GIJoe Movie = Reality Check... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : GIJoe Movie = Reality Check...

The Faceless Master
09-29-2005, 10:38 PM
I strongly agree with what RichardJ had to say on HERE
<see post #30> so here is a new thing that we should ponder on...

Let say whatever Hollywood studio it is that decides to produce the GIJoe
movie can afford 4 well-known actors ONLY

- 2 to play the roles of GIJoe characters
+
- 2 to play the roles of Cobra characters

everybody else will be unknown canadian or european or australian actors
or something... so my questions:
1> who will the 4 characters be, &
2> who should play them?

*plz note, this thread is different from the previous GIJoe movie thread
If you want 20 major multi million dollar actors & actresses playing all the
roles imaginable, ala Sin City casting Jim Caviziel as Raptor & Kevin Spacey
Crystal Ball or something to that effect, by all means go ahead & post on
that one*

ttfndude
09-29-2005, 10:57 PM
I got it. Obviously folks like Snake-eyes and storm shadow could be lower scale actors. Even Cobra Commander could be a voice actor with a body double for stunts. The four major ones you have to have would be:

Duke(since even for nonfans he is senonymous to G.I. Joe)
Scarlet (someone hot and in favor of good coverage with press)
Dr. Mindbender (could perform an awesome story arc if you have the right actor)
Baroness (conteracts the bright side of Scarlet you know red pop, and another female for nonfans to want to see)

I think these would be best. Even for Destro you could have a B-lister giving a great performance like Keven Nash (did you see him in Punisher and the Longest Yard)

That's what I think the four would be. To fill those positions not sure yet I'll post my decisions tomorrow.

P.S. Director would be key

Falcone
09-30-2005, 01:07 AM
i agree alot with ttfn, duke and scarlett would have to be the joes and for cobra serpentor(if it involved him) and if not dr mindbender and the other cobra would have to be baroness. any character with the faces coverd would have to be played by lesser known actors.

duke-?
scarlett-?
serpentor- russel crow (i had to get him in somewhere and he wouldnt make a good duke or crazed doctor)
dr mindbender-?
baroness- angelina jolie

Clutch II
09-30-2005, 01:50 AM
ok the top 4 characters will be
Destro
Baroness
Duke
Scarlett
Draft picks not picked with reasons why are:
Snake eyes(an extra can play him,he wears a mask and doesn't speak,might have a cameo if they show what happened)
Cobra Commander same as Snake eyes,why spend money on a faceless person,but Gary Oldman would be a great CC i still think

by the way the reason i think Gary Oldman would be a great CC is because i remember this scene he did in this movie where he was a cop and Jean Reno was an assassin Gary says "Bring Me Everyone" when he wanted all of the cops it was so CC.

orionlukteel
09-30-2005, 01:34 PM
I'd think even Destro could be a faceless actor.

My four would be

Duke - as much as I'm a fan of his, I don't think Viggo was cut out for this part. How about Jeff Bohn? I mean, his avatar looks just LIKE Duke! LOL
Seriously, though, I'm thinking (a) Josh Lucas (kind of a McConaghey look alike) or (b) Kevin Sorbo. LOL

Hawk - Roy Scheider or Jeremy Irons

Roadblock - It's been said a million times, but I'd still go with Michael Clarke Duncan. It'll never happen, though.

Baroness - Cher :eek: no, SOOOOO kidding. I hate to overuse Angelina Jolie, but that would be a movie she might or might not do after "Sky Captain"

and just for fun,

Zarana - played by Pink :D

For Scarlett, I'd rather see a noname or low profile redhead - like Anneliese van der Pol (yes, from "That's So Raven"). Do a google image search and you'll see why. Or Kimberly Williams-Paisley with a dye job. OR better yet, Dina Meyer. Yummmm.:p

Clutch II
09-30-2005, 02:46 PM
but what do you guys think of Gary Oldman playing CC if your not sure watch the Profesional with him and Jean Reno and a very young Natalie Portman in her debut.

Obiwanjacoby
09-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Hawk - Roy Scheider or Jeremy Irons

That. . .is not only brilliant, but has to be two of the most original ideas I have heard in a long time!

And that's saying alot, because I hate these threads.;)

-PJ

orionlukteel
09-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Good grief - I totally forgot my ace for Baroness -

I don't know how many people remember the TV series Space: Above and Beyond, but Kristen Cloke (Vansen) would make a KILLER Baroness.

And thanks for the compliment, PJ, but unfortunately I'm an engineer and not a casting agent. :p

The Faceless Master
09-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Roadblock - It's been said a million times, but I'd still go with Michael Clarke Duncan. It'll never happen, though.
Could still be a possibility!! Even just a two line rhyme cameo
ala Sin City

LOL!!!!

I myself have been hard pressed to answer my OWN question
the only definitive casting that I would NEED TO HAVE is
- Monica Belucci as the Baroness...

Onslaught Six
10-01-2005, 11:15 AM
baroness- angelina jolie

Dear God, no. That chick is ugly as sin.

Her lips are friggin' *huge.* Yick.

Anyway. If it was at all possible I'd wish that CC would be played by Random Body Double Guy with a voice over from Chris Latta--but alas, that's not to be. :(

The idea of Nash being Destro is actually rather intriguing--I hadn't thought about that. Again, a voice over job would have to be done, though with who I have no idea.

ttfndude
10-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Actually if you follow wrestling he did a character some time back that totally was a Destro voice. I actually thought of that when I heard but this was back in the day. I think he would bring the total package.

ttfndude

toyguytn
10-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Two Joes and Two cobras eh? Money no object on the four?

Duke- Howie Long
Gung Ho- Adam Baldwin

Baroness-Rachel Weisz
Zartan- Mel Gibson

The Faceless Master
10-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Duke = Kurt Russell
Scarlett = Julianne Moore <a stretch I KNOW>
*special mention*
Snake Eyes = Ray Park

Baroness = Monica Belucci
Tomax AND Xamot = Johhny Depp
*special mention*
Storm Shadow = Seraph from the Matrix 2 & 3

Angry Beef
10-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Duke- Matthew Mccaughney (or HOWEVER you spell it) He can do action and he can do charismatic.
Scarlet- Jessica Biel or Kate from "Lost".

CC- Gary Oldman can do crazy like no one else.
Destro- Tim Roth totally different take from the imposing figure we are used but he could pull off honorable villian.
(a little Rosencrantz and Guildenstern reunion)

heavy_water
10-12-2005, 11:03 AM
I submitted an idea for the new GI Joe movie making it into a comedy.
http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?p=155048#post155048

Bravo
10-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Duke: Kurt Russell
Shipwreck: Jason Lee

Also
Scarlett: Dina Meyer

Cobra Commander: John Glover (Lionel Luthor from Smallville...so he's not a big name....)
Baroness: another vote for Monica Bellucci

Also
Destro: the Mummy from the mummy movies...er...his name is Arnold Vosloo