View Full Version : A very hard day for me!! In memory of my dad

thunt4
10-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Well I have had a few people IM me over the past few weeks because I have not been posting as much as I usually do or even online for that matter. It started about 2 weeks ago. I went down to see my friends baby who was having his 3rd major heart surgery. WHile I was there I was not feeling well and was really worn out. A combination between that and not drinking enough I felt dizzy and I passed out and Got a very bad concusion and I was in the hospital for pretty much a full day. I hit my head extremely hard and they could hear me hit in the next room about 40 feet away through a wall. After recovering from that yeserday came. It was 6:17 in the morning and i heard my mom talking loud. My dad was having problems breathing and we called 911. His words were slurred and when we got him up we knew he had some sorta of stroke because his right side was not functioning. About 30 minutes later in the hospital he went into a coma.From what the doctors said to sum it up he had a bleeding stroke and the blood crushed his brain from the pressure. Late last night he was pronounced dead but one of his wishes was to be an organ donor so all night they were finding matches for that. When they did all the tests all of his organs were perfect and no flaws at all. He would have been very happy to know he saved others lives or gave someone a 2nd chance and also someone used his corneas so possibly someone gained site for the first time in there life. As I write this I can't help to completely break down in tears because I loved my dad very much.He like most of us had a passion and his was trains. He collected trains for more than 30 years and has written a few books and was featured in many magazines and known throughout the world. I just wanted to say I miss my dad more than any word can say and writing this is helping me deal with all that has gone on.. I know I will always have support from my good friends at yojoe.

vettfanatic
10-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Sorry to hear this Brian. My sympathy gos out to you and your family.

The Faceless Master
10-05-2005, 02:20 PM
i am sorry for your loss, man

gsmiley007
10-05-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm so sorry to heard that that happened, my condolences to you and your family

gutstheberserker
10-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Brian, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

red25thta
10-05-2005, 03:42 PM
I am sorry to hear about your loss. But a little part of your dad is still alive out there with all those people he helped. I know most of us love our parents and having to deal with their deaths is never easy. Just think about the good times you had with him and be proud of the fact that he changed for the better at least a few peoples lives.

thorn
10-05-2005, 03:52 PM
/ \ .

sorry man, be strong. what a horrible ordeal to be there for.

really cool about the organ donations.

danielmd06
10-05-2005, 06:29 PM
You've been through alot in the last few days Brian, and these things cannot possibly be easy for you or your family.

Know that we'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

whitedalek
10-05-2005, 07:06 PM
My sympathies to you and your family.

CGC
10-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Our condolences to your family. It's great to hear, though, about the doner part of it - it really does make an incredible differance.

When you get time to post links, I'm sure most of us would like to see pics of his trains.

Take care of yourself, it sounds like the past few weeks have been tougher than what seems like you should have take on. You mentioned your own collapse, make sure you're eating & drinking right, & don't forget to sleep plenty. I don't want to sound condescending or preachy, but with all of what you're going through, it's even more important.

My Generation Toys
10-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Brian,

I can't express it enough as to how much my heart goes out to you. I have yet to come to that stage in my life and I know that day will come for me, too.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

-Sigfrido

ttfndude
10-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Though we have never talked our lives parallel in our passion, and I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss.

ttfndude

GBPackRat
10-06-2005, 09:40 AM
Brian,

I can't possibly understand what your going through right now. I am very lucky to have both my parents and the nearest death thus far was my grandfather three years ago (something we saw coming months in advance).

I wish I could offer words that would help, or give you something that would make you forget, or do something to make the pain stop...

I wish I had the power to set things back to the way they were.

But I can't, and that sucks. I feel awful for you.

I guess the best I can offer is, please know were here as support. If you need people to talk to, contact us (or even me personally).

I wish I lived closer, I'd come and visit.

Oh and I too would be very interested in seeing your fathers train collection. Might I suggest, as a tribute to him, constructing a website all about him and his train collection. I bet many people in this world would be interested in hearing about how wonderful and neat your father was.

I send my best and support through this trying time for you.

Godspeed Brian, Godspeed...

Tanner

Fabio
10-06-2005, 11:58 AM
I, like others here I guess, know what it is to loose someone that close (my dad passed away in 1998) in a sudden manner. My best feelings go for you and your family and rest assured that he's in peace now.

TheReverend
10-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Sorry for you loss, you have my deepest condolences.

My father died in 2000, of something very similar.

We were very close. It still saddens me greatly to think of it, after all this time. I imagine it will forever.

Viper Commander
10-06-2005, 01:25 PM
My Grandpa and Grandma passed from strokes within a year of each other when I was in High School, I was really close to them when I was little. He was the kind of Grandpa who made sure to spoil you, and she was the kind of Grandma who made sure I always ate my favorite foods. The best thing we can do for our loved ones who pass is to always remember them and to let the younger generations know how wonderful their family is and what roots we came from. The best thing is to live the best you can and try to be happy in life, Im sure that will make your dad happy up there too.

"Yeh Yeh" "Poh Poh" I still miss you and think of you both. :(

Hector the Collector
10-06-2005, 03:08 PM
You have my deepest condolences. I know what you're going through, right now. I too, lost my dad, 2 years ago this month. It hurts when you lose a loved one, especially a parent or a brother or sister. I'm tearing up right now, as I write this, because I know the pain that you're going through. We all go though this at some point in our lives, it's just part of life. Stay strong and may God Bless your family.

Hector

jabba the drunk
10-06-2005, 08:47 PM
My prayers & thoughts are with you during this awful time, thunt. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. God bless!

-Peter

wraith
10-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Evil Ryu
10-07-2005, 10:57 AM
I understand what you are going through. I lost my Mother last year. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.