Sigma 6 = Robot Rebellion? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma 6 = Robot Rebellion?

jeffsull
09-24-2005, 10:18 PM
I know many have noted the elements of a "robot rebellion" in the Sigma 6 episodes, but I wonder if the Sigma 6 cartoon was actually intended to be a Robot Rebellion series based on 3.75" scale (titled something creative like G.I. Joe: Robot Rebellion).

The facts:
- The Sigma 6 cartoon features 3.75" vehicles such as the Ice Sabre, ROCC, RHINO, and Armored Mechs
- The cartoon also features some characters resembling their Valor vs. Venom likenesses (Overkill, Jinx, Snake-Eyes sort of...)
- The DTC BAT 6 pack contains BATS that look EXACTLY like the BATS featured on Sigma 6
- The prototype Cobra Commander we've seen on eBay looks like the Sigma 6 version

I'm suggesting that the cartoon was originally supposed to be a tie-in with the 3.75" Robot Rebillion line. At some point after production of the cartoon started, Hasbro came up with the 8" Sigma 6 figures and just made the title of the cartoon "Sigma 6". Except for the intro, do we ever see a Sigma 6 logo during the cartoon? I can't think of any. Duke mentions the term "Sigma Six" once or twice in the first episode, but then never again.

Why is there an 8" Spirit figure available already, but no Tunnel Rat or Hi Tech? Because the Sigma 6 toys and cartoon aren't really aligned with each other. I wonder if sometime soon we'll see DTC 3.75" versions of Scarlett, Hi Tech, Tunnel Rat, etc. that look like the cartoon versions.

This is just a rambling theory bouncing in my head on a late Saturday night. Does anyone have any insider knowledge to confirm or refute any of this?

WarAngel
09-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I've thought the same thing, I think thats how it was planned.

The storyline just looks like RR.

Onslaught Six
09-26-2005, 04:12 PM
I theorize this, but calling the show "Robot Rebellion" would obviously limit it for future plotlines and seasons.

I mean, if (God forbid according to some) Sigma Six becomes successful, they're gonna have to come up with plotlines beyond Robot Rebellion.

Dreadnok4life
09-27-2005, 02:48 AM
I theorize this, but calling the show "Robot Rebellion" would obviously limit it for future plotlines and seasons.

I mean, if (God forbid according to some) Sigma Six becomes successful, they're gonna have to come up with plotlines beyond Robot Rebellion.

I don't think Hasbro has to worry about Sigma Six being successful at this point. :D