Can't delete posts now either? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Can't delete posts now either?

Patrick A. Riley
10-01-2005, 08:07 AM
First the "New Post" indicators get all screwed up and now we can't delete posts? It's bad enough that we can't delete our own threads, but now we can't delete replies either?

Who's responsible for this mess? :mad:

This had better be temporary. Why has no one explained these changes yet?

The Faceless Master
10-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Hey Patrick

if you want one of your posts deleted, just PM me the link & which message#
K? :D

Steve
10-01-2005, 10:00 AM
This feature has been disabled for regular users as it is a liability for us. If someone posted something that was inappropriate and then deleted it, we would have no proof.

Patrick A. Riley
10-01-2005, 02:03 PM
All I delete are my "bump" posts so as to not to make the threads too cluttered. But oh well.

I thought upgrades were meant to improve, not make worse and inconvenience

Steve
10-01-2005, 03:45 PM
So don't "bump" a thread and all is good. ;)

Druss
10-01-2005, 05:15 PM
This type of policy is really quite common on forums, its meant to protect the forum. I can understand wanting to delete your own bump posts and the like but those really don't hurt anything and any other thread can easily be removed by asking a mod.

Magna Prime
10-01-2005, 09:42 PM
So this bulletin board software doesn't have some logs or other methods of keeping track of deleted posts? Cause it just seems that now the person just has to edit their post as opposed to deleting it.

dmooretoys
10-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Yoooooooo Joe!

Looks like I got out just in time...

Dan

thunt4
10-03-2005, 06:52 AM
Although I see how this could be good this doesn't give a person a chance to delete a spur of the moment thought. I am sorry but even the best of us get mad and type something we shouldn't. I know I have done it many times and gone back within 10 seconds after rereading it and deleted things. I mean by making a person wait you are only asking for more problems. Instead of maybe one person reading your response now you have to wait till a mod reads it which could be a long time and till then it could turn into some flame war.I am sure the answer will be proofread what you say before you post it but when you are upset you post fast and there you go.

Patrick A. Riley
10-03-2005, 09:23 AM
OK then. Mods delete this thread! ;)

CGC
10-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Although I see how this could be good this doesn't give a person a chance to delete a spur of the moment thought.

...snip
Good point, but there's still the option to go back and edit your post. Even if you don't see any way to fix it, you can change it to something like "please disregard this post" - as long as it's more than 10 charactors long.

Druss
10-03-2005, 10:21 AM
I know some forum software will allow people to edit/delete within a certain amount of time but one that window has passed its no longer a option. I can't say for sure if that is the case here though.