Rate the New Sigma Six Figures 1 through 5 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Rate the New Sigma Six Figures 1 through 5

The MASS Device
09-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Granted, I haven't actually held these figures in my hand, but after looking at many pics and mulling over whether or not to buy any, I have decided that I like them in the following order:

1. Spirit -- if that bow actually shoots a decent arrow, then that is one of the coolest accessories ever. It looks sweet and would have some real play value. This figure takes advantage of the new size with a sweet accessory. I like the cotton pants too, though some will disagree with me on this one. It's just too bad he doesn't have a gun. And when will we see him in the cartoon?

2. Roadblo . . . err, Heavy Duty -- just looks impressively huge. And I hear that the gun actually spins -- another good use of the large size, allowing for cooler accessories (of course at the expense of cool vehicles, but I won't get into that again). Can I take that breather strip off of his nose? I guess I could just leave the goggles on and hope they cover.

3. Storm Shadow -- I just like the figures with pants better than the non-pant versions. The nun-chuks looks sweet too.

4. Snake Eyes -- he is low on the totem poll because he is so dang skinny and looks like a robot to me. I'm just not too impressed with this figure. Also, some reviews have said that he doesn't hold some of his items as well as others.

5. Duke -- definitely will not get this figure. The eyes are way too big and his accessories are just plain weird. Maybe kids will like Duke, but the figure is almost as bad as his monotone voice in the cartoon. Definitely not pulling me in.

I am undecided on whether or not to get any of these. I look forward to seein them for myself in stores. I will have to decide then if I will waste any of my money on the 8" line.

nikke
09-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I am kind of liking the Sigma 6 line. I'll agree with you Mass Device on Snake Eyes and Duke...he does look like a robot. These figures remind me of that movie umm....Toy Soldiers was it??? Can not decide if to get them or not :confused:

The Buffalo Soldier
09-19-2005, 06:36 PM
I won't be buying any of the Sigma Six crap until/unless it goes on deep, deep clearance. But if I absolutely had to buy one figure in the series it would probably be Heavy Duty, simply because he is the largest and his weapon (and maybe his hands if they can be transplanted) might have some 1/6th scale kitbashing potential. I'm primarily a 12" Collector, so I only consider these sets worthwhile in terms of how the accessories might be adapted for use in the larger scale. Ultimately I think most of it is going to be useless to me, so even at clearance prices I may still pass.

joebahama
09-19-2005, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't get any for myself but my eight year old brother wants Storm shadow. He doesn't like the 3 3/4" but he wants this, go figure.

CGC
09-19-2005, 08:15 PM
I don't think I'll be getting anything from wave 1, but I'll get a B.A.T. when they come out. Probably one or two of each kind that is released - they'll fit right into my Joeverse (Mindbender's Monstro-BATs!). I've also been thinking about getting a CC when he's released. That could possibly be CC's personal Mech-armor. Nevermind the fact that I can't actually put him in there, these are toys after all, so I'm gonna use my imagination a little every now & then. :p

ttfndude
09-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Well, I don't think these guys are worth 15 dollars that's for sure. I would probably buy stormshadow or snake-eyes, if I bought any but I doubt I do I am sure my nephews would like them they liked the MOTU crap they put out a couple years back. Have you seen the hover cycle that's pretty wicked cool though.

TheReverend
09-19-2005, 11:43 PM
I voted Spirit. Although Heavy D. is a close second.

I'm picking up Both of them ASAP.

If I end up liking them I imagine I'll also pick up S.E, at some point in time.

Prob. going to pass on Stormy and Duke. Neither of them really does it for me...

Diablerie
09-19-2005, 11:52 PM
I don't like them but I am sure I will buy them because I aparently have to have everthing.

NightViperOne
09-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Well, I am going to get inveriably slapped around for my choices it seems. First, let me say that I do agree... the prices are way too much. But I read somewhere recently that hasbro is rethinking the prices due to pre-shipping complaints they have been getting since the price was announced. Like I said, that's just what I rewad... can't verify if it's true or not.

Anyhow, here is my countdown of the best Sigma 6 (which, BTW, I DO plan on getting):

5) Heavy Duty

4) Duke

3) Spirit

2) Storm Shadow

1) Snake-Eyes

I don't know... some may say Snake looks like a robot, but I simply think it is a seriosuly well detailed anime look. But then again, as I said... that's just my opinion. Not everyone can be as perfect as me. :p

-Jim

PS: I kid, I kid!!

Clutch II
09-20-2005, 12:41 AM
well when i was at my local TRU today i viewed these guys up close they had em all,and to be honest i will not be buying them they look like the Lego Knights Kingdom Bionicle type figures but in G.I.Joe form they are in one word "Blocky" they do not look real they do not look good they look like Robots pure and simple.

NightViperOne
09-20-2005, 02:40 AM
They're in the stores already!? Gotta see them! I will make my final decision when I do.

-Jim

flywheels
09-20-2005, 07:24 AM
I too voted for Storm Shadow. I actually held all but SS & SE in my hands this past weekend @ my local KB. I'll spend $15 for one to try them out, but no way was I going to pay KB's asking $20 price.

Duke does look odd, esp. w/ his puffy cloth vest. Heavy Duty is BIG and heavy, looks kinda freakish to me. Spirit does look intriguing. He may be worth the purchase, definately has some of the better accessories. Can't comment on the other 2 since they didn't have them, but Storm Shadow is my early fav.

Definately liked what I saw in the current issue of ToyFare though. Cobra Commander looks odd w/ a helmet over his hood, but the battle armor is a nice touch. The Ninja B.A.T. looked great! Too bad we have to wait for spring of next year to see those in person...

YELSEW
09-20-2005, 06:30 PM
I am going to pass on them completely. I have decided to keep buying collections to try and complete my collecting goals. I just have no room for anything but 3 3/4" right now. I am trying to make a BAT army (new and old styles) to compare with some of the ones I have seen on here, so any extra money I have will go to buying more BATS. Plus, I want to beef up my favorite aspect of GI JOE which is my winter forces. Hopefully, the new snow serpent will be as awesome as it looks!