Would Joe Fans rather have nothing? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Would Joe Fans rather have nothing?

SharpShot
09-27-2005, 02:59 AM
Let me get this straight...

So in 94 when Savage (and later Extreme) was introduced everyone screamed "THIS IS NOT GIJOE!"

Both lines failed and we happily sat around for another 3 years waiting for Hasbro to resurrect 3 3/4" Joe.

We finally get what we wanted, only to complain about everything that came our way.

We hate the comics, we hate the toys, we hate everything that Hasbro does!!!

Now that Hasbro bothered to spend the money on a Sigma Six cartoon, we hate that too.

Many say "Well, Sigma Six isn't GIJOE."

So I guess Duke, Scarlett, Snake-Eyes, CC, Destro and the Baroness aren't GIJOE???

For me Sigma Six is still a representation of 3 3/4" GIJOE regardless of how Hasbro tries to market their action figures.

It might not be the best toon I've ever seen, but at least it's something.

I dread the days where all there is to do is check the ebay auctions...

I'm going to enjoy seeing GIJOE on Saturday mornings for as long as it last!

Clutch II
09-27-2005, 03:09 AM
lets face it look at what G.I.Joe has to offer lately, H.A.S. 6 packs,yuck,Night Watch 6 packs :D ,Shadow guard :D ,Sigma 6,yuck,DTC a bit of a mixed blessing,and i'd have to say that the recent items compared to the 91-03 items is way better(with sigma 6 being the obvious exception),so do i have something to complain about G.I.Joe now?no just to say keep the troop builders coming :D

Clutch II
09-27-2005, 03:12 AM
oh to answer your question if i had a choice between Sigma 6 or Nothing...i'd take Nothing anyday sigma 6 in my opinion is pure garbage and an insult to the very spirit of G.I.Joe.

Dreadnok4life
09-27-2005, 03:30 AM
I didn't complain about the VvV or other newer 3 3/4" lines. I do think the DD comics suck. And the cartoon is horrible. To answer your question.. Yes I'd rather have no Joe than Sigma Six.

skinny
09-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Ok, I love gijoe so much that i have a cobra logo on my Mustang's hood. Sigma Six? I hate it but I watch. I have never liked anime. Look how many fans of Teen Titans don't watch just for that reason. I will put up with Sigma six for one reason only and that is it keeps GIJoe alive. Remember GIJoe wasn't a network show before either it was syndicated and on every weekday It was great for me to plop down in front of the TV right after school for the one two punch of Joe and Transformers. Remember Sgt Savage? GIJoe Extreme? This too shall pass. The 12 inch fans are sitting smugly watching us fret just as they did way back in the 80's but guess what? They still collect. How is this possible? Because we kept the line alive for them. So hopefully that kid next to you in the toy aisle will be buying Sigma Six and staring at the TV on Sat morning, even if you don't.

Clutch II
09-27-2005, 05:01 PM
no kids buying the Sigma 6 line here at my local TRU and what it looks like is no one is buying them,but i'm still getting the 3 3/4 line :D

Clutch II
09-27-2005, 05:06 PM
So hopefully that kid next to you in the toy aisle will be buying Sigma Six and staring at the TV on Sat morning, even if you don't.

by the way this will not support the 3.25" line since if sales of the 8" dolls go thru the roof Hasbro will switch everything over to them and abandon the 3.25" Action figure line,so if you want to support the 3.25" line do not buy Sigma 6 and buy only 3.25" stuff.(but if you don't buy the H.A.S. we'll understand)

cutter27
09-27-2005, 06:19 PM
by the way this will not support the 3.25" line since if sales of the 8" dolls go thru the roof Hasbro will switch everything over to them and abandon the 3.25" Action figure line,so if you want to support the 3.25" line do not buy Sigma 6 and buy only 3.25" stuff.(but if you don't buy the H.A.S. we'll understand)

i look for my tru to start discounting sigma sux pretty soon, 'cuz there's just as much of it on the shelves as there was a month ago and it's getting dusty... but they seem to have "magically" found new stock of morays, desert humvees, shadow guard, imperial procession, arctic ops, and desert coyotes last week... :D

MikePrime
09-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Well, this being the "Cartoon and Movies" forum, I thought it would only be about the Sigma 6 cartoon. I think it's ridiculous to assume that everyone hates the new 3 3/4" line and the new comics, in addition to the new cartoon.

If it's between Sigma 6 and nothing, I'll take nothing.

I approach this cartoon in the same manner that I approach the last three TF series. My policy is, just because it's Transformers, it doesn't mean that I have to like it or even watch it. My fandom ends at Beast Wars and I only buy the Alternator toy line. It's the same with G.I. Joe. I am a G.I. Joe fan, but I will not watch Sigma 6. Heck, I can't because it's just so bad. If it were a good cartoon, of Justice League Unlimited quality, I'd watch the show. But, it's not. I also don't care for the toys either.

I do like the new 3 3/4" figures and I also like the DD comics.

heavy_water
09-27-2005, 07:46 PM
I refute your argument with a link to the cheesiest (I had other words but I fear the moderators) Tunnel Rat ever, the Tunnel Rat from Sigma Six:

http://4kids.tv/sigma6/characters/tunnelrat.php

Patrick A. Riley
09-27-2005, 08:22 PM
So far, people seem to prefer the DiC cartoon to Sigma 6 (need more votes though) ;)
http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=29858

Falcone
09-27-2005, 09:34 PM
i dont like the new sculpt stuff, i dont like ANY of the comics and i dont like the new cartoon. and i did not ask for any of them.
i asked for ARAH style figs and i got them with the 6 packs