Today's S6, Oct 8 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Today's S6, Oct 8

CGC
10-08-2005, 11:26 AM
The Dreadnok's bikes' crash, & there's a huge explosion; but Scarlett slams into a wall (after crashing into the B.A.T.S) with a jet, & there's no damage at all? - hmm, I guess that was built solid!

Anybody else think Heavy Duty seems to be based, at least somewhat, on Mr. T?
OK, so now we see why the toy has a band-aid on his nose... ;)

"Do ya think that's where the canon is spud?" "What's that, boy?"
must be related to Lassie :p

Ahh - next round of will it float - The R.O.C.C.!

Once they collect enough power stones? So, are the going to merge with Sonic? Maybe I heard that line wrong.

Nice catch by Snakes & Scarlett, about the holo's not having the right shadows.

I think the show was pretty good. One thing has been switched around since the line began, though. It looks like now Joe is the underdog. Seriuosly outnumbered & outgunned, but they still seem to pull things of without any injuries - so some things are pretty constant.

skinny
10-08-2005, 01:14 PM
When will Hasbro make the nok choppers? they were cool (and I am no fan of bikes). Story was better this week things are looking up still too bad spud wasnt squashed though. Maybe next week? power glove? give me a break. what.... are they going to play nintendo? So we get rid of the dog rarely see the kid (new recruit, lets hope not) and maybe just maybe we have got a show.

Obiwanjacoby
10-08-2005, 01:58 PM
I was robbed! I can't believe I spent all that time anticipating the ending to that story arc, and what do I get???

Wesley Crusher and his anticlimactic robot canine pee-pee joke!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ha, ha. . .the joke's on me. I can't believe I was suckered by this series to begin with. I'm just so mad right now that I'm numb.

-PJ

The Faceless Master
10-08-2005, 02:28 PM
first time i watched the show

Scarlett's kinda cute!! :p
but Baroness is HOT!! ngawr!!

coupla questions for you watchers out there
who was driving the ROCC? Spirit? Long Range?
is the kid supposed to be Mutt in the future?? :rolleyes:

Angry Beef
10-08-2005, 02:30 PM
I kind of liked it until... "Power stones"... Ummm... NO.

I guess we have an idea of what that 'Nok chopper would have looked like had it been released (I guess it may be a DTC exclusive now)

MikePrime
10-08-2005, 02:37 PM
I was robbed! I can't believe I spent all that time anticipating the ending to that story arc, and what do I get???

Wesley Crusher and his anticlimactic robot canine pee-pee joke!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ha, ha. . .the joke's on me. I can't believe I was suckered by this series to begin with. I'm just so mad right now that I'm numb.

-PJ

Don't feel bad, you were taken in by the show's good qualities. You expected good action and a good story, you thought everything would be fine.

Still, what could you expect from a show whose first episode had the "gross-out" humor of Tunnel Rat eating live cockroaches? I know it's a kid's show, but so was the original series. Makes one long for disco dancing, pink outfit over his uniform wearing, Snake Eyes, doesn't it?

It's hard to trust a show that won't let Cobra Commander wear either his hood or helmet, or at least a close fitting mask in place of the hood.

SharpShot
10-08-2005, 04:32 PM

Long Range is driving the ROCC. Spirit has yet to make an appearance.

Maybe he'll be in season 2, when Storm Shadow becomes good after Spud drools on his lap. :D

Rotty
10-08-2005, 06:16 PM

-PJ

That's some seriously acidic fluid their robots produce. Ugh.

CGC
10-08-2005, 06:24 PM
That's some seriously acidic fluid their robots produce. Ugh.
Y'know, they just barely showed spud lowering his right-rear leg. Maybe he was walking toward Scott...(Yeah, I doubt it too. . .), but for all we know, that corrosive "oil" could have shot from his ear!:rolleyes:

The MASS Device
10-08-2005, 07:33 PM
What we all feared, did indeed come true -- Spud saved the day when GI Joe wasn't looking. While the Joes were off on wild goose chases, the boy-wonder and his robo-dog found the real cannon and put it out of commission in the lamest possible way.

While there were some entertaining and half-decent elements in the show today, it is clear that Spud will ruin this show for anyone over 12 years of age. And Cobra's plan for the ongoing series also looks to be quite lame -- Power Stones, what a disappointment.

Bravo
10-08-2005, 08:10 PM
THE SCOTT AND SPUD SHOW
Featuring GI JOE SIGMA SIX

Kamakura and Jinx get brushed aside but Duke thinks Scott would make a good recruit. Or was Duke kidding? Since he manages to have the same inflection in any situatuon...none of that Michael Bell emoting stuff. This Duke is cocky 24/7/365 (366 on leap years!)

Launch the minijet inside.....woah! AWESOME.

Snake-Eyes conks out a key moment. Whatta loser!

Cobra's 2 or 3 human troopers make a special appearance.

Hopefully Overkill is rusting on the bottom on the ocean. My favorite part of the show is still the "AHAW-HAW-HAW!" lines in the opening credits, though they do not sound like CC or Overkill.

Cobra Commander needs to get all the Stones. Now he only has Keith Richards, who's more annoying than Overkill.

Obiwanjacoby
10-08-2005, 08:54 PM
What we all feared, did indeed come true -- Spud saved the day when GI Joe wasn't looking. While the Joes were off on wild goose chases, the boy-wonder and his robo-dog found the real cannon and put it out of commission in the lamest possible way.

