Somebody call Lifeline! Sigma Six's vitals are fading fast. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Somebody call Lifeline! Sigma Six's vitals are fading fast.

Desslar
09-24-2005, 03:38 AM
Saturday 9/17 11 AM ratings for 6-11 year olds:

Lilo & Stitch 3.3
Johnny Test 3.2
Bill & Mandy 3.1
Suite Life of Zack & Cody 2.1
G.I. Joe Sigma Six 0.9

That was just brutal. 0.9???? Way to honor our men in uniform. Are today's kids secretly commies?

The MASS Device
09-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah, that doesn't look good. If it's not a hit with the kiddies and it certainly doesn't seem to be a hit with us, the show won't see a second season.

Obiwanjacoby
09-24-2005, 02:09 PM
LOL!!! That was a great comment!

It's new, I'm sure it'll pick up.

-PJ

Way to honor our men in uniform. Are today's kids secretly commies?

Clutch II
09-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Way to honor our men in uniform. Are today's kids secretly commies?

actually it was the company that produced that garbage that insulted our men in uniform.

MikePrime
09-24-2005, 08:59 PM
actually it was the company that produced that garbage that insulted our men in uniform.

Agreed. Giving in to peer pressure, the anime look, caused a very poor cartoon to be produced.

crowinghorse
09-24-2005, 09:38 PM
what else is on at that time?

That may play a part in it...

Also, I'm a former US Marine and I'm not insulted by the fact that the dialogue sucks, the theme is too "sci-fi" and not enough "oo-rah". The writers and producers are the reason it's not a hit, NOT the kids...

Kids would probably love it...if it was better written...

Oh, and I personally think the anime look is great, but again, looks aren't everything...

A beautiful DUMB girl isn't that beautiful after 10 minutes of terrible conversation!

Desslar
09-25-2005, 12:45 AM
what else is on at that time?

That may play a part in it...!

I listed the 11 AM lineup above.

Kids would probably love it...if it was better written...!

I don't know, pure action shows don't score too high theses days. Almost all the biggest hits are Nickelodeon comedy toons.

A beautiful DUMB girl isn't that beautiful after 10 minutes of terrible conversation

Yeah, but why are you wasting your time talking?

the joe bandit
09-25-2005, 01:25 AM
Kids would probably love it...if it was better written...

Oh, and I personally think the anime look is great, but again, looks aren't everything...

A beautiful DUMB girl isn't that beautiful after 10 minutes of terrible conversation!

I have to agree. the style is not a problem, that is cartoons now days. I liked the one that followed it, "One Piece" It atleast had some action, a little plot, and some interesting charachters. Sigma Six had robots, a big laser, and that is about it.

Angry Beef
09-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Most the anime on tv is based on Japanese Manga and are pretty must straight adaptations of the comics. This is Manga popular enough to be made into anime so the material is more likely to be good to begin with.

Sigma 6 is just a show. If they maybe updated and rewrote the source material (Hama's comics) it might be a hit. Like the 90s X-men toon.

Richard J.
09-27-2005, 01:55 AM
What were the ratings for the shows before and after Sigma 6? It definately seems to be getting killed in it's timeslot, but what about Fox's 4 Kids lineup itself? Are the other shows getting good ratings and only Sigma 6 is hurting or what?

And where are you getting those numbers from anyway? Website or what?

Richard J.

Dreadnok4life
09-27-2005, 03:34 AM
I think there are two reasons why the ratings are so low. #1: The Cartoon sucks. #2: It's on way too late. 11:00am is late for a Saturday morning cartoon. All of the families I know (I don't have kids) are out of the house by then playing soccer, football, softball, etc. tournaments or going to visit Grandma. The ratings drop as it get's later in the day because less people are watching television.