Atlanta GI Joe Collectors' Club Meeting [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Atlanta GI Joe Collectors' Club Meeting

Psywar
10-07-2005, 01:08 PM
ALCON,
The Atlanta GI Joe Collectors' Club will hold it's monthly meeting this Sunday at 2:00 pm at the National Museum of Patriotism. The Club is mostly geared towards 12" collectors however times are changing. It is the intent of the club to foster an interest amongst the 3 3/4" community and thereby develop a venue for trades and discussion. I feel confident that if we nuture and promote this recurring event, within a few months we can have something that all of us small joe guys can appreciate and use to our common advantage. So, bring your parts and accessories bins and anything you may want to trade and come out and join us. See link for directions and additional information...cheers, Lou

http://www.joelanta.com/atlclub.html

RNR...grab your boy Heavy Water and get over there...stay low, move fast.

heavy_water
10-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Hey...I just saw this today, so I think I'm late to the party. What happened?

Psywar
10-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Regretfully, there was little 3 3/4" participation. Garand Courtney, from the Joesightings boards, was there serving as small joe subject matter expert. The meeting coincided with the Braves and Falcons games so attendance was limited this month. Some leads were cultivated and coordinations made for the purchase of several 3 3/4" collections. Again, as time goes on, I feel confident that this venue will develop into something that will be of benefit to us all. For example, as a result of my interface with club members I have been able to acquire several collections that otherwise would have went to Ebay or elsewhere. I will post for next month's meeting as soon as the site is updated...thanks, Lou

rnrhero
11-29-2005, 10:01 PM
is there a meeting on the 2nd sunday of dec. I go to the web site often but it always updates like two days before a meeting. If any of you 3 3/4 guys are going to be there then I am going to try to be there with some trade fodder....

The Soft Master
12-19-2005, 09:02 AM
hey yall, I just moved to ATL, is there a vintage toyshop in the area that would sell GI Joe stuff or transformers or anything like that?

Psywar
12-19-2005, 03:48 PM
There are several...
I moved here several months ago myself and while searching for Joes and such fell into The Atlanta GI Joe Collectors club. As far as retail there are 2 main stores in greater ATL, one in Fayetteville (Dave's comics on SR 85)...they have a website also...google "yikes, toys, comics" and you should be able to get to it from there...the other one is near the mall of georgia...I believe it's Toyland Direct...There are 4-5 toy shows a year here, generally with a fair amount of Joe...google "Atlanta, GI Joe" for more info on those. If you want to show or help out with diaramas and such let me know. I work with the Atlanta Club from time to time on 3 3/4" matters. Cheers, Lou

picollogoku
01-11-2006, 02:11 AM
The aboved mentioned Yikes Toys and comics is an awsome shop. I go there every two weeks. He has the largest stock of 3 3/4 joes, transformers, MASK, starwars, comics, that I have seen in a long time(ebay the down fall of the toy shop). Both of the guys are named dave. one does the comic side the other does the toys. they seem to be pretty lazy when it comes to the website.

http://www.yikescomics.com

But they are more than worth the visit.

107 Rainbow Way
Fayetteville, GA 30214

(770) 716 9171

this is what I have show us yours.
http://photobucket.com/albums/c45/picollogoku/

Periscope
02-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Is Yikes! near Peachtree City? Also, I'm a 3 3/4" collector, and I'd like to go to the convention this summer, but it's in Sin City, and I can't afford to go this year. Please post it if there are any other conventions soon in Atlanta, and I'll be there, assuming they don't saw your arm and leg off at the door.

picollogoku
02-08-2006, 03:34 PM
not really sure I don't go that far south very often. just mapquest the address

rnrhero
02-10-2006, 09:22 AM
I live up in NOrcross and its about a 40 minute drive for me. You go to the 285, 75 merge and get on highway 85 i believe its called. It might be 80 but its the highway thats at that merge. go south about 8 to 10 miles and its on the left just before fayetville. Its the biggest toystore in the area and if you catch dave early he usually will make some cool deals as you get different stuff. he is a collector himself so he know the stuff and can usually find those hard to find missiles and things. Call first because there are two daves and you want the one that runs Yikes and not the comic part of the store.