Kudos to the guy who called it first. I remember reading his post weeks ago and thinking, "No way would they ever-ever do that". My own blind optimism about the show had me totally fooled. :rolleyes:

-PJ

Clutch II
10-08-2005, 10:20 PM
why do i keep thinking of M.A.S.K. the cartoon show from the 80's ?

skinny
10-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Just watched this new cartoon I was so disappointed after the great comic book commercials of course what do you expect when they have minimized the figure and taken away the realistic look of g.i. joe. I had to sit through two hours of trying to find a bunch of pieces of something called the mass device. I knew this series was bad when Scarlett (what is she a Southern Belle or something?) almost took out the new "leader" Duke with a jet. The sky is filled with parachutes whenever a jet is shot down?? Giant snake robots? slaves? and what is with the uniforms? they all look alike except for the heavy machine gunner and laser trooper. It is a sad day for us Joe fans.You would never hear my guys say something lame like "yo Joe" to warn the enemy they were coming.

For the record I am unsure of sigma six still

Skystriker
10-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I just urn for a cartoon series that I have to watch this S6 cartoon. I do wish is the "begining" of Gi Joe, making it a prequal to the orginial series..... an the writers are using this to introduce a new era of Joe Joe Cartoons...and the new recruits will be the Joes like Flint and Hawk etc...

Clutch II
10-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Just watched this new cartoon I was so disappointed after the great comic book commercials of course what do you expect when they have minimized the figure and taken away the realistic look of g.i. joe. I had to sit through two hours of trying to find a bunch of pieces of something called the mass device. I knew this series was bad when Scarlett (what is she a Southern Belle or something?) almost took out the new "leader" Duke with a jet. The sky is filled with parachutes whenever a jet is shot down?? Giant snake robots? slaves? and what is with the uniforms? they all look alike except for the heavy machine gunner and laser trooper. It is a sad day for us Joe fans.You would never hear my guys say something lame like "yo Joe" to warn the enemy they were coming.

For the record I am unsure of sigma six still

and i wonder where this alleged historical quote came from?since i collected the 12" G.I.Joes when i was a kid and when the new 3 3/4" Joes came out i was hooked especially the cartoon,but Sigma 6 is too geared towards 7-8 year olds.

NightViperOne
10-10-2005, 12:19 PM

First time for me, too, and I noticed the same thing, Don. Cripes, was she ever hot! I love anime. As for the problems with the show, though, has it not occured to anyone that this show would possibly be the victim of the recent decay of anime-style series' in the US? We keep getting crap like Pok-e-Mon and Yu-Gi-Oh. We think that we may finally get something decent... something we want in an anime format, and we get this.

My personal opinion: I loved the show. Yeah, it could have done without a few things, but I have learned to ignore what I don't like so long as it is to a minimum (such as the Power Glove... I seem to have missed the Power Stones comment), but if it goes overboard, then I may have problems.

-Jim

PS: Oh yeah, and the kid. I can't stand the kid and his dog! GRRRR!! Why don't they just put robo-mutt in a little red and white ball when he's not being used for easy storage?

The Faceless Master
10-10-2005, 03:01 PM
My personal opinion: I loved the show. Yeah, it could have done without a few things, but I have learned to ignore what I don't like so long as it is to a minimum (such as the Power Glove... I seem to have missed the Power Stones comment), but if it goes overboard, then I may have problems.

-Jim
I agree with ya here, Jim

In all honesty, when CC & Duke were face to face in the generator room,
i thought Duke was gonna yell "I choose Cyndaquill!!!"

Sure wish there were more characters tho like Jinx & Kamakura <in blue?>
like they had in the intro, i guess they'll start popping up later on

another question
Cobra Commander was chatting it up with someone at the end of the show
and it appeared there were two of them who looked alike...
were they supposed to be Tomax & Xamot??

Obiwanjacoby
10-10-2005, 09:04 PM
another question
Cobra Commander was chatting it up with someone at the end of the show
and it appeared there were two of them who looked alike...
were they supposed to be Tomax & Xamot??

You know, I didn't notice that part--because I was too busy screaming at the TV. I prolly missed the power-stone reference for the same reason.

-PJ

carnage717
10-10-2005, 09:44 PM
I enjoy the show for what it is, a cartoon geared towards kids. While I would love to see Scott and Spud get ran over by a HISS Tank im not counting on it any time. The animation is great but the problem I have is that Gonzo seems to be stuck in the same story telling format. I don't know if any of you watch Transfomers Cybertron, Armada, Energon or whater they are pushing now a days. All the new transformers Show suffer this same stort telling format. Find the Cyber Planet keys, find the little robots that make weapons, whatever they looking for at the current moment. And there are always the stupid annoying kids tagging along in every Transformers cartoon with their retarded little wannabe transformer personal robots (Can you say Scott and Spud). Honestly the folks a Gonzo need to change it up a little bit, theyre story telling is bland and getting old quick. While I will still watching the show for the animation I tend to tune out the whole story element because quite frankly it sucks. Every show I watching I keep waiting for Snake Eyes and Duke to do some super Transforming modes and Join together to become Super Sigma or some crap like that. If you have watching any of the recent transformer cartoons you know what Im talking about.

Brad

NightViperOne
10-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Oh, I forgotto mention, I am a HUGE fan of the way they protray Cobra Commander! This is the first cartoon where he has been like the diabolicle mastermind he is in the comics, not the bungling moron the cartoons always make him out to be. It was great!

-Jim... again

Dreadnok4life
10-21-2005, 04:03 AM

I hope you're 8 years old.. otherwise I gotta wonder why you would think Scarlett (who looks about 11 in the cartoon) is cute. Personally I go more for a post puberty girl such as Angelina Jolie.. I guess I'm just a wierdo.. :rolleyes:

Dreadnok4life
10-21-2005, 04:08 AM
This cartoon is the worst thing I've ever seen. The voice acting is horrible, the storyline is lame and contrived, and I just don't get why the animation is so awe inspiring. It' looks sort of lame to me. Especially making the females look like they are 10 years old. Is this some new way for pedophiles to get their jollies? Just curious.:mad: