worth of MOC japanese figures? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : worth of MOC japanese figures?

Falcone
10-07-2005, 01:34 PM
how much is a MOC cobra officer and MOC stalker on japanese card? Both cards and bubbles are in great condition

pastelmonster
10-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Do a quick search on completed Ebay auctions for Takara issue Joes?

Sephiroth
10-07-2005, 06:14 PM
how much is a MOC cobra officer and MOC stalker on japanese card? Both cards and bubbles are in great condition

I bought several Japanese-carded Cobra Officers at an average price of $35 each (exclusive of shipping) over the past few years. I would grade the cards/bubbles on most them at C-7/8. Stalker should only set you back about $30 for a C-8 card. These prices can still be found, but there's usually a lot of searching and waiting involved. Japanese carded figures used to be fairly easy/cheap to buy/win; however, I think some of the bigger Joe sellers on eBay have been buying them up so they can turn around charge inflated buy-it-now prices. Newer sellers see the inflated prices and price the figures are offered higher than they would have intially been.

Bermuda Mohawk
10-08-2005, 04:41 AM
I think the re-seller thing is very true. The last few J-Joes I have sold have been to sellers. I got on average $9-$12 each for 2nd tier Joes and Dreadnoks. I got $20 for a Cobra Trooper about a year ago. My Destro went for about $18, and Baroness around $30. Snake Eyes, Firefly, and Zartan seem to be the only real expensive guys. The prices in Japan are weird now too. Some can be found for $9-$12 each, but then there's the foreign dealers who blow $160 on a Snake Eyeys only to place it on Ebay for $180+.

It's a strange time for Japanese stuff.