DTC wave 2 Snow Serpent (possible) variant? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : DTC wave 2 Snow Serpent (possible) variant?

Cavalry Man
09-24-2005, 12:44 PM
I found what I believe to be a possible variant on this figure. I ordered two cases of the wave 2 figures along with 8 more Snow Serpents. And I noticed that all the individual Snow Serpents have the Cobra logo on the side of their RIGHT arms. But all four of the Snow Serpents that came from the cases have the Cobra logo on the front of the LEFT arms (just like the v1 Snow Serpent). Does anyone else have any like this? Check your cases and then your single cards and post your responses. Thanks.

Patrick A. Riley
09-24-2005, 01:05 PM
2 from a case: both logos on the right arm

Jeff Bohn
09-24-2005, 05:36 PM
Same here, I noticed Fred's review on JBL has his on the opposite side as the ones I got, so already noted that as a variation.

http://www.joebattlelines.com/reviews/toys/dtc/snowserpent.htm

http://www.yojoe.com/action/05/snowserpent7.shtml

Jeff

CGC
10-01-2005, 10:35 AM
I ordered 2, & got one of each. Is it looking like one version is more common than the other? One thing I noticed, at least on the figs I got, the fig with the sigil on his left arm has it on the front of the arm, and the fig with the right arm sigil has it on the side of his arm.

Cavalry Man
10-01-2005, 03:11 PM
I ordered 2, & got one of each. Is it looking like one version is more common than the other? One thing I noticed, at least on the figs I got, the fig with the sigil on his left arm has it on the front of the arm, and the fig with the right arm sigil has it on the side of his arm.

Yep, that's exactly how they are. I figure that the one variant with the sigil on his left arm is a clever little nod to the v1 of the Snow Serpent. I'm guessing that one will be more common than the other.
I believe that the one with the sigil on the side of its right arm will be more common than the other. As I have 8 figures with the sigil on its right arm and 4 (from the cases) have the sigil on the front of their left arms.