Today's S6, Oct. 1 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Today's S6, Oct. 1

CGC
10-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Well, first thing I noticed was all the S6 toy commercials this morning. I had FoxKids on about an hour before it was on, and they looked pretty good.

So, the name Sigma 6 was based on Tunnel Rat's t-i-c suggestion...

Overkill seems to be getting more & more like a super-villian, :rolleyes:

Duke finally called the R.O.C.C. the Rock.

The "Cobra Coast", huh? sounds like a hot tourist spot. ;)

The helicopter from the R.O.C.C. converts to a sub? Does the toy do that too?

I see Storm Shadow is still running with his arms sticking out behind him

Cool! Zartan is actually turning invisable!, but I'm not buying it that he got his butt kicked by Duke...

My overall rating for today:
I liked it. Good action scenes, good plugs for the toys. It does seem to have a more noticeable anime influence than it did at first, but it's not overwhelming yet.

Onslaught Six
10-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Ehh. I could buy Zartan getting hit. Duke's got that super suit so he could actually see him--and at the time Zartan was all cocky doing his "You can't see me!" deal.

crowinghorse
10-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Agreed...it had a bit more action, we finally get to see where the cheesy name comes from...which it really isn't so cheesy after all (at least IMO) and Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow fight again...cool....

I really hope they make Zartan and Destro into figures...the figures got me turned on to the cartoon, not the other way around, so I enjoy watching it...though the script still needs a bit of work - I'd say this is better than the last two weeks' espisodes...

Oh, and Snake Eyes in his "sigma suit" is just too cool... :D :D
can't wait to see Heavy Duty put on his... :D

Obiwanjacoby
10-01-2005, 01:09 PM
I guess everyone on the WC gets to miss it because of baseball. :mad:

-PJ

Obiwanjacoby
10-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Wait. . .it's been apparently bumped to 3:30 Pacific. I gotta git TIVO or something.

-PJ

Kann
10-01-2005, 03:47 PM
They are not called G.I. Joes any more.:mad: :(

thorn
10-01-2005, 05:24 PM
i got one here thAT started at 2pm, i missed a few minutes of it, but wow, im pretty happy with it. i wonder if the ratings are really good, if theyll end up sending the ROCC and Rhino to TRU for christmas.

my only complaint- (HA!) i've never been one for the younger girls, and Scarlett, they must've retro'd 20 years off her, she looks 17.

overall, this is a pretty darn good cartoon, and i dont like cartoons.
SE and SS battle- AWesome.
duke vs Zartan- comedy! "my suit is better than yours "
"na nanananananana"
wow the rocc is leaping thru thre air. pretty powerful beast ....

yeah, not bad at all, especially for the kids

Obiwanjacoby
10-01-2005, 07:51 PM
I can't say enough good things about it. Everything is coming together very well. The plot is 100% dynamic, suspenceful, and mature for it's target audience.

The characterizations are getting better too, especially Duke. I just realized who he's supposed to be based on. He's talking slow & steady like a young John Wayne, y'know? Maybe it's just me, but I like that. Long Range is turning out to be my fave new character. Zartan is absolutely brilliant. Way better than the Sunbow version. My only complaint is that Snake-Eyes needs an SMG. :p Oh, an Kamakura needs a medic (Doc. . .Lifeline, hint-hint).;)

Too bad the other fans fail to recognize this series, because they're missing out on quality writing, anime, and voice acting.

-PJ

Obiwanjacoby
10-01-2005, 07:55 PM
The "Cobra Coast", huh? sounds like a hot tourist spot. ;)

It brought to mind Broca Beach. . .and the whole Cobra Island plot from the comic in general. :cool:

-PJ

MikePrime
10-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Well, Zartan, Destro and Baroness are the only good characters. Zartan's design is the only one that I like, and then because it's close to his original. I didn't watch much of it though. I actually woke up to watch "The Tick" on ABC Family.

Liokaiser
10-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Hmm all I cna say is I was shocked to see Duke get shot in the head by zartan. (if blinked you missed it. I saw a lazer nail him right in the side of the head and my jaw dropped that 4kids would have allowed it to go (specially when things happen in the animes brought over that they butchered to **** and highwater)

Anyway yeah I'm really enjoying this series, next to it the only thing I watch on 4kids is TMNT.

The MASS Device
10-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Today's episode was better (not too much of spud the robo-dog). The voice-acting seems to be a little spotty to me -- Scott and Duke are just annoying, but Scarlett, Zartan, Cobra Commander, the Baroness and Long Range impress.

The plot is okay. I did like the fact that they broadened the world of the series at least a little with the plan for the Cobra coast. Even if it is totally unworkable, so were many of the plots in the old cartoon series.

I dig the new vehicles and it was nice to see Storm Shadow, the 'Noks and Zartan fighting the Joes instead of just BATS.

Bermuda Mohawk
10-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Too bad the other fans fail to recognize this series, because they're missing out on quality writing, anime, and voice acting.

I don't know, I don't notice any of quality in any area other than the animation work. The voice acting is spotty, good from some actors, bad from the rest. The writing is horrid. It's even bad for kid's shows.

It's only a few weeks in, and I will contiue to watch...but will stop if in week 6 or 7 it's still just as bad.

Desslar
10-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Another mindnumbingly boring episode that not even Snake Eyes ninja action can save.

I wish they'd shell out some money for real writers. Where's Larry Hama when you need him?