Is S6 winning you over ? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Is S6 winning you over ?

killjoy
10-05-2005, 11:03 PM
A 1/2 month before the Sigma 6 pilot I couldn't find one pro-S6 post but now, a lot of posts are supported of the line. Is the line & cartoon growing on you ?
I voted for the third choice which I had a typo on.

"The more I watch the MORE I like"
is what I meant :]

CGC
10-06-2005, 12:38 AM
I think it will, but I'm still reserving judgement for a few more weeks.

Rotty
10-06-2005, 01:55 AM
If it wasn't for musculature sculpted at harsh geometric angles like the Silver Age Bizarros, I'd be a Sigma 6 completist because they figures are just that cool. The size allows the designers to do things with small-scale accessories cast from multiple molds that Hasbro wouldn't dare at 1:18 scale because of how tiny and fiddly they'd be at 1/8 the volume.

I think what won me over is Storm Shadow. Not only does he come with a walk-in closet to store his gear like all the other figures, but they were able to give him SWORDCHUCKS, YO!

As far as the cartoon goes, it's great for what it is. If you can accept it as being aimed directly at kids rather than military veterans, it's huge fun.

The Buffalo Soldier
10-06-2005, 06:15 AM
Winning me over? Nope... I still hate it.

mizak23
10-06-2005, 08:21 AM
The figures are starting too, I bought the Snake Eyes, he's cool and all, just not my Snake Eyes. I can't stand the cartoon, I hate what they have done with characters and I hate the animation style.

Patrick A. Riley
10-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Neither the figures nor the cartoon

GBPackRat
10-06-2005, 10:19 AM
No...

Still want my ARAH stuff back...

Tanner

YELSEW
10-06-2005, 10:33 AM
I like the cartoon, but I will never like the toys!

Red Sox
10-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Not really. I despise anime, so the look of most of the toys doesn't do much for me. I'm glad Joe is back on TV and I find the toon mildly enjoyable minus Scott, Spud, and "ninja running". I may pick up Cobra Commander when he is released, other than that no Sigma 6 toys for me. I'll continue to buy the DTC products that I like and hope for a full return to 3.75".

sinnister
10-06-2005, 11:20 AM
I saw S6 for the first time at Kaybee yesterday. I dont like the figures at all. Some of the accessories look cool though. I also like the packaging they come in. If someone gave me the figures I wouldnt set them on fire...but that's as far as it goes. The toon does nothing for me either.

willie&joe
10-06-2005, 11:51 AM
I haven't picked any of the guys up, not sure if I will, but I do think they look very cool. When I first heard about them I thought it was amazingly stupid. My opinion didn't change when I saw the first pics. But now that they're out, I dunno, I think they're cool. Why? Who knows! Maybe I just want people to think I'm cool.

TheReverend
10-06-2005, 12:00 PM
I think you should have had an option on the poll for “The more I watch the LESS I like”

Sad to say that seems to be how it's hitting me.

The first episode I was sort of into, I feel that declining with the newer ones.

And I was fairly certain I was going to buy at least a couple figures, but after looking at them in stores (a couple times now). And thinking of the RAH stuff I could get for the same $30+ dollars. I feel my interest rapidly declining.:rolleyes:

In whole I just wish they'd bring back RAH full time. I'd even be happier with new sculpt stuff – at least some of the last couple waves were ok (bombstrike looks ok next to my RAH stuff). And the vehicles were all pretty cool.

MikePrime
10-06-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm not going to buy any of the figures. But, this is what I new think of Sigma 6.

Toys = good
cartoon- mediocre

As far as design goes, not counting the stylization, I think that every character looks good, except for Cobra Commander. If they want to give him a mask, they should have given him one that's close fitting. The hood and helmet thing just doesn't work for me.

killjoy
10-06-2005, 01:35 PM
[quote=TheReverend]I think you should have had an option on the poll for “The more I watch the LESS I like”

You might be 100% right about that.

joebahama
10-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Nah, its not my kind of thing. They don't interest me in the least. I walk past them in the toy isle as though they were Barbies. Not necessarily because they are bad, I don't care for them because I only like 1/18 scale. My kid brother wants one though si he'll get Snakeeyes and Storm Shadow for increase.

Royal Zarak
10-07-2005, 12:53 AM
I respect it but I can't get into it. Toys are ok just not for me.

3 3/4 for life

Rotty
10-07-2005, 02:56 AM
Not really. I despise anime, so

Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times, is that you? :rolleyes:

Rotty, loves anime

thoughtcrime
10-07-2005, 08:08 AM
I'll watch the toon when I remember to, but I won't go near the toys. I'm sorry if you like them but to me they are eyesores. I prefer 3 3/4, but if they made these in a 5 or 6 inch scale and sculpted them like Marvel Legends, I'd be much more open to getting a few.

The MASS Device
10-07-2005, 10:14 AM
I am also losing interest in the cartoon, but will continue to watch it as long as I can stand it.

I saw the toys in Kay Bee last week. I had thought about purchasing one to try them out, but I changed my mind when I saw them. I don't think I will be getting any. They are okay, but I have better things to spend my $15-$20 on.

tiger_45
10-07-2005, 10:31 AM
I was eager to see the cartoon. I like everything except for the way they made tunnel rat. The figures are ok but I will still buy them when they are on discount.

Bleak5170
10-07-2005, 10:38 AM
I would have liked the option of "The more i watch it, the more i DESPISE it". I gave it a chance for three straight weeks and it became progressively worse.