How i ticked off a Sigma Six designer [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : How i ticked off a Sigma Six designer

AlternateUniverse Steeler
10-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Well i had a funny run in at San Diego Con this year at the massive hasbro booth. I was taking pictures of all DTC stuff and a Hasbro employee group approached me and asked what i thougth. I told them i loved the DTC stuff and was very happy that they did such a great job. They then asked me what I thought of the Sigma Six Stuff, which i hate more than the stomach flu, and i gave them my honest yet polite reply of "It sucks". They all broke out laughing except one guy.........The designer of the motorcycle. I had to ask him why they had put swords on it. He said it was cool. But you know, the cycle is the only thing in the line i liked. So he didn't kill me.

Falcone
10-13-2005, 10:09 PM
have you seen the new anime movie of final fantasy VII? it has a motorcycle with sides that opened up and there were 3 swords on each side......it was REALLY cool

AlternateUniverse Steeler
10-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Actually, yes i saw the toy prototype at SanDiego. Looks really cool.

Falcone
10-13-2005, 10:32 PM
i got alittle off topic but when i heard motorcycle and sword i thought of that movie

i would love the chance to talk to joe designers....

willie&joe
10-14-2005, 10:56 AM
i would love the chance to talk to joe designers....

Yes, but remember no hitting ;).

Obiwanjacoby
10-14-2005, 01:26 PM
What I want to know about Joe designers is, "How much leeway are they allowed for creativity?" As in, do they have design limitations? Why are some design sketches rejected over others? Why do they sometimes make a design that has more limited poseability than a previous figure design? Are there accessory limitations? What do they use for inspiration?

And one last thing. . .when will we see a Microman exclusive Joe figure? Like say, Snake-Eyes, Stormy, or one of the snipers? Prolly never, but I can dream. ;)

-PJ