes sense. Sigma Six's storyline seems to be leaning towards the Robot Rebellion storyline. Lotsa BATs, Overkill's hooked up to crap, 'and' he's planning on overthrowing Cobra Commander. Sounds like a Robot Rebellion to me.

Now, bad points:

1) The dog, bah. Isn't needed. I'd lump the kid into this also, but the fact that he acts all badass and angsty in front of everybody and turns out to be a total geek is hilarious.

2) Hi-Tech referred to it as the "R.O.C.C." Excuse me, but I thought all the vehicles were 'acronyms'? As in, you'd pronounce it "Rock," and a HISS would be "Hiss," etc.

3) Why is it that all two episodes thus far have had huge scenes involving Duke falling from large distances? Who's he think he is, Daredevil?

4) While I do like the fact that Cobra Commander is back and everything, the helmet-over-hood idea doesn't really work for me. Faceplate, man!!

Aside from that, s'all good.

Obiwanjacoby
09-17-2005, 01:42 PM
1) The dog, bah. Isn't needed. I'd lump the kid into this also, but the fact that he acts all badass and angsty in front of everybody and turns out to be a total geek is hilarious.

I liked that part too.

I'm wondering if he's going to be one of those permanent "sideline" characters like on other anime programs. They're not really "sidekicks", they're just. . .there. Something for the main characters to have something to interact with. Like. . .permanent victims or something.

2) Hi-Tech referred to it as the "R.O.C.C." Excuse me, but I thought all the vehicles were 'acronyms'? As in, you'd pronounce it "Rock," and a HISS would be "Hiss," etc.

He's a techie. I'm sure once Heavy Duty & Long Range get it out in the field, they'll shorten it.

3) Why is it that all two episodes thus far have had huge scenes involving Duke falling from large distances? Who's he think he is, Daredevil?

You know. . .you're right!

The thing is, I really-really enjoy watching Duke fall!:D

4) While I do like the fact that Cobra Commander is back and everything, the helmet-over-hood idea doesn't really work for me. Faceplate, man!!

I'm slowly getting used to it.:rolleyes: I grew up with so many head variants that it's no issue for me.

-PJ